Clicky

Lanny Ansar

A Statement on "Keeping an eye on the Prize".

I thought that i should point out a reminder that, even if Titan itself appears to be lacking any population in some occasions, that the sim itself is still to be taken as a base itself, and everyone's guard should still be at some elevated level. When someone on-base questions the reasons why people with anything BESIDES an Ordo tag or any allied affiliate are sprinting around the courtyards and base doing silly stunts over coms, to the point where one must FORCE themselves into Ventrilo and ask about it, it tends to make people (Especially the unsuspecting ones that log in to the prologue to the event) feel less secure about the rules and what is taken as "Right and Wrong".

This was further demonstrated late last night, when four people from an independent group, most with hidden tags, came into Titan and immediately began an offensive (Using broken Vanguard weapons, which was further discovered by Mr. Schuman and a easily-crackable auth system script). Two of the four offending players Made their way all the way to the Courtyard stairs without anyone even giving them a glance and a question. (I had been watching this occur, and popped into Ventrilo to ask about it. Nobody even knew, and i was gunned down by a shotgun blast moments after.)

I have further begun to question things because i have seen other (Allegedly) opposing factions roaming and loitering around the courtyard and base doors as well. I've spotted multiple Erebus members (Might need clarification on Arch Graves, i only assume he's hostile since nobody has reclassified him yet on Mercury and the alarms still sound when he appears), and a single member of 2142, in a single day.

Pardon me if i sound like a giant Hypocrite, but i find this a bit unacceptable. I understand entirely that Christmas Break has officially started and all, and everyone's out for a bit of R&R. But it doesn't matter much if there's still people willing to hang around Titan and chat with their buddies / go AFK and do other stuff, and completely ignore the giant spray of glowy green shotgun pellets that just mauled them from two feet away.

This was a mere concern on my part. In my 7 month career as an Ordo member, this was the first time i've encountered this.

Vigulence is important I agree. If someone appears to have hostile intentions then by all means do shoot first and ask questions later. The worst thing you can do is send someone back to their home by mistake, which is no big deal to anyone sensible.

With that said please don't gun people down purely because of their military affiliation. Hostile military members are often permitted visitation by the OIC as in the case of Arch graves and several other Erebus Initiative members on a regular basis.

If in doubt of someone's intentions as they enter the spawn; IM them. It's important that we don't treat other members of the community with hostility just because they have a diffrent tag to ours. We're all here to have fun after all.

Lastly if you have ANY complaint with a visitor or attacker please contact the OIC directly with an IM and voice your concerns in an official capacity. It's unacceptable to bitch about people over com or ventrilo. If the OIC sees merit to your complaint then it will be dealt with accordingly and in the appropriate manner.

Vigulence is important I agree. If someone appears to have hostile intentions then by all means do shoot first and ask questions later. The worst thing you can do is send someone back to their home by mistake, which is no big deal to anyone sensible.

Some people will rage and write me letters, rofl.

Otherwise, good comments and thanks!

With that said please don't gun people down purely because of their military affiliation. Hostile military members are often permitted visitation by the OIC as in the case of Arch graves and several other Erebus Initiative members on a regular basis.

If in doubt of someone's intentions as they enter the spawn; IM them. It's important that we don't treat other members of the community with hostility just because they have a diffrent tag to ours. We're all here to have fun after all.

Lastly if you have ANY complaint with a visitor or attacker please contact the OIC directly with an IM and voice your concerns in an official capacity. It's unacceptable to bitch about people over com or ventrilo. If the OIC sees merit to your complaint then it will be dealt with accordingly and in the appropriate manner.

My apologies for my assumptions. I pretty much classed them myself as hostile, seeing that we had been attacked quite a few times beforehand by Erebus, and the larger multi-group raid that occurred yesterday. But the larger concern was the fact that i had asked about Arch Graves (And one other person who's name has slipped by me) and got absolutely no response. It just didn't help the case any more when the four hidden-grouped hostiles arrived (In which i asked over Vent if anyone knew them, with minimal response and hopes that the OIC was on the case.)

My apologies for my assumptions. I pretty much classed them myself as hostile, seeing that we had been attacked quite a few times beforehand by Erebus, and the larger multi-group raid that occurred yesterday. But the larger concern was the fact that i had asked about Arch Graves (And one other person who's name has slipped by me) and got absolutely no response. It just didn't help the case any more when the four hidden-grouped hostiles arrived (In which i asked over Vent if anyone knew them, with minimal response and hopes that the OIC was on the case.)

That was totally me dropping the ball on that. I had noticed more than usual amounts of green dots running around and double checked Mercury to see who it was, I didn't ID them fast enough to give a heads up and my tendency to be rather quiet probably meant my questions in Vent were unheard. At any rate, this kind of happening should never actually... happen. With that in mind, I fully expect late night shift to be a little more aware from now on.

Hmm. Relevant, but easily answered.

If someone's messing on the patio, I ask over Comm's if they're allowed. If I dont get an answer, I stop them and ask. if they're armed, they dont get asked. they get checked, and if they fail to follow the rules and the OIC hasn't authed it, they're removed. if they're closing in on the base, the NCOIC has to auth them before they reach the green zone, else, neutralization...