Clicky

Aryte

Additional groups?

58 members have voted

1. 1. Additional groups?

• Yes: create groups for each individually.
    • No: leave them the same.
    • Alternative: create a "Cohors B" group / "Astra flight" group that holds all of them together.

Hard choice. We just got 40 groups but this would mean a new member would need at minimum five groups to be an active member. (Main, Terra/Astra, Armatura, Squad, one open slot for raids to set home) Plus the Faces group if it's optional.

Then again, those that want to really be active would end up getting into other groups too. I know I have thirteen groups just dedicated to Ordo plus spawn groups. In total I have 23 groups for military.

Ever since I was a B-II CO, I've always been for the whole Cohors B Century groups. Reason as to why: well, each CO in Cohors B sends out many notices and messages to each person individually. Not only can notecards be intercepted due to Second Life being, well, Second Life. Not only this, but it would be a better management and unity within the Centuries. Like in Cohors A, being in a group gives you a sense of pride and unity with fellow members, it should be that way for Cohors B as well.

I voted Yes.

I voted for alternative. While it would be good to have individual groups, and for the sake of convenience it'd be nicer. Though, it would clutter a lot of people's group tabs up. While we are allowed 42, for people like Firefox in a high command position to be apart of all of those groups at once, would just be incredibly redundant and it'd look silly from anyone's observant perspective. One group has the slots in it to create roles of which can be used to organize and view a roster effectively.

Speaking from a my old position as a B-1 CO, it's extremely easy anyways to just open up your contacts tab and IM people. A good CO knows those whom are under his command.

Jus' sayin'.

I never use my contacts tab to communicate with the squad. since I have 450 people on that list or so. It's easier to organize calling cards of active members into a specific folder. But, sending a group notice or the ability to send updated schedules, surveys or other squad related news or items would be a godsend instead of opening everyone's profile one at a time and sending things that way. It isn't a matter of knowing who is in your squad. It's also helpful to see the last login date of a member without searching the terra, or the entire main ordo group

Also, A single group for all flights. or all B cohors would be damned inconvinient as every notice you send to your own squad. or form.. or project. would also be sent to all other squads as well. .

Edited by Steeltael Lykin

I never use my contacts tab to communicate with the squad. since I have 450 people on that list or so. It's easier to organize calling cards of active members into a specific folder.

That's actually a better idea than the ole' contact list search!

I'm pretty indifferent on it, if you guys think it's a good idea to have individual groups I won't stop you! I can see the very many benefits that come with it, it allows a lot more of flexibility than not having one. I myself am just a bit more conservative when it comes to how many groups I'm in, but that's just another perspective of looking at it.

I sorry of am asked this question but is not clear in my head. To what will serve these groups?

Just a membership? Or will be “groups useful” for the operation of the ordo?

(Useful Example of “group”: So of other French engage in Ordo, I think of creating a group “the Gallic ones of Ordo Imperialis” or “the Gallic ones of Imperator”. The goals of this group will be: 1 Give French information and to organize itself for the good performance of French, with the centres of Ordo. 2 To promote Ordo Imperialis among French of SL and 3 To help new French who has difficulty with English and/or well with the military language. Also justified “some” which would like to let give up, like Zyl and others)