Clicky

Firefox Breed

Prophecy Closed Beta

Been trying to pinpoint my graphics settings on this game for about 2 hours now, so it doesn't try to crash after an hour of playtime. Other than that, this game is beautiful. The dogfights get pretty intense as well, and they're even more hectic with the first-person cockpit view.

This game does feel like a more personalized form of EVE Online though, and I keep hearing rumors that it's based off of that setup. Dunno if it's true though, but the graphics do scream out EVE.

Lanny, you're not the only one experiencing those spontaneous crashes. I think it's a beta issue that'll be addressed and rolled out by the stable release.

I do agree on the more personalized form of Eve... really similar in some ways, but different in others.

Hopefully so. I actually managed to run the game on all high settings through the tutorial and first 10 minutes of the game before my PC locked up and I was forced to reboot. It's absolutely stunning if you can ramp the settings that high. I made the comment about the EVE-like graphics mostly because of the character creation. The textures and the modeling really has that EVE setup, and the darker graphics style makes it feel that way as well.

It seems that my gameplay has stabilized a bit since i docked down the graphics to a medium-ish setting. Was still kinda stunned that an Nvidia GTS250 card would have such issues, but it might also be that I'm only rocking 3 gigs of ram too.

Tyi and Genide are both exactly equal in everything. Every ship has the same parts, ect. The only difference is your tactical skills and the looks. Tyi look badass, so guess who I chose lol.

My name is Reincarnated. I had Desereck, but I effed up originally and couldn't even finish the very first mission after the prologue.

I joined a clan just to start out. Currently lvl 14 until the other guys in the guild stopped playing. Without other people to interact with, the game gets boring pretty fast so I'm twiddling my thumbs right now because I don't feel like doing endless amounts of solo missions to level up.

My only complaint is the concentration system. You lose a point every time you jump/dock/undock/log in/log out. Starting at 160 (really only 159 because you lose one after logging in) it slowly degrades until you get 70xp every mission instead of 500xp.

That's a fact, I tested it.

They punish you for playing longer instead of rewarding you. It creates a giant gap between those who play every day and those who don't... meaning: those who got their keys on the first day are lvl30 and gain a level everyday while those who joined a week later are lvl20 and gain a level everyday and there's no possibility of catching up.

The game has great potential, and it's already mind-blowing.. just not alone.