Clicky

Guest Afevis

Battlefield Play4Free

Well, apparently if you own a copy of Bad Company 1 or 2, you'll get a code automatically when you login with that account.

Which is completely contradictory, because after playing this for an hour, i'm going back to BC2. I'm not gonna spend RL money on something that I can unlock in an already-owned game with only mild to moderate effort.

Well, apparently if you own a copy of Bad Company 1 or 2, you'll get a code automatically when you login with that account.

Which is completely contradictory, because after playing this for an hour, i'm going back to BC2. I'm not gonna spend RL money on something that I can unlock in an already-owned game with only mild to moderate effort.

Sounds kinda like Combat Arm's unlock system, but its an Battlefield Game so it probably doesn't suck.

Sounds kinda like Combat Arm's unlock system, but its an Battlefield Game so it probably doesn't suck.

It really is. The only options you get for your weapons are for 1-day and 3-day purchases. The rest require bought currency.

Also, the mechanics of the game mimic MOH's system, instead of Battlefield or BC. I tear people to pieces with my starter MG3.

Well, the "best weapons" are hardly ones you have to buy with real cash. I bought like $7 to try out the ump and saw and TBH its more of an aesthetic thing. Just like the gear.

You purchase on credits, which you earn for being a good player. Its generally 1000 credits to unlock 1 of the veteran weapons (the improved version of basic weapons) for 24 hours. 1000 credits isnt that hard to get TBH, about 2 successful rounds.

Once you have a veteran weapon, its alot easier to maintain that surprlus of battlefield credits, and unless you wanna just look cool you dont have to spend a dime. There are -no- items that you purchase by real cash that give you any advantage thats drastic. Other than XP or CP (combat points, the free 'money') boosts that you can purcahse to level up faster or get a surplus of cash for weapons.

The only thing that sucks is how much advantage the high level players have over low level, such as alot more accurate range identification and direction of fire sensory. Though if you are that higher level person its nice, and considering with time -most- people will be higher level its no big deal.

Altus, because it creates different play styles. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages just like any RL fighting styles / martial arts ect. Obviously not based on RL standards but same concept. Its simply to more hone your play style.

idunno im an old school scorewhore, im more intrested in the points at the end of the game than getting my boxfed machinegun painted elton john gold. I mean, different playing styles is something you develope from the get-go. That dosent really justify the cooldude status on how an already badass player now has the ability to take buckshot to the face, dosent die but rather sits on his ass, pulls out a pistol and merrily begins popping shots off at you again in MW. Or has now all these top spec weapons with extra armor like in BFBC.

idunno im an old school scorewhore, im more intrested in the points at the end of the game than getting my boxfed machinegun painted elton john gold. I mean, different playing styles is something you develope from the get-go. That dosent really justify the cooldude status on how an already badass player now has the ability to take buckshot to the face, dosent die but rather sits on his ass, pulls out a pistol and merrily begins popping shots off at you again in MW. Or has now all these top spec weapons with extra armor like in BFBC.

in truth, theres rarely ever bonuses like that. The "last stand" you refer to from MW only applies without headshot. (makes sense really.) Nobody ever gets damage reducers other than to explosives like claymores ect. BFBC the most you can get is "magnum ammo" which essentially was more punch for your guns.

Usually the unlocks are rarely ever game-changers. Do they help ? of course. Are you ever SOL if you are just starting the game? Rarely if ever.