Clicky

Aryte

Briefing: ANFD

As prepared by your beloved Frumentarii*. Thank you, individual who wrote this. You know who you are. <3

Mission-

The mission of the ANFD is to provide heavy fire support to ANMD and area denial to enemy forces. This is accomplished through the utilization of several specialized nonphysical fleetships, and a proposed, yet unapproved and unfinished, mortar system.

Equipment-

The ANS Gabriel J. Raines, commonly referred to as "Raines" is primarily a minelayer, used for area denial. It is equipped with PGM and FASCAM mines, and capable of deploying large fields in a relatively short time, utilizing its high speed to zip around the battlefield. The Raines is the fastest ship in the ANFD fleet. The Raines has a minimal effective crew of one, optimum crew of two, and is capable of carrying three more in seating inside, though this is seldom used despite the Raines' higher speed and suitability for dropship operations. This is because of ANAD jealously guarding the role of dropship operations. The Raines has one FD STD turret situated in the nose, with Explosive, Anti Air, and Gatling rounds. The Raines is issued, currently, to lower enlisted in the ANFD. Ordo personnel should expect to see mine fields when Raines ships are present, both in the air and on the ground. Though designed to be primarily defensive in nature, ANFD members are sometimes known to position their Raines' high, with a nose down angle to the ground to allow their turret to engage ground targets. The greatest threat the Raines has, by far, is it's ability to deploy large FASCAM fields, as the AN-PGM is, at best, unreliable.

The ANS Moebius(I) class is a ship designed for dropship purposes, though as previously mentioned, ANAD is currently jealously guarding that role. The Moebius(i), without a crew, is useless. It has no on board pilot controlled weapons, and instead relies heavily on its turrets. Couple this with it's ponderous size and mediocre speed, and the threat level from this ship is, at best, low-medium. The Mobius(I) is no longer issued, and usually wont be seen.

The ANS Horatius class is a ship designed to replace the Jaques Du Molay class corvette. It is equipped with FASCAM/PGM deployers, though not on the scale of the Raines. It is a fast ship, though also not on the same scale as the Raines. Other armaments include a 32 meter radius Gravity Bomb, torpedo's for coordinate driven assaults, intersim torpedo's for standoff, and bunker buster bombs to penetrate deeply inside structures. The "intersim torpedo" does not work between island sims, though I could be wrong and am going to double check this. The Horatius is sometimes referred to as "the Hor." Issued to senior NCOs and Officers in the ANFD.

The ANS Mobius(II) is a rebuild of the Mobius(I). As of this point it is unscripted, and spec sheets are unavailable at this time. As more information becomes available, I will of course report it.

The Alliance Navy Mortar system has been put on hold because of differing opinions of where it should be utilized. Luca Vasilopita, one of the main contributors of the project, believes it should be an ANMD weapon, while Admiral Vanburgh believes that, since it is a fire support weapon, it is squarely in ANFD's purview.

Personnel of Note-

Jason Backer is the current commander of the ANFD, rank O-5, Lt. Colonel.

Izaea Qinan is the current XO of the ANFD, Rank O-4, Major. Izaea is an all around good guy, loyal to the group, and upset at it's current state.

Nytewynd Tuqiri is the current Sergeant Major of the ANFD, rank E-9. Nytewynd is fanatically devoted to Luca, regardless of his actions. Nytewtnd is currently the favorite for the next JAG commander, despite her leaving the role of ANFD JAG Liason.

Chip Millhouse, Lower enlisted, old soul in SL. Was a good pilot in ANAD, now transferred into ANFD. One to watch.

Closing-

The Alliance Navy Fleet Division, while currently one of the largest and most active divisions, is primarily an under-equipped, under trained version of the Alliance Navy Marine Division. The highly personalized nature of the ships mean that each one has to be personally issued, and cannot be simply gotten from a vendor. This has lead to several members of ANFD without ships, instead being forced to be ground troops. Most ships, when they -are- rezzed and used in combat, are undercrewed. This minimalizes their threat level further. A prevalant strain on ANAD has lead to less cooperation between the two divisions, lending less than adequate air cover to fleetships, rendering them flying targets of opprotunity. In closing, while full of potential, ANFD is woefully lacking in organization, and is not much of a threat in and of itself.

*The Frumentarii does not exist.

Agares Tretiak wrote:

I may also vouch, the Frumentarii are a vicious rumor, started by the apostates and heretics that seek to destroy the Ordo. We know all this by uh...telepathy. Yes telepaths ARE real. They are currently used to fuel The Golden Cup of the Imperator and divine the future.

*executes Agares for speaking the name of the vicious lie that is Frumentarii, then executes self for thinking of the frumentarii*