Clicky

Desereck Creeggan

Need your help.

Ever since I started gaming I always had this dream: a survival sandbox. Instantly games come to mind such as Minecraft or Wurm Online. Wurm is actually exactly what I have been dreaming of, but it's poorly implemented and leaves a lot of areas for want. Minecraft is so close but yet so far. All of my searches have been, frankly, in vain, so I come to you.

Right now the best way I can describe the game I'm looking for is as such:

• Freedom to be whatever (hunter, farmer, ect)
  • Sandbox (can build your own house or make items)
  • Decent graphics (This can be scrapped, but I prefer 3d over 2d)
  • Realism (Hunger, Thirst)
  • Multiplayer (Another one that can be scrapped)
  • Free to play (I can live with restrictions)

So far I've looked at:

Haven&Hearth

Toadwater

Unreal World

Stranded 2

Survivors of Ragnarok

A Tale in the Desert

Haven&Hearth is the only one I'm slightly considering trying out, also, this looks promising:

http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/

If Skyrim turns out to be the buttbaby of Oblivion and Wurm/Minecraft as an option, I will have officially found something to die for, but until then...

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

Currently in 'closed beta' but beta key can be acquired from fileplanet.

Isometric 2D in a sort of Disgaea type turn-based combat system. Live ecosystem type of system where wildlife and plantlife could go out of control depending on how the player seeds an area with different types of plants or animals. Entirely player-driven economy, including minting the coins themselves. Variety of trades, decent selection of classes with element-based combat abilities primarily. Built-in playerhome type of system, and different 'cities' that you become a citizen of at the competition of another city. Haven't gotten too far myself, but its fun!

Aaah. I saw this while browsing but didn't pay it any mind because of the Japanese modeling. What you describe sounds awesome though, I'll check it out!

Edit: For some reason the key retrieval from Fileplanet is Ffffed up. If you could get one for me that would be nice or I'm SOL

Edit2: After snooping around, looks like Wakfu is out of keys. Oh well.

Keep the games coming!

I know what your talking about id like to see someone do it. Like say the freeroam mode of GTAVI with the build powers of garrysmod and the nessesity system of the sims and amount of things to do (no not sidequests and dickfaced minigame fillers) like say in Mount and Blade you can manage trade caravans and improve villages, etc.

Also like to see someone take that web brower game Urban dead, kick the turn system off and make that sucker a 3D MMO