Clicky

Aryte

Echelon Union: NOTICE - 1/05/08

Until further notice, under no circumstance are Ordo personnel to defend or assist the Echelon Union spare with explicit approval from the Office of the Impeator. Any visitation of EU territory in official Ordo capacity (in attire and wielding any of our gear) is also prohibited.

This decision is on reason of EU HC refusing to remove known copybotters whom have purposely targeted Ordo material, such as the individual known as Dezno Parx.

I assume the idea behind this is that we don't want to expose our gear to a known copybotter, thus no visiting EU with gear on (just as we don't wear our gear outside of our official duties, partly for the same reason.) So there's no reason to give other EU a hard time when they show up in Titan.

It's nearly impossible to copybot something that is worn by an avatar. You can take skin textures and profile information easily but even that is being corrected by Linden Labs. As for prim copying the code to do such a thing was acctually removed by "libsl" the creators of the tools required by proxy to run the bot. Thusly to acctually do so would require someone with an immence knowledge of code for programs of this nature and would have to reprogram copybot, the actual copybot was "sabotaged" completely to disallow such practises by libsl and is pretty useless at this point in Second Life because there is no desire to continue the project because they keep being cut off by Linden Lab's technicians.

Realisticaly and in this case it's not going to happen.

It is possible to brute force an objects information and open it in an open source sim but again we're talking about a lot of resources here and a large understanding of the code. Even then it's not a prim copy, but meerly information interepreted by the code to produce a basic shape that can be built upon, recovering textures from items is also no longer possible.

Sekonda Huet wrote:

It's nearly impossible to copybot something that is worn by an avatar. You can take skin textures and profile information easily but even that is being corrected by Linden Labs. As for prim copying the code to do such a thing was acctually removed by "libsl" the creators of the tools required by proxy to run the bot. Thusly to acctually do so would require someone with an immence knowledge of code for programs of this nature and would have to reprogram copybot, the actual copybot was "sabotaged" completely to disallow such practises by libsl and is pretty useless at this point in Second Life because there is no desire to continue the project because they keep being cut off by Linden Lab's technicians.

It is possible to brute force an objects information and open it in an open source sim but again we're talking about a lot of resources here and a large understanding of the code. Even then it's not a prim copy, but meerly information interepreted by the code to produce a basic shape that can be built upon, recovering textures from items is also no longer possible.

It happened all the time last year around this time Sek.

Sekonda Huet wrote:

Now people just change the opensource SL client to do exactly the same thing.

Its not that hard ... recieve prim dimensions and paramters from the grid and inject them again as create/modify prims on different coordinates..

Sekonda Huet wrote:

Ho ho ho.

I beg to differ, you clearly haven't been around the block. I watched Hugo's boots (while he was wearing them) be copybotted, in the air, 10 seconds, and the person put them on. She then proceeded to say they sucked on her avatar, and took em off. Then copybotted his outfit, 20 seconds, right infront of us. The prims were rezzed as cubes, they formed themselves, sculpties were added, then textures (mapped correctly), and she was set.

Either A) This guy is special or B) he came from the past when copybotting was possible

Oh yeah, many people possess the abilities to recover any texture from any object (including sculpts, and the sculpt's UV map). Certainly not me though, *rolls eyes*

You know nothing of me. D:

I'm aware of how it's programmed and I've seen it being tested, I assure you it doesn't work like that anymore. The object cannot be taken from a persons avatar it has to be rezzed as its own object, the reason being is when the copybot communicates with the avatar it reads only one key, not the multiuple asset keys for each object.

The best you could do is approach the PN and ask them directly if it's possible, wether or not they say is something you'll find out.

I've witnessed the same thing you have tho, but I had to have an item rezzed, I was shown the copybot in action where it took a piece by piece copy of my tail, and even then it did not arrange them in the order as if it had been duplicated because it simply does not have the avility to do so, then again it may not be quite so difficult with something thats only 30 prims whereas the tail is some 70 prims.

What I am aware of tho at the moment is that it is entirely possible to rip scripts out of an object by brute force, this comes from the recent stuff over at JLU when their little communications server was hacked from inside SL.

The Copybot required the use of two seperate avatars, you could not use a copybot for the account you were signed in on, you needed a "ghost" avatar to run via proxy and libsl

Sekonda Huet wrote:

What I am aware of tho at the moment is that it is entirely possible to rip scripts out of an object by brute force, this comes from the recent stuff over at JLU when their little communications server was hacked from inside SL.

The Copybot required the use of two seperate avatars, you could not use a copybot for the account you were signed in on, you needed a "ghost" avatar to run via proxy and libsl

Haha, those people who can rip sculpts certainly don't need to brute force. Those people can do it at the press of a button. ;) Yus, I can ask those people to prove it to you.

You speak with such experienced lingo, yet you don't address the simple concept of most data being given to the user's client-- textures, animations, prims, sculpts... it's just a matter of having a program that rips that data and lets you have access to it.

yes that program is libsl, which was sabotaged and blocked by linden, and the creators never bothered to do a work around. Its like when 4chan was repeatedly sage bombed and it stopped because the Chan boards kept finding ways to reject the sage, thus sages or the program "SaviourChan" ceased to exist and be supported. Anyone can grab a copybot and use it, getting it to work the way you wanted to requires recoding the actual program, considering its no longer open source and not supported by its creator NEXIS it's no longer working.

Copybot isnt the issue or libsl, Unless something else has been created and is being mistaken for Copybot.

And, if you didn't know this, there is no way that Linden Labs can stop texture-nabbing. All textures get sent to your client for your graphics card to read and apply.

Well, there is a way. It involves not sending anything to the client at all.

Sekonda Huet wrote:

yes that program is libsl, which was sabotaged and blocked by linden, and the creators never bothered to do a work around. Its like when 4chan was repeatedly sage bombed and it stopped because the Chan boards kept finding ways to reject the sage, thus sages or the program "SaviourChan" ceased to exist and be supported. Anyone can grab a copybot and use it, getting it to work the way you wanted to requires recoding the actual program, considering its no longer open source and not supported by its creator NEXIS it's no longer working.

Copybot isnt the issue or libsl, Unless something else has been created and is being mistaken for Copybot.

... No, that program is not libsl. I've never even heard of libsl.

Snake feeding time, back later! LIBSL was used to hack the Alliance Navy's vendors. When that all happened. I'll show you the documents on it later, as for the texture theft from a graphics card your clutching at straws here with trojan viruses to read that information... Giving the botters way too much credit.

... Sekonda, I have come to the conclusion that you have literally no idea what you're talking about. That last post made no sense at all. /me facepalms

Let it be known to everyone else reading this: Everything is possible. If you don't believe me, persist in delusion (lul liek Sekonda).

I'm done.