Clicky

Aryte

Ordo: Chronus Donation Fund

As mentioned in last week's meeting (http://www.ordoimperialis.com/ordo/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=26&thread_id=1661):

Summarized (by Endra): Chronus price going up and severe limitations being added (Chronus will be useless). Had choice between dumping Chronus, keeping it around for administrative purposes, or upgrading to full sim. People said stuff. Decision eventually made to close down Chronus for the time being, enact several plans to raise money (revamping Titan Industries and setting up a donation fund), and reopening/upgrade the sim when we're better equipped.

As plans to redevelop Titan Industries gather steam, it has been decided to allow for donations to begin for those within the Ordo so interested. If you wish to donate, there are two methods:

1. Paypal, at [email protected] (donate button to the left of the screen).

2. Linden donation, to Ruin Nefarious (not Aryte)!

All donations will go directly toward upgrading Chronus to a Class-5 region space. As per Linden Lab's agreement, to upgrade Chronus while it still exists will cost a grand total of $750 USD ($1000USD normal sim price - $250USD for existing sim = $750). The original plan was to drop Chronus and reopen after Titan Industries has reached a more functional level to support the $300USD upkeep fee generated by a class 5 region. However, provided necessary funds are allocated, plans will be accelerated to upgrade Chronus at its discounted price. Failing that, any funds will still go directly to Chronus.

Please understand donations are not necessary nor expected-- this is an opportunity for those interested in contributing in this manner. Titan as a region is not affected by this drive, nor does it need any assistance. Titan, our primary sim, is secure financially at this time.

Donations will be listed within this thread as they come in, in order to keep a running track of any acquired assets. Linden donations will take a short while longer to be recorded, but will be denoted in a specific manner in order to make it apparent. If you do not see your donation listed here (amount only, name will be anonymous), contact Aryte Vesperia to ensure he didn't squander it for coffee.

Primary goal: $750 (upgrade)

Secondary goal: $300 (one month upkeep extra)

Post scriptum, if you donate outside of your means, I will beat you. Please don't hurt your finances for the reason of upgrading a sim. Looking at you, Mizar.

Donations:

1. $1USD (GUNAU)

2. $1USD (INTUS)

3. $200USD

4. $200USD

5. $20USD (CANADIAN FUNDS)

Keller Teichmann wrote:

I'll see what I can contribute. I qualified for a scholarship this semester, and as a bonus, my parents are simply giving me the portion of tuition they usually paid. Just need to see how much my expenses are going to drain (books are not cheap ;..; ).

Horribly expensive! And, no worries! Not the end of the world or anything, this is really a "how long do you want to wait for Chronus" more than anything.

Chronus will be dying shortly, rather than spend $95 dollars on the next month while we set ourselves up. That changes a few things, but not a large setback (lose the $250 credit-- but I may just sacrifice one of my other voids, my personal one, that I never use). The tier fees we'd otherwise be spending monthly can be diverted to the pot.

Well, Chronus has been empty and gutted now for a few days and really......who's noticed a difference, honestly? I know I haven't. It just means it's a bit empty over to the side instead of having that big wall there.

If it takes more than three months to get Chronus up and running as a full sim, we've already made back the difference and more in the original setup cost from the Void to the full anyway, without the credit.

Total collected as of January 28th: USD522.

Thank you all for your donations. Just checking in so as to make it clear we haven't forgotten about this project. Don't worry, I haven't squandered your money on Starbucks. Going forward, our aim now is to focus on developing Titan Industries to an operational/acceptable level. From there, we launch into an aggressive promotional, asset building project. Coupled with donations and Titan cash, we'll repurchase Chronus as a Class 5 and upkeep it.

Plan B is I buy a lot of espresso.