Clicky

SalemAdams Wobbit

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Any better then standard counter strike stuff? or just the same CoD style crap?

To be honest, Counter Strike is really the genesis of what most Online FPSs are based around. Even the Original CoD sought to surpass Counter Strike (and it did...but lost it's unique flare in doing so).

And it sucks having an old compy that refuses to play such games...should have upgraded with some of the money that I got from the government.

Any better then standard counter strike stuff? or just the same CoD style crap?

CS:GO feels like what CS:S should have been. In some ways feels a bit like L4D2/Portal 2 since it's on the same updated source engine but that's almost purely aesthetics, the hitbox/movement speed/maps are all vastly improved from what CS:S was. It's still very fast paced, and requires tons of skill to play well. There's some new gear included like molotov cocktails and tazers that 1-hit-kill, but it also includes by default several new game modes that're old to the CS scene that used to be mods (like gungame).

Beyond that, the maps themselves have been changed drastically. There's new ladders and stairs in places there weren't any before, likewise I've encountered several bugs by dropping the bomb in places that it can't be reached, and sometimes being able to go out of bounds. You can play matches with friends without buying a server now as well, it has p2p gameplay, and you can host dedicated servers, but at the moment you can't seem to host a private p2p match, and like most CS games it has LAN support as well.

So there's still lots of things that still need fixed/patched in the beta before the full release, but according to Valve they plan to do that by Friday, and give it some final testing before the 'Pre-Order' beta starts on the 14th. Either way, it's super fun. I hope some of my friends pick it up so I can play some with them, either that or I might buy a few gift copies.

Well, I have had time offs and time ons, but I never really let go of CS since 0.6 :p

Update:

Tested it on the beta today. I like it, alot. Feels like CS:S should have been indeed. Not sure if I am liking the levels stuff though. I will have to look further in that system.

Edited by Wolves Nakamura