Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Free to Play goes live in 3 days. After the poll and research into each server I've run an Imperial Character to the guild registrar on "The Shadowlands - PvE" server and registered "The Ordo Imperialis". Rank structure will be partially based off our current Ordo structure and we'll honor position, time in service or contributions made to the Ordo abroad.

Other games like this are great places to make a presence and get known with an abundant amount of potential. This will allow us to continue our recruitment process for other areas, like Planetside 2 and allow new members to integrate and participate with us as a whole in similar interests.

I don't see why not start a small republic guild for those who want to play that side, but we'll likely primarily be based on Empire side. The only thing really different on both sides for similar class types are the story lines, classes are very similar for their equivalent classes for both sides.

To me SW was always more about the ideals held by each class/character. Can't see myself playing Empire for not believing/agreeing with the ideals of the Sith or Empire Agents.

The only class i could consider playing would be bounty hunter and even still hardly because when i think bounty hunter i think of a chaotic neutral dude that will work for the best price/reward. Like the smuggler , but both were kinda forced to pick a side and basically are just 'another' gameplay class.

No problem on putting focus on Empire guild, but if there's enough people on the republic as well, a republic branch might be a good idea.

I completely understand what you mean and always felt the same way, it was hard to get me to play Empire side last time, my main character has always been a 'Jedi'. But for the same reason this is why the Ordo will be on the Empire side, as it's similar, not in alignment as that's everyone's choice, but structure, design and standing. That's the nice thing about SW:TOR, just because you're sith, doesn't mean you "ARE sith" or Empire... It's more about 'the character and their story'. I play my agent that hates the sith and only enjoy's the spying and espionage... My Bounty hunter is light-sided, doing everything out of honor and code. You can play each class light or dark sided, it's actually pretty in interesting when you play a light sided sith. It feels kind of like... You are empire, but don't have much of a choice, like you grew up there though it may not be what you believe in, it's just what you are.

but Bounty Hunter is fun

Shame we're going there.. Looks like I still have my toons at the other PVE-RP server.. Not eager to relevel again.

I agree... BUT I suppose I could level a character I've not yet done, while I wait for server transfers to be available again...

I dunno... This is NOT F2P.

Not that i expected any different coming from EA... Look at NCSOFT... THAT's true F2P.

Lineage2 and Aion, you can play from the start without having to spend a cent... Both races, all classes, all dungeons, bank access, full chat...

F2P on SW is pretty much 'Single Player - Demo the Story'. Even FLASHPOINTs are limited to 3 per week... Not to mention that youdon't get FULL rewards from Story missions. You do'nt get lockboxes , can't use Companion cunstomization.

Before it was F2P up to lv 15 with ALL features. Now it's F2P up to lv 50 with mínimal feature... They just switched the limitations.

But oh well... No point in complaining.

The objective for F2P was to save the game from running out of players ... It ai'nt gonna do it. F2P wll get boring VERY quickly, after all tehre's a reason why most subs stopped paying for the game and only came back now on F2P... It's going to happen again.

Edited by Chris Peckham

I'm not defending it or their choices of how it was implemented there's some really stupid shit I think should have been included and couldn't agree with you guys more.

I think one of their major issues at the moment is their lack of stuff on the market so they had to figure something out... Give it some time, it will take a bit for them to understand what they need to do during live testing, prices will likely change or features reactivated.

When I get money I will surly play with you guys. But if I can't use fast travel, sprint, or mounts on TATOOINE (of all places) then I am not playing. I don't feel like walking for an hour and a half just to get to my next mission.

Fast travel is available for everyone, but subs have a less cooldown...

Sprint is level 15 for Free players, lvl 1 for Preffered?

mounts are 25 subs are 10...

Fast Travel for F2P is like... 1-3 hours.

Sprint is avaiable at 15 for F2P , Lv1 for Subs/Prefered status.

If mounts are 25 Subs, then it's 35 for F2P.

As for EA tricking people , nah it's EA everyone seen it coming... I just had hopes that EA wouldn't Ffff it up.

They should have followed the example of NCsoft with TRUE F2P like Lineage2 and Aion.

Jesus... Lineage 2 is OLD and it's still FULL of players.You don't have to pay to enjoy the FUN content of the game (Story is good, but there's ALOT MORE TO DO between phase 1 and two of that specific story).

Example: Flashpoints - F2P only recieve full rewards for 3 FP per week...

OPS can't be done... 3 WarZones per week...

No bank... No secure trading... Can only speak on General everyone 1 minute... Can't customize your companions, can't unify clothes colors, can't hide head slot... Only 2 quickbars...

Seriously... There are stupid limitations.

I can agree with paying for new races... Or EXTRA things. But basic thingsl iek interface or features that make the game fun?

Jesus you can only have 1 Crew Skill ... Meaning - Either you gather or you craft or you mission(Treasure hunt,Investigator,Diplomacy).

Basically EA said - Alright! Let's release our F2P model! Which is the SAME as before but backwards.

Let's allow them to go all the way to 50 with Story missions and take take out every single content necessary for progression.

Such as the ability to hunt and craft stuff, accumulate coins for decent PvE or PVP gear... Which reminds me - F2p can't use MOST purple items.

PS: I know i'm ranting but not really i'm just tyring to point out how fail this F2P model is EVEN for EA which is known as the WORST company ever.

Oh well! Least i got GW2 to paly with my GF, she's loving it.

Two thigns i agree... Either make a MMO pay to buy or make it TRULY Free to play and add Cash shop. L2 works... Aion Works... PS2 dind't even release and it will work just fine.

EA has both Subs AND cash shop... And never ever made a single discount on SW XD Greedy bastards.

I beleive that they should have made the FIRST part of the game FULL free - Like... Until update 1.4 content. Like this, new F2P players would still be able to enjoy the game and get a liking to it, then players would have to subscribe to access the newer content.

which would be New zones, new flashpoints, new storyline etc...

But limiting stuff like bank, chat and events is stupid and greedy.

Edited by Chris Peckham

I know right?! XD

Tecnically they are lying there because before 1.5 it was Free to Play*(F2P*) where the* means there are limitations to the features and gameplay.

NOW they took out the * but it has as MUCH limitations as before... They take off the Lv limit and add Features limit.

Funny thing is - ALOT of people syas it's better then F2P before. OF COURSE before you could onl play for up to 15, but atl east you could have 3 Crew Skills, 8-12 characters , ANY races, As much Flashpoints and space missions as you wanted... FULL rewards from Sidequests and story quests... Customize your companions, use the bank... Play as much PVP you wanted... Before you could ACTUALLY ENJOY the game as it was and FEEL like subs for that AWESOEM game. Right now ... "You can only use the most fun features of the game if you pays us bitch! "

EA is Ffffin smart... The say " We re-released our Free to paly model...! Now you can experience the whole story from 1 to lv 50! "

But they made they took our like 80% of the fun in the game to FORCE you into frustration and subscribe for full game... Right now TOR is like playing KOTOR without access to Most force powers and talents XD

Can you imagine playing Kotor where your attributes won't go higher then 14(+2)? XDDD

Will i be playing even though there are so many restrinctions ? Yes i'll, but heed my words... This F2P model won't work for too long... Unless, well the obvious, BIoware and EA fanbois/girlz feed em money.

I'm pretty sure that alot of the new F2P players are more then 50% old players returning and if they stopped subbing the game before, they aren't going to sub it now when they see how F2P is hardly 20% of the game.

They could easily make the game Truly Free to play up to 1.5 , make Legacy a Subscriber features, and the Cartel Market only for aesthetics and boosters. Like this tehre would be MUCH more players happy with their gameplay and willing to spend money to enhance their game with extra content, aesthetics or any other new content coming after 1.6 like i said before: More story arcs, Ops, Warzones, Flashpoints etc.

Edited by Chris Peckham