Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

It's the best MMO I've ever played. Hands down. Story is excellent. Sith/Jedi gets better later on. There's not much to do at the start if you're melee, other than run up and hit people with a glowbat. But it gets better and better as you go. The main draw is the story, by far. The Inquisitor has the longest story arc of 275 hours, I hear. I haven't confirmed that. I have a level 19 Inquisitor Assassin right now. It's pretty awesome.

NEW FROM BIOWARE CONCERNING PRE ORDERS

Hello everyone,

While we've worked closely with our retailers in the launch territories to ensure copies of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ are available from our launch date of December 20th, we understand that for those who’ve pre-ordered there is a concern about getting your copy on time. We’ve heard you want a 'grace period' where you can continue to play without having to enter a final product registration code (AKA 'game code').

We've been listening, and after doing another deep review of our platform infrastructure we're taking action. Today, we're announcing a two day grace period for Star Wars: The Old Republic customers.

This means that everyone who pre-ordered and is in the Early Game Access program has two days beyond December 20th in which to enter their product registration code, which will be found inside the physical Standard and Collector's Editions of the game; for digital editions of the game from Origin.com, the registration code will have been emailed to you after December 16th. After December 22nd 12:01AM EST, you will be required to have a valid payment method and a product registration code registered to your account to continue to play. We strongly recommend that you register your product code as soon as you are able to do so (rather than waiting until the last minute) to ensure a seamless entry into the game, a smooth experience on the account website and to collect any special gifts and items you may be entitled to based on the version of the game you purchased.

We understand that for some, your copy of the game may still arrive after December 21st. Unfortunately we cannot extend the grace period any further. We suggest you contact your retailer to discuss shipping options, if this is a concern.

You may be wondering if your 30 days of game time will be affected by the grace period. The answer is no. If you redeem your product registration code during the grace period, and add a valid payment method to your account, you will begin your billing cycle from then, and you will be entitled to 30 days of game time. If you redeem your product registration code before December 20th, your billing cycle will begin on December 20th at 12:01AM EST (the official launch date and time of the game).

We know this has been an issue for some of you, and we apologize for the concerns. We're looking forward to welcoming all of you to the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Edited by Xoza Tyron

you know.. in WoW.. any single player mission. I could breeze through it solo....

I have finaly found a mission.. where even with my companion, I get WTFpwned, even though I am of the appropriate level for the quest.

WOW.. whoda thunk I'd be so in love with something I cant beat. lol

Right now I'm level 27 (highest level Ordo member, on the imperial side) and I really have to say.. while the story is amazing.. playing melee dps without a tank to support me, BITES. I do have a healer companion, but he's un-geared as yet as I havent used him before. I may have to start using him.

Now to figure out what stats he uses.

It's the best MMO I've ever played. Hands down. Story is excellent. Sith/Jedi gets better later on. There's not much to do at the start if you're melee, other than run up and hit people with a glowbat. But it gets better and better as you go. The main draw is the story, by far. The Inquisitor has the longest story arc of 275 hours, I hear. I haven't confirmed that. I have a level 19 Inquisitor Assassin right now. It's pretty awesome.

I dont believe its the best ever, though I admit it is the best plot / story wise. The combat can be meh at times and the "stylization" choice sorta hurts, especially when they tempt you with a much more realistic looking CG intro, then drop you in disneyland. Its not awful, its just not my favorite. I want the game, but im going to be kicking myself for paying to play multiple single player campaigns because as it is there is almost no end-game content, and end-game content is generally my favorite ;p

BH Mercenary FTW. I didnt try powertech because I dont want to tank (thats what it was presented as) and mercenary was a blasty blast.

Thatll be my main whenever I get TOR (which may now be christmas day, after dropping a few hints to the family when they asked for present ideas :p)

To quote a Blue

"The choice between Merc and PT is not a choice between damage and survivability, if you're not going into the tank or healing spec. If you're rolling a DPS Bounty Hunter, you'll find you do approximately the same DPS as a Merc or PT with roughly the same amount of survivability.

The major difference is range vs mobility. The Merc does most of its damage at 30m. The Powertech does most of its damage at 4-10m. The Merc sacrifices mobility for its range, most of their best attacks are channels or self-rooting attacks with "cast times". Power tech sacrifices range for mobility. Most of their best attacks are instants."

1.... with the recent issues with server pop giving most of us trying to log in a 20 minute or MORE wait before getting in.. do we want to consider moving to a new server? (most on the Sith side are low enough that a movie, isnt going to be utterly devestating like it will be for those over level 30...) OR would we rather sit it out and hope hte population thins out due to the honeymoon period ending or other solo players moving to other servers?

My vote.. is wait it out. BUT please note.. it would be utterly devestating to move to a new character/new server at this time >.>

2.... anyone sith side.. ever need any heroics or instances run. I can probably solo the heroics or instances that anyone else in the guild is eligable for.

3.... to any Sith Warriors (marauders OR juggernauts)... once you get the ex-jedi apprentice of yours... be careful with her. She LOVES charging the mobs on th FAR side of hte room, especialy gold elites, while you are still fighting silver elites she abandons you to. She will die. THEN the golds will come for you before you can heal. My recomendation is stick with your twi'lek slave for her ranged DPS, or your Imperial Captain for his healing. Just.. wish I had geared my Captain up when I got him.

1) Republic Side has 7 players 20+. decided to wait it out, population should balance, none of us have waited longer then 10-20min anyway, good time to do some RL stuff, and the wait time is only during a small time-frame. Keep in mind, the game isn't done, it's an ongoing project still and it's an issue that they'll likely resolve or it will eventually resolve itself, worse case they'll offer to move players/guilds and throw in the character transfer ability. Since early access and the 20th they have opened several more servers and will be opening the EU and AU servers in the coming months, also I believe over the few months they will gradually raise the server cap. It will be bad before it gets good (excluding SoE), this is Bioware's first MMO, and they've already made some promising announcements. It's understandable if you guys would like to move, but I figured it would be best if we stayed on one server 1) so we can kick each other in PvP matches 2) so you don't have to leave the server to switch to other side characters, you leave or switch servers, you could just end up in another waiting list.

Edited by Xoza Tyron

You don't have to 'remake' your character for it to take the name... It just inherits it... OH you didn't make a character with the name Krow huh.. ? Unlocked my Legacy as well, Shadow wasn't available or not acceptable >:| bastards... Took my middle name instead "Arc"

Innnnnnteresting

To date, players have:

• Logged 28 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies, two million times
  • Averaged well over five hours a day playing the game
  • Created more than 3.8 million characters; 510,000 Jedi Knights and 550,000 Sith Warriors
  • Killed more than 2 billion non-player characters in the eight days since Early Game Access began

The devs of this game could really use some insight from "The Jedi Path" book I just got for christmas, there are a lot of abilities and features that would do well in the game, as the book is written shortly after the sith wars started in TOR.

Things like "alter environment" which allowed jedi to use the environment as a weapon. Water turned to waves or ice, ground turned to spikes or mud to cause injury or offbalance.

Plant surge, to root or snare

The fact that sith resorted to alchemical creation of monsters to fight Jedi at one point

Beasts cataloged in the book such as Ysalamiri that create bubbles of space that the force can not touch, ect.

There is actually a lot of information in this that I didnt know previously, and im a huge starwars extended universe fan. Things like Jedi Sentinels, who are the Jedi that solve problems by untraditional means, focusing more on general knowledge as opposed to specific knowledge of the force or combat. Often being tech experts, slicers, carrying a blaster in the event he needs to use one to deal with a situation but maintain undetected as a jedi. Spies and Saboteurs.