Clicky

Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 2/14/09

Introduction

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: All righty.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get started.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: You maaay want to turn off avatars

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:02] Dralkanen Hextall: Hi Dr.nick!

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Before we get started, as usual, I do need everyone to be quiet and only interrupt when given the opportunity.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Out of turn talking will be ignored.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Having said that, let's get started.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Welcome, everyone! Glad you all could come. We've got a few topics to discuss this evening. First off, the weekly report from me:

Imperator's Report

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: We're currently sitting at 221 active members; no unexpected disappearances this week. Three new invites into the main group.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: 19 apps last week.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Of which . .

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: 14 denied

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: One currently sitting in review.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Combat activity is up. Tons of raids this week. Damn good work there, for all of you.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: We had our first joint operation mission with the AN since 2006 a couple days ago.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Which brought back a firm victory against the 39th.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Currently, we're eyeing a few new groups on the combat scene: a Russian military group, called "DTK."

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: RoG has splintered into two groups: Ion, and the roG remnants.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Ion is still based in Zoha, whereas RoG has moved to Angel Haven.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: RoG is closed currently for rebuild.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: As a flurry of IMs noted to me: GR is currently allied with Ion.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Foreign policy is steady. No new incidents to report; Ordo is still clear on all regions, spare Sparta.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Kudos there.

Divisional Reports

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Having said that, let's move on to division reports. Volunteers?

[18:10] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:10] Lestat Umarov: me

[18:11] MikeMurdock McMillan raise a hand

Astra

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin, for Astra.

[18:11] Sosarin Demar: Astra's focus this week has been incorporating new pilots into the fold. I'd like to give a warm welcome to Trevor Russell and SirNick Alonzo. A lot of free time practice took place in addition to training sessions. I would like to thank those who helped to organize those.

[18:11] Sosarin Demar: Decurion Desereck Creeggan has been stirring up some air drill concepts that may become a trend within Astra. Details are on the forum. Essentially, Astra will divvy into two teams to simulate air attacks -- particularly air to air engagements that will not disrupt daily operations.

[18:12] Sosarin Demar: Air support responded adequately during combat. Our efforts will continue to concentrate on getting our newer pilots situated as well as toying with division specific event concepts. That concludes this week's report.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Thank you.

Terra

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat, for Terra.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov: I'd like to start off by saying it's been a bittersweet week for terra. We're down two officers, Jayce Iredell and Soulbinder Wolfstein who are both on an extended leave of absense. I spoke with Legates Xiao recently and found he will likely not be returning for some time do to difficulties irl. During this time I'd like to ask the senior NCO's to step up the game, if you think you can do anything to better terra by all means either bring it up to either myself or whoever's in your chain of command.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: Bad news aside lets move onto the good news.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: Terra training has been happeing daily, with 7 fresh graduates as of last night. I'm impressed with each and everyone one of you, instructors and graduates alike. It's rewarding to see something that started out as a suggestion in full working order. Keep up the good work Instructors. I look forward to seeing more graduates before next weeks meeting.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: Terra training has been happeing daily, with 7 fresh graduates as of last night. I'm impressed with each and everyone one of you, instructors and graduates alike. It's rewarding to see something that started out as a suggestion in full working order. Keep up the good work Instructors. I look forward to seeing more graduates before next weeks meeting.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: On the Academies front, Praetorian Tretiak has been working on advanced mortar tactics for soldiers E-3 and above in Terra. If you're interested in attending read the forum thread for information. Altho I believe the classes are full up at the moment.

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: To report on Antesignani, from Agares: "We're working on our training course and familiarizing all members with equipment and my command style. Things look bright. The Venerator is almost done with testing."

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: On another note we're currently evaluating 3 different tanks, most likely only one of which will be chosen. I don't have any information on which will be so you'll just have to wait and see. That concludes my report for terra.

[18:14] Gulliver Carpool raises his hand.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent, thank you Lestat. To add: we are situating replacements for the two officer's in question. Their presence will be missed, but their legacy will continue. Soulbinder has pledged to return eventually, when life allows.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: In the mean time, Praetorian Agares Tretiak has stepped up to fill the role of Antesegnani CO.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: That has taken some weight off the short-handed staff.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Mikemurdock, adding to Terra?

[18:16] MikeMurdock McMillan: Yes sir.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead.

[18:17] MikeMurdock McMillan: As of now Guardsman Tretiak has appointed me to assist with administrative duties for Astesignani. As of now I gave him some notecards for training ideas and obstacle courses for these training ideas. I also talked to him about leading alpha squad raids in the near future

[18:17] MikeMurdock McMillan: For training I am still scheduling times for how many alpha squad members are on

[18:18] MikeMurdock McMillan: as for raids I'm planning to see for joint operations with astra/navis and other alpha squads. that concludes my report sir.

[18:18] Sekonda Huet raises a hand.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Well spoken.

Navis

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Gulliver, for the boys in Navis?

[18:18] Gulliver Carpool: I have a prepared statement from Ethan on behalf of Navis.

[18:18] Gulliver Carpool: "Navis has the following to report for this week:

Firstly, Thanatos is beta testing is progressing well. While I would have liked to have had it ready for issue today, a problem was found with the rockets. While we're not quite sure what's causing it, the rockets have been reportedly leaving some targets alive after explosion. This, of course, is clearly a problem when it comes to purging heretics, so Syl is looking into it.

Secondly, I've gotten with Sera, and had her install a new Training mode on the Navis firearms. This training mode will allow the Navis firearm line be used on the firing range, so they can be used to qualify for Marksman awards. The only remaining step for the guns is for Tenaki and Sera to get together and get the animations sorted out. After this, they'll be packaged up into the keycard vendor and sent off to Aryte.

[18:19] Gulliver Carpool: "Thirdly, I'm noticing new members begin to trickle into our ranks. This delights me greatly. To those of you who have been putting the word out and sending people our way, I thank you. Those of you who have friends who are interested in Navis but who have questions, feel free to send them my way, or to Keystone. On a related note, I've been considering a new recruitment campaign for Navis. I'll have more on this later, but those of you who are skilled in Photoshop will likely be tapped for the creation of posters and other Navis advertisements."

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further, Mr. Carpool?

Armatura

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Sekonda Huet; Terra, Armatura?

[18:22] Sekonda Huet: I was going to add to Terra for Armatura, we're 7 cadets out this week thanks to two raids. There's been a polciy chang ein which it is now required to be Armatura Graduated if you wish to participate in Alpha Squadrony things. Most Terra will be automatically invited to Armatura but if you aren't please nudge on eo fthe Instructors, me, Endra, Keller, Tandem, Zrazor etc. Thanks to the Imperator for approving two Raids and again thanks to th instructors who have contniued to work. That's me :3

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

Academy/Praetorians

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Any further unit reports this evening?

[18:22] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Agares Tretiak.

[18:22] Agares Tretiak: Thank you, my lord.

[18:23] Agares Tretiak: The Academys are open! I will hold another mortar class wednesday. there are 4 open slots. I will put up the post after the meeting. Sign up if you think you can make it.

[18:24] Agares Tretiak: Also, the RPaetorians would like to offically announce and welcome Syl Kiranov and Intus Infinity into our sacred Brotherhood. e are glad to have them among us.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further?

[18:25] Aelus Janus raises his hand.

[18:26] Agares Tretiak: Oh. uh. No, that's it, my lord.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

Frumentarii

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Janus, of the Frumentarii.

[18:28] Aelus Janus: As most of you are currently aware, there has been a subtle shift of power--You will now come to me with any information you feel is necessary to report. The Frumentarii is watching, always.

[18:28] Aelus Janus: That is all.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: . .

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Hahaha.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Any further reports?

[18:29] Sera Otoro: raises...

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: . . Oh, and Tiridates. Aelus has replaced Intus.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Tiridates can stop IMing me in surprise.

[18:29] Tiridates Mikadze: I know sir.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Sera.

[18:30] Sera Otoro: antesignani... expect the venerator to be out soon... as of now it is currently in the testing stages... myself... agares... and lestat are helping with that...

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Great, thank you.

[18:31] Sera Otoro: that is all...

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: It's an impressive machine, so I'm sure we all look forward to it.

Keynote Discussion

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: All right, on to keynote topics this evening.

Old Topics

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Any old business to bring up?\

[18:32] MikeMurdock McMillan raises hand

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Mike?

[18:33] MikeMurdock McMillan: After some thought I have decided to get my foot into animating to help the minitorium and there need of animators.

[18:34] MikeMurdock McMillan: I am still a novie though ,but I will do my best to get better and help out my fellow ordo in future projects

[18:34] MikeMurdock McMillan: that is all I have to say sir

[18:34] MikeMurdock McMillan: *novice

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks. Any further old business?

[18:35] Dragon Massiel: *Raise hand*

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Dragon.

[18:36] Dragon Massiel: I just want to give a shot out to all those old school people. That got all this started with the AN 2 so many years back. I know we are few but just give your self a pat on the back.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Hah! Yes.

[18:36] Dragon Massiel: cant get much older then that

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: I remember you much taller. And. Still goofy.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Commendable.

New Topics

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Ooon to new business. I'll start.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: First topic.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: I want to take the opportunity to brush up on OIC expectations while you're all my captive audience.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: As anyone who's been in a couple defense ops know, there's the usual cry of "who's OIC?"

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: The term "officer in command" goes a lot further than drawing the short straw to wear the daddy pants for a while. It's a necessary responsibility.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Not only officer level, but, sometimes, NCO.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Any individual, at any time, should be able to ask on com "Who is OIC?" and receive an answer within short accord.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: None too often, that isn't the case. Now, I don't know if we're just our of practice, or folks just don't read.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: It is the reponsibility of the OIC to:

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: a. Command defensive manuevers.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: b. Make critical decisions on visiting personnel. (IE: do we shoot them?)

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: c. Insure the continued security of the base, and answer concerns of present members.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Any laxity immediately hinders our entire operation.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Assuming OIC is simple, after a bit of practice.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Let's assume you're an O-2. Upon logging in, entering the map, going un-afk . . whatever the case may be. It is courtesy that you'd first ask "Who is the OIC?"

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Verify the current commander. Let's say theur Consider . . are they in the heat of command (controlling defense)? Are you planning on sticking around?

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Er.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Verify the current commander. Let's say they're an O-1. Consider . . are they in the heat of command (controlling defense)? Are you planning on sticking around?

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: The most important aspect is being as fluid as possible, while being as visible as possible. Assume command overly, relinquish command overly.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Overtly, rather.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Announce yourself on com and on Ventrilo.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: "Centurion Bob taking over for Optio Joe."

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: "Optio Joe relinquishing command . ."

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: So on and so forth.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Do not assume because you're a superior officer that you're immediately in charge: take command before crossing wires.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Communicate, communicate. Talk to the current commander, don't just shove him or her aside.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Same principle applies for all situations. Let's say no officers are around (or Praetorians).

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Senior NCO can take charge of guard operations.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: In the late hours, hell, it is not uncommon to see an E-7 as ranking.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: It's pretty simple. It just takes a little effort.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Remember: announce, communicate, and cooperate. All there is to it! I know I am guilty sometime myself.

[18:47] Euro Zapatero raises hand.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Euro?

[18:47] Gulliver Carpool raises his hand.

[18:48] Euro Zapatero: I know this isn't possible, but it can. What if there isn't any NCO on, do the E-3 below still have to do the OIC principles?

[18:49] Desereck Creeggan raises hand.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: In an extreme case, yep. Someone is always accountable, always in charge.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: If there's five E-1's and one E-3, that E-3 better own up.

[18:49] Euro Zapatero: Ok, just wondering sir, thank you.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Very welcome.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Gulliver?

[18:51] Gulliver Carpool: I'd just like to add that I've been very frustrated with communication over coms lately. Too often I'll ask who is OIC and I won't even get an "I dunno." This extends to all sorts of other things. Then I look around, and people are bullshitting about all sorts of things. I suppose it's a minor annoyance on my part, but it's indicative of the whole problem, I think.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: It is. But, easily solved.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[18:52] Desereck Creeggan: Wasnt this brought up several months ago about officers not taking OIC roles and causing mayhem?

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Mm'hmm. I like to remind over and over and over. Dragon can attest.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Practice makes perfect.

[18:52] Desereck Creeggan nods,

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions before we move on?

[18:52] Dragon Massiel: Yes Sir!

[18:52] Dragon Massiel: Yes Sir!

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic, then.

[18:53] Scientific Waffle raises hand.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Wait your turn, breakfast. I'm not done!

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: As some of you have noticed, there are threads popping up in the division forums.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: "Standard Policy" threads.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: These are essentially places for the officers to collect up and post all of the folkways and regulations of your individual units-- division specific rules that, although we follow, aren't necessarily always on paper.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: I hope that this will increase understanding and efficiency. Navis, you still need to make one.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: If you see anything that may need to be added, just give your officer's a nudge. They'll take it from there.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: For those interested:

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?showtopic=2073

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Terra's.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: And:

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?showtopic=2076

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Astra's.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:56] Sera Otoro: raises...

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Sera.

[18:57] Gulliver Carpool raises his hand again.

[18:57] Sera Otoro: whilst divisions are in mind, i want to address my concerns of what would be, 'division bashing'.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Hold that thought

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Stay on topic.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Gulliver?

[18:58] Gulliver Carpool: Just wondering what you want out of the Navis SP--being that we're sorta a work in progress.

[18:58] Gulliver Carpool: Just wondering what you want out of the Navis SP--being that we're sorta a work in progress.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Standard operating procedures, weaponry/gear distribution rules.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Stuff like that.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: The general rules you know and follow. Put it on paper.

[18:59] Gulliver Carpool: I'll whip something up.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Sera. You were saying?

[18:59] Sera Otoro: ok.

[19:01] Sera Otoro: now... im not going to point out names or anything... but the fact that our own comrades would even think of this... disgusts me to say the least. ESPECIALLY when this is also being done in front of cadets. we are supposed to be like a family here, treating everyone equal, as it states in the handbook.

[19:02] Sera Otoro: to put this simple, it needs to stop, not not be brought back up again

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: I wouldn't call it necessarily anything major at this point. The distinction is the balance between jest and seriousness. "Hah, Invictus is cooler than Antesegnani!" is fun and all fine.

[19:03] Sera Otoro: we all serve a purpose in the ordo, bashing each other just because theyre in a different division or an alpha squad, its not excuse to do it

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Spraypainting Terra logos on Sosarin's desk. Not so much.

[19:04] Niiya Narayan raises her hand

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: I haven't noticed a large issue in the way of divisional bashing. But, good reminder. Be sure to keep yourself civil. Remember, not everyone takes jokes the same way. Sosarin may cry.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya?

[19:04] Niiya Narayan: i'd like to say that spraypainting anything won't be tollerated, the offending items will be returned and the offenders will be reported to curia. this is a military base, not a ghetto

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: . . That was a joke!

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: No one has spray painted Sosarin.

[19:05] Sekonda Huet: ...Yet.

[19:05] Niiya Narayan: oh >_<

[19:05] Fermi Torok: *cough*

[19:05] satogu Furkel should go grab his cans...

[19:05] Desereck Creeggan hides the spraypaint.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: . . Hahaha.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Shhh.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Shhh.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Focus.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Sera.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic for me:

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Platforms.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: I decided to take a dive off the moon base.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: I saw several.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: I will be flying up there to find them. They will be destroyed. If you have anything on them, it will be destroyed too.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Don't clutter my sky.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Don't give the enemy bases to use.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: That is all!

[19:07] Anlysia Gregoire raises her hand.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Couple more, then on to Waffle.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia, question?

[19:08] Anlysia Gregoire: Sir, what should we do for a designated building area if we're building items that may be distracting and/or noisy? Underneath the classroom is iffy because of training; and using the firing range usually the same because generally training goes directly from the classroom TO the range. I experienced this the other day.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Moonbase.

[19:09] Phillip Hultcrantz rasies hand

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Phillip?

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: No.

[19:09] Anlysia Gregoire: Sir, is there another method to reach the moonbase aside from av-flying or catching a ride with someone?

[19:09] Tiridates Mikadze raises a hand

[19:09] Phillip Hultcrantz: Can I paint your new office?

[19:09] Phillip Hultcrantz: :(

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Not currently.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Tiridates?

[19:11] Tiridates Mikadze: I'd like to say that I think I see a great deal of promise on the horizon. We've picked up our offensive activities, been actively developing new weapons, and refining the Squad system. we have the new Academies coming up, and I would like to thank everyone for their hardwork and dedication in these fields. Thank you so much.

[19:12] Silver Meridoc raises hand

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. I agree, without a doubt.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Hold. Let me finish before further comments or topics.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Only two more topics for me. Next:

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: In tandem with the comment made by Tiridates, I'd like to extend my gratitude to all of the Ordo's instructors. You've been working overtime and really making things turn out quickly here. Thank you for sticking to it. And, thank

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: And lastly from me:

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: A couple days back I posted a regulation on the forums that prohibited the use of more than two firearms at any given time.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: This was to ensure we didn't wind up experiencing any CATI situations with Ordo triple or quad wielding.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Effective immediately, the use of more than one active firearm at any given time is prohibited. For example, you may not use two handguns at the same time. You may, however, utilize an assault rifle while having your handgun inactive (holstered).

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: You may also utilize one firearm and one melee weapon.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[19:19] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[19:19] Desereck Creeggan raises hand.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin?

[19:19] Blameux Scribe raises hand.

[19:20] Sosarin Demar: Just need clarification. Let's say I am using a dual wield pistol/smg package (IE, dual wield fairlight pistols, fairlight/rapture mp5k's). That applies to those as well, yes?

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Yes.

[19:20] Sosarin Demar: So I use only one of those. Thanks.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[19:21] Desereck Creeggan: How exactly could we make it feasable to use both a melee weapon and a firearm? As to my knowledge there is a way to make it so theres one button that fires the gun and another that swings the melee, but also to my knowledge all ordo melee is swung when you fire a weapon. In laggy situations the melee killprim can kill you too.

[19:21] Keller Teichmann raises his hand.

[19:21] Desereck Creeggan: Would there be a way to make the method above? (melee one button, firearm another)

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Invictus SMG uses something to that style already. Yes.

[19:21] Phillip Hultcrantz: A+D

[19:21] Desereck Creeggan: Thats melee on the weapon, Phillip.

[19:22] Phillip Hultcrantz: I know.

[19:22] Desereck Creeggan: I'm talking like powersword and something like the Mp5-k

[19:22] Phillip Hultcrantz: I was suggesting that we modify the melee weapons to use that command

[19:22] Anlysia Gregoire: Sir, may I comment?

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: Wait your turn.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Can be done; Desereck, Phillip.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Blameux?

[19:23] Blameux Scribe: Policy in regards to wearing more then a single melee weapon, sir?

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: . . Within reason.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Haha.

[19:23] Blameux Scribe: So, Duel wristblades=fine?

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Dual wrist thingers, cool. A-ok.

[19:24] Aryte Vesperia: Aye.

[19:24] Aryte Vesperia: Keller?

[19:24] Blameux Scribe nodnodnods.

[19:24] Keller Teichmann: Was answered. D:

[19:24] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia?

[19:25] Anlysia Gregoire: Sir, more of a comment than a question. The issue with firearm + weapon is that it requires a whole different set of animations to be added to the weapon, as well as requiring an unscripted melee weapon. To be honest, it's a lot of overhead for scripter + animator for something that in the end is merely an aesthetic difference. Hence probably why we don't have it more widely available.

[19:26] Aryte Vesperia: Correct. And, most of our weapons have melee attached to them.

[19:26] Aryte Vesperia: Any further questions?

[19:26] Phillip Hultcrantz rasies hand

[19:26] Aryte Vesperia: Phillip.

[19:26] Desereck Creeggan raises hand again.

[19:26] Phillip Hultcrantz: Any idea if there will be a meeting to discuss the new weapons wielding policy?

[19:26] Phillip Hultcrantz: Amongst the upper staff that is..

[19:27] Aryte Vesperia: I didn't intend to. What would the need be?

[19:28] Phillip Hultcrantz: The fairness of the practice. If I may be so bold as to suggest. I like to use my 2 Fairlight pistoles. Single fire alternating trigger mode. I could understand such a policy if we had issues with people running arounda busing weapons, but as it is, we practice weapon controle quite well.

[19:28] Desereck Creeggan puts his hand down, content irrelevant.

[19:29] Phillip Hultcrantz: 2 pistols seems fair in all manner. 2 MG's I can see as abuse, but that is somthing we never see happen amongst our ranks.

[19:29] Jayce Iredell coughs.....

[19:29] Agares Tretiak: ...

[19:29] Aryte Vesperia: Presentation. Easy to claim control, not easy to prove. Running in to the same problem we experienced with the "goto" issue.

[19:29] Phillip Hultcrantz: ..Gunau dosn't count...

[19:30] Jayce Iredell: Seen a few people dual wield light machine guns before.

[19:30] Aryte Vesperia: The rule could be examined again, however.

[19:30] Tiridates Mikadze: Gunau made an avatar with Miniguns attached to every point on his body...

[19:31] Phillip Hultcrantz: Dual LMG's are abuse and easy to spot, but 2 Pistols are not abuse of privilage.

[19:31] Phillip Hultcrantz: Perhaps we can possibly consider writing the policy to not include Pistols, and possibly SMG's to some limit?

[19:31] Aryte Vesperia: Becomes an issue of "how do you classify this as a pistol?" "How fast is too fast for a pistol?" Etc.

[19:31] Aryte Vesperia: But, we'll look at it later. I don't want to bog down this meeting any more than it already is.

[19:32] Phillip Hultcrantz nods

[19:32] Aryte Vesperia: Thankee.

[19:32] Aryte Vesperia: Okay. Opening up to new topics.

[19:32] Aryte Vesperia: I'll take a couple.

[19:32] Silver Meridoc raises hand

[19:32] Scientific Waffle raises hand

[19:32] Aryte Vesperia: Silver.

[19:32] Keller Teichmann raises his hand.

[19:32] Silver Meridoc: let Waffle go first sir, he rose before me earlier, ill go after him

[19:32] Aryte Vesperia: Waffle, then.

[19:33] Scientific Waffle: Just a quick reminder: as many of you may have seen, there is now a weapon display screen in the armory. However, one thing I want to remind people is that I still can't read minds (working on it), so if there are any new weapons issued, or a signifigant visual update to an existing weapon, please contact me so that I can get to updating the system. That is all.

[19:33] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you!

[19:33] Aryte Vesperia: Silver.

[19:34] Silver Meridoc: i just wanted to say tha there has recently been an addition of a literature section to the forum

[19:34] Silver Meridoc: i wish to write a monthly manuscript for ordo, its for those that wish to post poems, short stories, or anything they wish to rite on this tabloid

[19:35] Silver Meridoc: i woint be starting it soon, but id like to see something done in the future, so id like to toss any suggestions to stuff in it and when its finished id post it on the Ordo forms

[19:35] Aryte Vesperia: Oh cool. Thanks.

[19:35] Silver Meridoc: im sure there are many people here who want to do some writing of anything, so im gonna cobble together manuscirpts and writings into a monthly paper

[19:35] Aryte Vesperia: Sounds good.

[19:36] Silver Meridoc: though there will be deadlines for different things like comics, stories, or just info on projects/ideas people want to share

[19:36] Silver Meridoc: thank you sir, anyone wishing to get in touch with me, im me here , on the forums, and we can talk about it

[19:37] Silver Meridoc: i will be giving my e-mail later to those who wish to plan to submit to the first issue which may or may not be for next month, i need to organize time

[19:37] Silver Meridoc: that is all sir

[19:37] Aryte Vesperia: I look forward to it. Thanks.

[19:37] Aryte Vesperia: Keller?

[19:38] Keller Teichmann: Alright. Some have already heard from me about this, and others still have seen me wearing an early version of it. But after hearing some voices about the current armor and its age, I've taken it upon myself to try and put together a new set of armor for Terra, and possibly other branches (I'm not sure about Navis' uniform project, or if Astra has anything similar)... basically just saying this at the meeting, as I want to gather as many opinions as I can on what people would like to see in the new armor.

[19:39] Keller Teichmann: That is pretty much it. If anyone's got any ideas or feedback, feel free to send me an IM or talk to me in vent. :D

[19:39] Jayce Iredell raises a hand... (Additionally)

[19:40] Keller Teichmann promptly goes deaf from the dinging.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: Jayce?

[19:40] Jayce Iredell: I know a few people also are looking into it, atleast in passing conversations both with Niiya and Demo, they mentioned it.

[19:41] Aryte Vesperia: Aye. It's a collective effort. Not assigned to any individual, really.

Promotions

[19:41] Aryte Vesperia: Okay. Going on to promotions. This meeting is super long. Need to wrap up before people die off.

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: After the promotions are announced, it'll be 30 or so minutes until everything is updated.

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: Keep in mind, you may have been recommended, but we are heavily enforcing the minimum time requirements.

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: And, there's always next week.

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: So, never fear!

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: In no order:

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: Tandem Destiny - [E-6]

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: Zrazor Rozenstrauch - [E-6]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Endra Ashbourne - [E-6]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Lunus Ferraris - [E-4]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Fermi Torok - [W-1]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: (Will get with you.)

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck Creeggan - [E-7]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Euro Zapatero - [E-3]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Hunter Graysmark - [E-2]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Karkal Gurbux - [E-2]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Kronus Gaffer - [E-2]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Samia Perun - [E-3]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Melna Milos - [E-2]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Mikael Khalamov - [E-4]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Silver Meridoc - [E-2]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: Sekonda Huet - [E-7]

[19:43] Aryte Vesperia: And that's that for this week. Well done, everyone.

[19:44] Dragon Massiel salutes

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for coming, I really appreciate it!

[19:44] Samia Perun salutes

[19:44] satogu Furkel salutes! "Sieg im Namen der Imperator."

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia draws up his arm, snapping a fist to his chest to provide a salute.

[19:44] Cyphre Iredell salutes!

[19:44] Tandem Destiny salutes,"Heil dem Imperator."

[19:44] Kraa String places his fist on his chest in a salute.

[19:44] Diablos Korobase: *Snaps to attention and salutes* "IMPERATOREM HONORATE, CONFLICATOR LUBIDO SUA"

[19:44] Intus Infinity presents a salute.

[19:44] Agares Tretiak salutes sharply, intoning, "We shall Prevail"

[19:44] Lunus Ferraris salutes! "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiriti Sancti"

[19:44] Karkal Gurbux salutes!

[19:44] Zero Itamae salutes!

[19:44] Endra Ashbourne salutes.

[19:44] Kronus Gaffer stands attention and salutes

[19:44] Heather McKay salutes.

[19:44] Niiya Narayan salutes!

[19:44] Keller Teichmann salutes!

[19:44] Desereck Creeggan presents a sharp, clean salute, "Veneratio quod Palma ut Imperator!"

[19:44] Hokusai Otsuka salutes!

[19:44] Krow Ames salutes!

[19:44] MikeMurdock McMillan salute

[19:44] Dralkanen Hextall: OH GOD

[19:44] Lestat Umarov snaps to attention, delivering a clean salute!

[19:44] Silver Meridoc salutes

[19:44] Mikael Khalamov salutes.

[19:44] FireFox Breed salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

[19:44] Williamca Zenovka Salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

[19:44] Daffee Vita Salutes.

[19:44] Sekonda Huet salutes!

[19:44] Blameux Scribe salutes.

[19:44] Scientific Waffle sallluuutes

[19:44] Desereck Creeggan: ELSPAM

[19:44] Machiavelli Biondetti salutes!

[19:44] Gulliver Carpool salutes

Dismissal

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Dismissed! Spread out. Don't be surprised if I am super spacey with IMs. D:

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Dismissed! Spread out. Don't be surprised if I am super spacey with IMs. D:

[19:44] Euro Zapatero salutes!

[19:44] Anlysia Gregoire salutes! "We march to the Hymns of the Ecclesiarchy!"

[19:44] Tiridates Mikadze salutes crisply.

[19:44] Sekonda Huet shouts: ARYTE I GET YOU FIRST FOR INDUCTION >:O

[19:44] satogu Furkel shouts: happy V-Day all btw

[19:44] Kono Kestenbaum salutes!

[19:44] Desereck Creeggan: GOGOGO

[19:44] satogu Furkel says through com. "Go go go!"

[19:44] Cyphre Iredell: Yes, Happy You're Lonely Day

[19:45] Desereck Creeggan shouts: DAMN YOU DRAGON

[19:45] Sera Otoro: yup, mine was lonely too

[19:45] Blameux Scribe: If anybody would like to do an Armatura phase three, I'd love you forever.

[19:45] Lestat Umarov: >:O

[19:45] Sera Otoro: anyway, night!

[19:45] FireFox Breed: :D

[19:46] Krow Ames: omg hay sos

Thanks to Kono for supplying me a couple logs that I missed in a crash.

Edited by Dascede Aluveaux

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.