Clicky

Kellervo

Killing Floor

This game's one me and Euro have played a few times, back when it was originally a Unreal 2k4 mod.

The basic premise is a zombie survival game, akin to L4D, but angled towards a more defensive game. It's often advisable to make a stand instead of constantly run ala L4D, and the game gives you the tools to make barricades and weld doorways to funnel the enemies into chokepoints.

Rather then facing a horde of uniform zombies, the 'zeds' in KF are broken up into 9 distinct specimens, each of which is more dangerous then the last. Many of them have unique abilities, and despite being cannibalistic monstrosities, work together to make things miserable for you. Alone, you don't stand a chance, and teamwork is the key of the game. Unless you think you can handle 120 zombies all on your lonesome. Ten times over.

The game also includes a leveling system, with 6 different 'perks', each with 6 levels, carried from server to server. This allows you to customize your character and allow them to specialize in certain areas of the game. Support class lets you weld doors faster / stronger, lets you carry more weaponry, and gives you more capacity. Medics can heal faster, Commandos detect hidden 'zeds', Sharpshooters get a 'critical hit' bonus, and Berserkers run faster and can take more damage. Not only that, but each class specializes in a weapon class, allowing you to do even more damage with a certain set of weapons (16 in total).

It's currently on sale on Steam for $14.99, and will be activated in 5 days as of this posting.

Reason I'm posting... does anyone else in Ordo have this? Its cheap, and even in the mod's buggy state, I enjoyed it far more then I enjoyed L4D!

Killing Floor on Steampowered

I bought it. I'm also a sucker for co-op. Let's hope the bugs have been ironed out.

From the looks of things, they've been taken care of. Many of the bugs in the mod come from faulty origins, which rendered the ironsights for all but one of the guns (the bullpup SMG) absolutely pointless, as well as the physics engine, which had a tendency to turn your barricades into giant missiles at random.

That's another thing. The game has NO crosshairs aside from ironsights for certain weapons, so make sure you learn where the center of your screen is!

i got killing floor, but it borkt, i suspect my videocard of shinanigans. SOOOO im taking a radically unnecessary step in buying a radeon 4870 X2. I'm gonna overclock it and water cool it, so it should outproform my 295 hydrocopper. Luckily i still had time to send the other one back. Ill post more details in off topic.

wait kytec you have a 295? o.o I would assume its buggy atm because like the 260 when it came out most things took up to 6 months to have proper fixes >: But you know most people are gonna dislike the fact your buying an AMD/ATI card D: I usually see that card here on tiger for $180 <.<

I was debating on grabbing it because I had the old and pure evil/only card of its series to be labeled worst ati card in existence and never was able to run sl ATI HD 2600 XT