Clicky

Keystone Gray

Left 4 Dead 2

Valve likes tossing curve balls and surprises. They're pretty shifty like that. When they announced L4D 2 I was pretty pissed; when I looked at it, it looked like a L4D1 with new weapon models and added melee weapons. And honestly, a chainsaw in a zombie game? That's cutely original. I was a part of the growing boycott due to my frustration at the growing possibility of having to pay 50 dollars for a booster pack, EA style.

But what if it's not a "as-is" product? What if Valve releases another "box" product packaged with Half-Life Episode 3, Left 4 Dead 2, and another little trinket game? It's a possibility; think they'll do it?

Valve likes tossing curve balls and surprises. They're pretty shifty like that. When they announced L4D 2 I was pretty pissed; when I looked at it, it looked like a L4D1 with new weapon models and added melee weapons. And honestly, a chainsaw in a zombie game? That's cutely original. I was a part of the growing boycott due to my frustration at the growing possibility of having to pay 50 dollars for a booster pack, EA style.

But what if it's not a "as-is" product? What if Valve releases another "box" product packaged with Half-Life Episode 3, Left 4 Dead 2, and another little trinket game? It's a possibility; think they'll do it?

pfft l4d2 is going to be an okay game but the idea of it is rather cheesy... mmm cheese. But I think around the same time seeing it comes shortly after every one is aiming for D3 and SC2, so this must be a way of them trying to pull more sales at the same time because we all know how much richer blizzard will become.

l4d2 is going to suck hardcore.

1) They flaked out MASSIVELY on l4d, a lot of extra content or "fixes" they were supposed to impliment or give us, never came out, so it gives you the thought of

"Is l4d2 going to be any better" or "Will they flake out on this too?"

2) The first l4d was REALLY buggy, and still is. They released it way too soon, but at least put thought into it. The game hasnt been out for a year, and they're already trying to get the sequel out, that either spells lack of committment or lack of confidence in their game(s) [hey its valve we're talking about...].

3) Bugs like corner stacking (yes, thats a bug, they were supposed to make it so the survivors have to be in their own little spot, just like you or I), hunter wall jumping (I stil use it), jesus room on mercy (not sure if they fixed this or not), never got fixed... and they're humongous advantages, so whats to say they'll fix important bugs in the new one?

4) I will give steam/valve some credit here, they made a spectacularly fun game and they did fix A LOT of bugs, but then suddenly stopped all together after the dead air/death toll maps came out for versus. If they took the time and effort to in l4d2 (and simularly like the chainsaw comment) think some more about the content of their game, it may be all worth it.

I know, I'm super necroing this, but it was either necro this or create a new topic with the same name.

For those that haven't had it installed in quite a while, you're missing out. They have actually updated Left 4 Dead 2 to include content from L4D1 (and have updated L4D1 with one or two DLC maps as well), and they are coming out with new DLC content for L4D2 (Free if you have a PC).