Clicky

Aryte

[Ordo] Recruitment Primer/Blurb

I randomly wrote this up for use in any recruitment posters we throw around in NJ and such. Use it however.

>> The Ordo Imperialis

>> Recruitment Primer

The Ordo Imperialis is an organization that pays homage to the Rome of antiquity: unified strength, with a wide-spanning military authority. In a role-play aspect, one can say that the Ordo are crusaders, fighting to bring territory under the umbrella of an imperial rule. Behind the character, members of the Ordo are professional combatants, ever-striving to maintain an enjoyable atmosphere, both internally and externally. Conquering only goes so far as to story: the Ordo seeks to build and uphold other groups out of the belief that a healthy community is one with diverse participants. The Ordo attracts its members, not by forceful subjugation or active, misleading recruitment programs . . . but by promising and demonstrating a complex, respectful, adult organization. To be a member of the Ordo is to be part of a lasting tradition of family, teeming with some of the most intellectual and motivated participants within the community.

Q. How do I join the Ordo Imperialis? Is it difficult to join?

A. To join the group, you must submit an application online at www.ordoimperialis.com. The Ordo has some of the most stringent recruitment standards in the community. It is easy to apply, but not always easy to be accepted. You will typically receive notification on whether or not you were accepted within 48 hours.

Q. What makes the Ordo better than other military groups? Why should I join?

A. The Ordo is not for everyone: not at all. We do not intend to be, nor do we actively recruit people. All of our applications are from individuals who desire to be here, not by individuals we’ve asked to join. The Ordo prides itself on professionalism: some would say we take this a bit too seriously. If you are looking for a group that’s formal, designed for individuals who derive entertainment out of routine, success through practice, and mature accountability, then the Ordo may be “for you.”

Q. How long is the cadet training within Ordo?

A. Training within the Ordo is six phases long. Each phase is designed to take about an average of forty-five minutes. Classes are offered daily, by a large training staff. The training takes only as long as it takes you, as an individual, to sit down and take the course. Our training is not the typical redundancy of many groups—you won’t be running an obstacle course, or performing mundane acts. Instead, you will be educated on our practices, our norms, and our mindset.

Q. Who do I talk to if I have more questions?

A. You have two options. The first would be to register on www.ordoimperialis.com and post your question in the public section of the forums. This will get you in immediate contact with Ordo personnel. Otherwise, you may contact any of the instructors or staff officers within the Ordo itself. Simply visit us in Titan and ask around.

But you, Roman, remember, rule with all your power the peoples of the earth -- these will be your arts: to put your stamp on the works and ways of peace, to spare the defeated, break the proud in war.

Virgil

All that talk of Roman stuff just makes me remember that favorite quote of mine from Aeneid.

Edit:

lol @ kytec

Edited by Sosarin Demar