Clicky

Furry Thor

Ordo Imperialis Morales

Being new the forums and all I still felt compelled to go ahead and create a topic for everyone to be able to voice their opinions.

As everyone in Ordo already knows morales help shape and form a military, regardless of what they be. The set standards, create policies, and overall help keep everyone in line. They set a certain "spirit" within said military and keep everyone focused and proud of what they are doing. Yet, everyone has their own morales in which they follow to a day-to-day basis and probably don't even know that they are. Here's where the topic begins, if you feel certain morales are important to you feel free to post them. All morales are important and who knows, they might take the shape of rules and policies. But might I remind you, keep it on a professional level.

Morality is a curious, sometimes difficult topic to approach. Sometimes, downright selfish and intrinsically defined. To what morality do I confide?

Simply.

"Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil. But I who have seen the nature of the good that it is beautiful and of the bad that it is ugly, and the nature of him who does wrong, that it is akin to me, not [only] of the same blood or seed, but that it participates in [the same] intelligence and [the same] portion of the divinity, I can neither be injured by any of the, for no one can fix on me what is ugly, nor can I be angry with my kinsman, nor hate him. For we are made for cooperation, like feet, like hands, like eyelids, like the rows of upper and lower teeth. To act against one another then is contrary to nature; and it is acting against one another to be vexed and to turn away." Marcus Aurelius - Meditations, Chapter II, Verse 1.

As a Praetorian, I do not actually ascribe myself to any particular moral code, but rather one of ethical thought. The basis of it is as follows (in brief):

- Stoically approach all problems with an open but pragmatic mind.

- Serve with unswerving loyalty and dedication to the best needs of the Ordo and those who serve in the Ordo.

- Remain dependable and able to adapt to the changing nature of our organization.

- Work hard, without aiming for any praise or advancement: if you are deemed capable, it will be by your works and dedication to the task(s) at hand.

- Be truthful in all your dealings with the Imperator, your peers, and your superiors.

- Maintain a detached professionalism.

Though a bit of a simplification, it's essentially what all the dedicated soldier sof the Ordo demonstrate, to some degree or another. And we have many, many dedicated soldiers in the Ordo.