Clicky

Aryte

Idea: Roman Ranks

Change ranks?1  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the ranks to more recognizeable names?

• No, keep it like it is.
    • Yes, change the rank names.

I don't know. I can imagine new names would make things much easier, but I do love the uniqueness these names are giving. It defines as something unique and I like that.

I wouldn't mind too much to see it changed, but I'd prefer the cool names as they are. Sesquiplicarius ain't too hard to spell once you learn to remember it :p

Change is not always a good thing; rather, only when there is purpose. Our current nomenclature works, and it is unique. Why change it? Afterall, we are not a simple copy-paste of a real world military. The Mercz wouldn't dare change their rank nomenclature, either; it is indicative of their theme, as is ours.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We really do not need to replace everything for the sake of replacing it. Seriously. Some things are in place because they work.

I deleted and changed my vote, I realize upcoming academies and such will change the way our group functions for the better. This will probably mean we could see more ranks added to the structure.

This is in particular regards to the promotion requirements, and the upcoming NCO-A (Cough cough, get on it Gunnie.) no longer will being E-4 or higher just be another rank, in the ordo it will mean you worked your ass off and earned your place.