Clicky

Ron Bleac

The Hall of Badassitude

Badass of the Week is a website that pays tribute for badasses ranging from the ye olde days to modern day heroes. From war braves to noble acts in time of peace, the website has a comprehensive list of all men and women that were well and truly badass. Running through a cloud of machinegun fire to save downed comrades? They have it. Saving your neighbour from his house after a plane crashed into it? They got it. How about irradiating yourself for years upon years for the sake of research and science? Yep, they got it too. From snipers to pilots, from firemen to badass surgeons. Trust me, a friend of all things badass won't be disappointed.

A quote from an article made in tribute for a gentleman known as Jack Churchill.

When his training was completed, he took part in the daring amphibiousassault on the German base in Vaagso, Norway. As the leader of Number2 Commando, Churchill was responsible for taking out the artillerybatteries on Maaloy Island. As the landing craft raced towards theirLZ, he belted out "The March of the Cameron Men" on the bagpipes topump up his men and prove to everyone how awesome he was. When theassault ramp swung open, he fearlessly waded through knee-deep waterout at the head of his men, with his trusty blade lofted high in theair, screaming "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!" at the top of his lungs. Two hours later, British High Command received a telegram from thefront:

Maaloy battery and island captured. Casualties slight. Demolitions in progress. Churchill."

If you read the entire article, you'll realize that Churchill, instead of using a firearm, always carried bagpipes and a Scottish broadsword.

The entire article.

Another quote, this time from an article dedicated to Erwin Rommel.

When the Blitzkrieg decided to rock France's collective pants back intothe Stone Age, Erwin Rommel found himself in command of the German 7thPanzer Division. He quickly proved himself to be the most balls-outcommander in the Wehrmacht, as his tanks tore ass head-first across thehedgerows covering something like 100 miles a day, busting through theFrench lines and hitting them from behind with massive large-scaleassaults designed at crippling the enemy's combat capabilities. In thespan of just a few months, he had managed to capture over 10,000 enemysoldier and destroy over 450 tanks while only losing a grand total of42 of his own Panzers. His unit was nicknamed "The Ghost Division" bythe French because it was fast, powerful and threw the awesomestHalloween parties, and Rommel was awarded the Knight's Cross for hissuccesses.

The entire article.

What are you waiting for, grasshopper? Get to it and study the arts of badass

Also, an advertisment for "Badass: The Book", a compilation of articles from the webpage and previously unavailable material.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocYk1aBj3t4&feature=player_embedded

ron, only you can point out stuff like this... :P

Yep, and I like pointing out stuff like this. Soldiering is not only skill and well placed thought, but it's also a lot of power of will and insane, balls to the wall badassery combined with steeled loyalty to a cause. A lot of these guys on the list are my idols, at least I guess you could say so.

Fuck I feel inferior.

Broadsword v MG42. Who'd have thought?

If you read the entire article, which you probably have, you'll notice that Jack Churchill also captured 136 German prisoners in one night with his broadsword. Bad. Ass.

When Rommel arrived in Libya, he was ostensibly under the command of some jerkass Italian General and had strict orders to stay near the port of Tripoli and defend it against any potential attacks by the nearby British 8th Army, which was a fucking bullshit assignment. Well Rommel was like, "fuck that dude I'm fucking Erwin Rommel and I do whatever the fuck I want" and immediately set out to kick some asses.

this.