Clicky

Aryte

Reminder: Click Scripts, etc.

In case anyone is curious about what's the difference between actually REMOVING a script and just disabling it, all scripts (even efficient ones) will eat up a small amount of script time and server memory, even when they're disabled. It may seem minor but it all makes a difference when the sim starts to choke in heavy combat.

In case anyone is curious about what's the difference between actually REMOVING a script and just disabling it, all scripts (even efficient ones) will eat up a small amount of script time and server memory, even when they're disabled. It may seem minor but it all makes a difference when the sim starts to choke in heavy combat.

when you say disabling do you mean unchecking the "running" box? or will doing that allow the script to remain in the object and not take up script time

Is there any trick for wrangling scripts of items that are no mod? Sizing scripts that are in every damned prim of a shoe for example.

If an item is no-modify and has resize scripts, quite often the resize scripts have a self-delete function you can select from the menu. Naturally you will only want to use that on a copy of the item. If there's no delete function (which is pretty rare) then contact the creator and ask for a refund, because it's completely retarded to have resize scripts in your attachments after you've already set them to the correct size.

Also RE: setting a script to not running... don't do that. Delete the scripts.

Just as a curiosity, what about the scripts for the invisiprims in digi legs and such (for the furs)

Why do these need scripts?

An invisiprim script sets the texture. Once set, the texture doesn't need to be changed, it is permanent (unless you fuck up and change it). As such, a script isn't needed. If you have digitigrade legs which still have scripts...i'd recommend removing them, because the builder didn't realize this.

Why do these need scripts?

An invisiprim script sets the texture. Once set, the texture doesn't need to be changed, it is permanent (unless you fuck up and change it). As such, a script isn't needed. If you have digitigrade legs which still have scripts...i'd recommend removing them, because the builder didn't realize this.

thanks for this, i deleted all my invisaprim scripts =3

If an item is no-modify and has resize scripts, quite often the resize scripts have a self-delete function you can select from the menu. Naturally you will only want to use that on a copy of the item. If there's no delete function (which is pretty rare) then contact the creator and ask for a refund, because it's completely retarded to have resize scripts in your attachments after you've already set them to the correct size.

Also RE: setting a script to not running... don't do that. Delete the scripts.

Thanks, Syl. I honestly don't think I've clicked on them since I got them (shoes).