Clicky

Zero Itamae

IEA Staffing Ideas

Best form of staffing.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rather have the instructors divided?

• Specificly by division. 9 instructors for each!
    • Specificly by division. But cut down to 6, and give a few Schola/Armatura instructors to the Ludi.
    • Pool of instructors. The IEA as a single entity, instructors can teach what they want to teach at the time given their experience.

The IEA is growing at an exponential rate, and it's current ways no longer work as effectively. With 3 divisions, and the Ludi having its own subdivisions, 27 magistrates seems a little excessive. Workload wouldn't be exactly fair across the board, so I'll leave this one up to you all. Instead of making a decision that everyone might not like; would you rather consolidate things further, under the idea of the IEA being one division. Or would you rather stay closer to where it currently is, and just either cut down staffing, or stay the course.

As it stands, it is not a bad idea to have just the 6 to each course. In doing that, it would be better and more effective to stop allowing personnel to train in more than one area of the IEA. This would more effectively focus their abilities to the singular task. A person would be a Schola Magister, an Armatura Magister, or a Ludi Magister.

Just as the Ordo has divisions and not just a pool of personnel, so would the IEA in that sense. That would then not restrict someone from being say ... Armatura Magister and Astra Apostle. Someone could effectively do both. (Speaking there for Drasamax's benefit) and on the contrary the up and coming tank training. Division Specific training would be different.

I would agree that a pool of instructors would be better; Having the Magister/instructor being able to teach multiple subjects would make them more versatile, while improving the instructor's own abilities. As I see it, it would also benefit the cadets, or others needing classes. Currently, when you have people coming online at many hours of the day, there's not always a instructor available for the specific class that person needs.

Having an instructor online, that is able to teach any class, would be a big aide to the students.

This may sound like heresy, but I've never quite understood why we don't train all Ordo troops in all fields and let them choose a specialty based on their own specific preference/aptitude. There's no such thing as too much education or over training. It's like how in the USMC, everyone is a rifleman, and in the Navy, everyone's a firefighter. Same goes with officers. The primary requisite of being an officer is leadership/management capability. That's not something that's restricted to the details of a set division. I'm quite positive that any of the Terra officers would perform just as well in Astra, and vice versa.

I'd think having a singular pool would be beneficial, but i believe that people need to be let go if they are not teaching (unless there are for instance like atm, no /few students to teach), for instance if they haven't taught a class in 2 weeks they should be given a warning, and perhaps after a month of not teaching one class (baring having few students to teach, or being on vacation etc) they would be let go

Just to add to what others have already said, I also think that a single pool of instructors that can teach subjects across the board would be a good idea.

As for having a large workload - if you're not prepared to undertake extra work to help the group out, then you shouldn't take a position as an instructor.

The concept, for the pool, as I understand it, Is that instructors would all start out teaching in Schola. As they gain experience, they'd be able to learn and teach courses in Armatura, and the the Ludi. Ludi courses tend to be more technical and specific than the other two training branches, and thus require experienced and capable instructors. Thus, Ludi instructors aree also qualified to teach Armatura and Schola, as well. The only possible exception would be Praetorian Guardsmen who volunteer to teach a specific Ludi course.

Looking at current Armatura activity, if the instructor count gets cut to 6, the three extra people wouldn't be shoved to Ludi but cut outright. Bad thing: Less instructors. Good thing: Active instructors remain.

I have a feeling that massing everyone into one entity to teach whatever would be complete chaos. I won't go into detail, but people would either be

1) Sitting on their ass doing nothing

or

2) Doing everything so others /can/ sit on their asses.

I don't like the odd number 9 instructors, and think it should be flat lined at 10.

2cents.

My two cents say to have a pool for Armatura and Schola, since they are fairly similar and can be almost back-to-back for personnel. As for Ludi, the wide variety of both topics and personnel who will need qualification on their weapons and skill sets should warrant a separate group of more focused teachers.

I mean, I don't think I'm the only one who would look at the list of materials they have to memorize, work with and adapt for all three branches and feel the beginnings of a headache coming on.As for numbers for Ludi, it'd probably have to be figured out once the pipeline of trainees is gauged.

Edited by Zacharias Bardasch