Clicky

Ron Bleac

Tactica Meeting, 11JUNE10

A great big thanks for Dascede Aluveaux for cleaning up and essentially putting together this log. It should be her name in the "Name/Rank/Division" spot.

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Ron Bleac | Initiate | Praetorian Guard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 11 June 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Tactica structure, function.

SUMMARY: Afternoon gathering to set issues straight.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

[16:51] Corsi Mousehold: Wow. Everyone that is online is here and ten minutes early. <3 So proud.

[16:52] Mokosh Pawpad: I just totally nailed the corner of my desk with the very end of my elbow D: The dangers of being a desk-jockey.

[16:52] Ron Bleac: Ouch, that sucks.

[16:52] Mokosh Pawpad: Any news on when VAC is opening back up, Corsi?

[16:53] Mokosh Pawpad: So I can re-do that report.

[16:53] Ron Bleac: From what I hear, it's about 10% done. Corsi may have more accurate information, however.

[16:55] Corsi Mousehold: Talked to Leia a couple days ago. She'll IM me direct once they're back on.

[16:55] Mokosh Pawpad: Awesome, thanks.

Meeting Opener

[17:00] Ron Bleac: First of all, I'd like to thank you all for coming here. You all have my deep appreciation. This is the first Tactica meeting ever, to my knowledge, or at least under my watch. We'll be going through some important topics tonight, so keep your ears open. Questions or suggestions, comments can be presented at any point in time of your choosing. Just lift your hand up and all that jazz, you know the deal. Also, if I lose connection, I'll try to be back shortly.

Restructure

[17:00] Ron Bleac: First topic: Tactica structural changes. This is something that I've been thinking about for a while now. Tactica, as it stands, is overly complicated. We even had Wiki, but we're dumping that in an effort to streamline the process and make information easily accessible. Our forums, will hopefully have a public section added to them. In regards to our internal ranks, those will also be changed completely. No more funny and overtly complicated latin names, if you have suggestions, feel free to step in and speak up! We're most likely looking at even completely repurposing an entire rank.

[17:01] Ron Bleac: Any comments, opinions, questions on that?

[17:01] Huttser Ishelwood raises a paw

[17:01] Ron Bleac: Mr Ishelwood. Go ahead.

[17:02] Huttser Ishelwood: With regards to rank, are we thinking of keeping the same amount? Lessening them? Increasing the amount? And is each rank going to be responsible for differnt things or just ways to differentiate levels of veterancy?

[17:03] Ron Bleac: I'm thinking of adding a rank that would wear an incredibly big hat.

[17:03] Ron Bleac: Seriously though, we have a lot of ranks.

[17:03] Ron Bleac: I may just remove one of them, but assume that Tactica in itself will remain as it is now. That is Corsi as XO, and me as CO.

[17:03] Ron Bleac: We may even be looking at adjutants, but that'll come later once everything kicks off. Right now we're kind of at the end of the runway.

[17:04] Ron Bleac: Each rank will have different responsibilities yes, but each rank will know how to do their basic duties. That is, creating and filing excellent reports.

[17:04] Ron Bleac: Any other questions, comments, notes?

[17:04] Huttser Ishelwood: None from me

[17:05] Ron Bleac: I presume that's all, then. Very well, moving on.

Information Distribution (PR campaign)

[17:06] Ron Bleac: Second topic: I'm sure we're all aware what we're doing here in Tactica, and how important it is. Raids will, in the future I hope, depend mostly on our prowess. It is my dream, and surely that of many others here, to have at least every NCO and every other raid leader aware of the tactical aspects of a target they're attacking. Corsi here, god bless her, is working on a system (as you're probably aware) to work with that. All them fancy folders. Each and every one of your reports, as long as they're up to date, will be put into those folders in a condensed, quick and easy to read form.

[17:06] Corsi Mousehold noddles.

[17:06] Ron Bleac: They're colour coded, and in accordance with the Imperators recent extent of tactical authority with raid leaders.

[17:07] Ron Bleac: The system is still being refined, however. As is everything in Tactica.

[17:07] Ron Bleac: Any suggestions on how we're going to get all this information out to the public, the Ordo in itself? We need a PR campaign, haha.

[17:08] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[17:08] Ron Bleac: Ms Mousehold, if you would please.

[17:08] Ron Bleac: Mrs*

[17:10] Corsi Mousehold: The Tactica folders have been the start of the PR campaign for Tactica. As some if you have noticed people have been already picking up the information inside them. As everyones reports come in I will be adding the condensed versions to the folders with exchanging Sim rules of major note with 'Raid Briefing notes' so a raid commander just needs to read through that and they have the general stuff out of the way.

[17:11] Corsi Mousehold: If you are asked or hear someone mention 'What can we do in whatever base' jjust respond to them 'Get it from the folder'

[17:11] Corsi Mousehold: The more they hear that, the more notice their presense and the more Tactica is getting noticed.

[17:12] Corsi Mousehold: I'll get more into the folders themselves later on.

[17:12] Ron Bleac: Aye.

[17:12] Ron Bleac: Thank you, Mrs Mousehold.

[17:12] Ron Bleac: Questions, comments, suggestions?

[17:14] Ron Bleac looks around.

[17:14] Mokosh Pawpad: None, also back, and I've read up to this point. And would like to make a comment or two.

[17:15] Ron Bleac: Go right ahead, Mr Pawpad.

[17:17] Mokosh Pawpad: Thank you, I agree with the idea of using the folders as a way to make the intel that Tactica has gathered more accessable for raid commanders but would like to suggest they become more and more in-depth without really extending the length of the briefings too much. Basically suggestions on best routes of attack and whatnot like I had added into my quickly defunct report for Vox Aeron. Just, anything that might be useful and give our forces a bit more edge against our enemies. That's all.

[17:17] Huttser Ishelwood raises a paw

[17:18] Ron Bleac: Well said. That is the bane of every intelligence officer in the world today. You need to get the information out to your men, but there's only so much you can put into a report that is supposed to be condensed. However, I do agree with your statement. It would be excellent to have a more strategic approach to everything, which is of course, what we're gunning for.

[17:18] Ron Bleac: Mr Ishelwood, if you would?

[17:21] Huttser Ishelwood: Its more a secndment of what Mr Pawpad said. I used to create similar combatmaps and plans for an online tournament I participated in using the Battlefied series of games. Whilst SL and BF2 are two completly differnt beasts, I do belive the principle in the intel is the same and could prove to be a vital tool to a raid leader who isnt familiar with the sim

[17:21] Huttser Ishelwood: *secondment

[17:22] Ron Bleac: Aye. I am in agreement. Maps are important. If you feel that you have the ability to, I would not be able to bring myself to say no. Maps are always appreciated. However, most reports already have some sorts of maps in them. A cartographer would be cool, however.

[17:22] Radryl Allen raises his hand.

[17:22] Ron Bleac: Mr Allen, go ahead.

[17:22] Mokosh Pawpad also raises a hand.

[17:25] Radryl Allen: I have already been thinking about make maps of they enemy's base , actually it would be a good idea because after studying the whole sim you would be able to create your strategy during the combat , modelate the combat at the map. For example , I had already made a map of CATI sim some weeks ago , I was trying to find some important points like , set a expecific location during the combat , covering your allies and making a total fire pressure like some people shoot and the other one wait for them reload their weapon , so the other group would open fire to keep pushing them back.

[17:25] Ron Bleac: Aye. It's a good idea, maps in general are a good idea.

[17:26] Ron Bleac: Anything that makes the combat soldiers life a bit asier.

[17:26] Ron Bleac: easier, rather.

[17:26] Ron Bleac: Mr Pawpad?

[17:26] Ron Bleac: (After this, I'll hold questions for a moment. Corsi has something to say.)

[17:27] Corsi Mousehold: :)

[17:27] Mokosh Pawpad: Expanding on the idea of maps, I heard something about some sort of program that would allow you to essentially make a sculpt of the visible surfaces of a sim, somewhat like sonar works, might have all been just empty conjecture, but 3D maps of the exterior and terrain of enemy sims would be quite handy. I'll try and look into if it's something that actually exists or not.

[17:28] Ron Bleac: It does exist, if you go to our radar room you can see a similar thing has taken place.

[17:28] Ron Bleac: Mrs Mousehold, if you would?

[17:28] Corsi Mousehold: My part of this is the folders which we hit pn a bit earlier and well a bit of recruiting. The first is of course the folders. Currently they are a myriad of rainbows that you likely have questions on what exactly is what. The six colors are purple for neutral, White for allied. Then there are the raid folders. They are not currently set in stone but are there as a suggestion for Aryte. Him and I are going to be going over them in the near future. As he mentioned in a recent meeting there will be four teirs of allowed targets.

[17:29] Corsi Mousehold: Those are: NCO with officer monitoring (Green), Praepositus allowed targets (Cyan), Officer lead targets (Yellow), and Imperator lead targets (Red). There are also two red folders which are Vanguard and Chaos. Those are blockaded groups. The hover text will show if a base is closed, Under construction, or if they are a member of The Anvil Coilition. If any of you find information, or come across information that needs a change to the folders, please let me know so I can get those changes made. I've already commented aboutwhat is in them, The briefing reports, landmarks and full rules so I won't repeat.

[17:30] Corsi Mousehold: Obviously an officer could still target Cyan and Green ... Pretty basic. Anything about those other than yes I kow I need to make a key that people can actually read?

[17:31] Corsi Mousehold: Questions, ideas, suggestions?

[17:32] Ron Bleac: Woo!

[17:33] Ron Bleac: Go ahead, Mr Pawpawd.

[17:33] Ron Bleac: Pawpad, I mean.

[17:33] Ron Bleac facepalms.

[17:35] Mokosh Pawpad: We had some gigantic map covering the wall where the folders currently are, and essentially had it sectioned off into different geographic areas based on where the military itself is primarily stationed according to SLT/Global time and then having them color coordinated from there. That could assist in having people who are mainly active for European time zones in Ordo be able to find raid targets a little better. And other than looking really cool, would add another level of sorting to the list of targets.

[17:36] Corsi Mousehold: You mean by putting the folder in the area where the group is based out of for the most part?

[17:36] Mokosh Pawpad: Kind of how some world-maps have different time-zones sectioned off on them.

[17:37] Mokosh Pawpad: And then place the folders based on primary zone of activity.

[17:37] Mokosh Pawpad: Like SLAD isn't going to be very active at 12PM SLT, and CS isn't likely to be very active at 3AM SLT

[17:38] Corsi Mousehold: I like the idea of a map behind it but ... Most of the groups are all USA based or Brazil based. So the majority of the folders would be on one side of the map. To embelish on that I could add a relative time zone line to the floating text over each one and put the map behind it anyway. Would definately draw more attention to them

[17:39] Ron Bleac nods.

[17:39] Mokosh Pawpad: That would work too. Or a chart showing 'x' timezone and a list of the militaries that are active from it.

[17:39] Corsi Mousehold: We would end up with ... 2142 over Europe and SLAD over Russia.

[17:39] Corsi Mousehold: Actually thinking about it, 2142 is getting to be open 24-7

[17:40] Ron Bleac: A timezone indicator would be interesting.

[17:40] Ron Bleac: But perhaps that would be for later, seeing as we're still halfway in development.

[17:40] Ron Bleac: However, I have nothing against doing it.

[17:40] Mokosh Pawpad: Wouldn't really be a deciding factor for if we could raid or not, just more data.

[17:40] Ron Bleac nods.

[17:40] Corsi Mousehold: Yes it wouldn't take terribly long so add the line of code to each one as the reports come in.

[17:41] Corsi Mousehold: Or better yet.

[17:41] Ron Bleac: Aye.

[17:41] Corsi Mousehold: Hours of activity

[17:42] Corsi Mousehold: Anything else to add or suggest?

[17:42] Ron Bleac: Nothing from me.

[17:43] Mokosh Pawpad: No ma'am.

[17:43] Huttser Ishelwood: None Ma'am

[17:43] Ron Bleac: Anything else to add before we move on to the last topic of the day?

[17:43] Mokosh Pawpad: Nothing, sir.

Recruiting

[17:43] Corsi Mousehold: Well only other part I wanted to talk about was recruiting.

[17:43] Ron Bleac: That is what we are going to go into, hehe.

[17:43] Corsi Mousehold: Unless a small handful of us want to keep up with ..... dozens of bases, we need more people. So during raids you're on, keep an ear out for people in the team that are making suggestions to the Raid OIC and planning routes. Those are likely canidates for Tactica. Poke them in Ron's direction for applications and we can assimilate them and make them do work too.

[17:44] Ron Bleac: Yes. Make them join us. One of us, one of us.

[17:44] Corsi Mousehold: One of us.

[17:45] Ron Bleac: We really do need some more muscle, more men and women willing to do what we must. So if you have a friend who has tactical brainz, talk to them. Stay on the lookout for what Corsi mentioned, eyes open on raids etc.

[17:45] Ron Bleac: Before I bring the meeting to close, who would like grab the log?

[17:45] Mokosh Pawpad: Mine is regretably full of coms chatter.

[17:46] Ron Bleac: Or shall of us knights here at the table remember what King Arthur haveth said on this day?

[17:46] Mokosh Pawpad: But I can edit it out if need be.

[17:46] Ron Bleac: All of us*

[17:46] Ron Bleac: I'll grab a law log into a notecard.

[17:46] Ron Bleac: Raw, rather.

[17:46] Corsi Mousehold giggles. Yay for meeting logs.

[17:46] Ron Bleac: Are we all done here?

[17:47] Mokosh Pawpad: I think we might be, are we?

[17:47] Ron Bleac: I think so.

[17:47] Corsi Mousehold: I do beleive yes.

[17:47] Corsi Mousehold: OYH

[17:47] Corsi Mousehold: We missed one thing.

[17:47] Ron Bleac: What's that, Mrs Mousehold?

Specific Targets

[17:48] Corsi Mousehold: But it can be sent out as a notice. If you or anyone in Tactica has a specific target you know you are familiar with and want to report on. Speak up.

[17:48] Ron Bleac: Aye.

[17:48] Corsi Mousehold: I took on SK cause .... Well I greatly enjoy driving a tank down thier throats.

[17:49] Mokosh Pawpad: I'd say Valor, but I'd probably get banned on sight.

[17:49] Corsi Mousehold: It's unlikely we will ever go there.

[17:49] Mokosh Pawpad: I know.

[17:50] Corsi Mousehold: But they're not blockaded so ... we might need one eventually. We want to get some of the more important ones done first.

[17:50] Ron Bleac: Well, we'd have to ask Aryte. But personally, I'd rather a report be done on Valor by attaching an automatic camera to a sufficiently large nuclear missile on a crash course with their sim.

[17:51] Ron Bleac: So are we all done?

[17:51] Radryl Allen raises his hand.

[17:51] Ron Bleac: Yes, Mr Allen?

[17:51] Huttser Ishelwood: Nothing fromme

[17:53] Radryl Allen: I know a good variety of people that would help about finding any weak point at the enemy's base , because some of them were able to get into their base without they notice anything wrong. And some of them are pretending to the soldiers of their groups , but they are just taking some information.

[17:54] Mokosh Pawpad: I hate to buzz-kill, but I though Tactica was more about being open with the groups we're observing, and simply coming out and telling them that we're watching.

[17:54] Ron Bleac: Aye. That's how Tactica works, be open and honest about it. We don't do infiltration.

[17:54] Ron Bleac: That's just bad reputation for us.

[17:55] Mokosh Pawpad: Of course, if we're attacking them, always poke around a bit. :D

[17:55] Corsi Mousehold: Generally when I go over if you are open and friendly with the leaders they are open and friendly with you. You talk and chat.

[17:55] Radryl Allen: I see.

[17:55] Corsi Mousehold: I have been talking to the SK leaders, the Cati command, 2142 command obviously, Even VAC

[17:56] Corsi Mousehold: I am friends with all of them. ANd I will shoot every single one of them happily.

[17:56] Corsi Mousehold: Well .... ANd SLAD but that was a bit obvious. The more you're open about it the more likely they'll be to be open with you.

[17:57] Corsi Mousehold: And if they're not polite .... We raid the hell out of them and take pictures on the way.

Meeting Closer

[17:57] Ron Bleac: Well, I guess that's it then.

[17:58] Ron Bleac: You are all dismissed.

[17:58] Ron Bleac salutes, "Pugna quod perussi ebullio cera, tamen ego totus ex ebullio cera."

[17:58] Corsi Mousehold salutes! "FOR THE GLORY OF THE IMPERATOR!"

[17:58] Mokosh Pawpad salutes

[17:58] Radryl Allen salutes! "Ave Imperator"

[17:58] Ron Bleac: Carry on with your every day duties.

I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I appreciate it being made public, since I am now aware of what the colors mean. The color guide that is next to it is helpful but I wasn't aware of what the restrictions of the colors were.

I also like the folders being where we report for the raid briefing. I didn't notice it right away but I really wondered what they were for until I accidently clicked on one. The map really helps to make it visible to someone passing through and bring interest to what it has. The only thing I have to say about it is the Tactica name at the top with the script and color is hard to see from a distance. A darker color with a less script-like font may help it pop out more and bring more attention to it without needing to be advertised too much.

If anything, I'll be sure to point people in the direction to the board and read the reports on my own time to get a better understanding of our opponents. Thank you for your hard work Tactica.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.