Clicky

Kastrenzo Benelli

Most annoying tactics in combat

40 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most annoying thing that people do in combat?

• Shoot through walls/prims
    • Use Extremley spammy or overpowered weaponry
    • Use Overpowered Jetpacks, Diverolls, or other means to fly across the sim
    • Constantly spam infantry with aircraft weapons
    • Seekers, trackers, sensors
    • Huge exlosive weapons, huge bullets
    • Spamming Bullets and Explosives when physics dies. Or otherwise find other means to kill physics
    • Flooding / Grunt rushing
    • Hiding near the spawn and spamming artillery/rockets
    • Other - Specify
    • *new* Auto Melee / Large Melee kill radius

Why is there no option in the poll for "Intentionally/Unintentionally disrupting sim physics"?

Because that's probably one of the biggest flaws in SL combat.

--And I mean as it's own option and not stating it as an additional option tacked on to "spamming bullets/explosives", since that seems to be the case. Also the fact that the option is specifically is calling out 2142 doesn't really appeal to me.

Edited by Scarlet Flaks

Other: People who lonewolf Titan and just hop up and down from behind hills in the red zone, firing little poorly aimed bursts, and then hiding there for five minutes at a time to the point where I'm literally sitting there in an easy chair playing fucking Duck Hunt, except that Duck Hunt would be more exciting.

If you're going to lonewolf Titan, run out and die like a man and stop delaying the inevitable and wasting my time. :angry:

Auto-melee. A pox upon anyone who has ever even considered using one of these stupid things like people are so fucking lazy now they don't want to bother pushing a fucking button to kill somebody in tight quarters and they can't be assed to do more than bump into them to kill them.

Why is there no option in the poll for "Intentionally/Unintentionally disrupting sim physics"?

Because that's probably one of the biggest flaws in SL combat.

--And I mean as it's own option and not stating it as an additional option tacked on to "spamming bullets/explosives", since that seems to be the case. Also the fact that the option is specifically is calling out 2142 doesn't really appeal to me.

I mentioned 2142 because that particular problem has happened quite a few times in our home sim whilst 2142 Was attacking And it's been complained about many times, We even added an objective system to counter it, it was by no means an intention of badmouthing them.

I never really considered Auto Melee, haven't seen it in a while so I forgot about it, I'll make a new category, Huge Melee kill area / Auto melee

Auto-melee. A pox upon anyone who has ever even considered using one of these stupid things like people are so fucking lazy now they don't want to bother pushing a fucking button to kill somebody in tight quarters and they can't be assed to do more than bump into them to kill them.

This is the most annoying combat tactic by far.

I'm not sure if it's a grunt rush or not, but you know those guys who never give up and go home? Three random morons running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawing in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, and then you log off to cook a really nice meal with a friend, eat, have coffee and a drink afterwards, talk about this and that, look at some hilarious YouTube clips, go for a stroll, have a shower afterwards, go back to the computer, log on to Second Life, and those guys are still there, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub...

This was especially irritating on Cabaret Island because there was no cover for me and no cover for them so it'd be bullets flying as soon as they rez and get out of the box. I would be the only defender 90% of the time with perhaps one or two people in a skybox fucking about with their private projects, so it wasn't like I could leave it to someone else to do the fighting... And over and over with the running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub, running into your bullets, respawning in the hub...

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGH!!!

Edited by Mickel Reed

People who jetpack up like 75m in the sky and shoot down at people who are in cover. This makes me rage so fucking hard. If you use a jetpack it should be to travel from one place to another; not turn yourself into a mobile sniper tower.

I know what you're talking about, but usually they don't cause an issue for me. They just remove themselves from all cover, while I still can run around and shoot and they're sitting in the sky. It might be a little bit worse now that I don't have a dodge roll, but I think I'll manage.