Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 11SEP10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-3; Sesquiplicarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 11SEP10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General discussion.

SUMMARY: Usual weekly status quo; raid lead opportunity raised.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:08] Agares Tretiak: [18:01] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia shouts: I have quite a few items to go over. So. Let's rock.

Imperator's Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: > Statistics:

Members: 315

Cadets: 2

Applications

New: 14

Accepted: 6

Denied: 5

Review: 3

Combat

Defensive: 95 (wow, +2 from last week)

Offensive: 7 (less than usual, shame! >:o)

Allied Assist: 3

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: (23 from last week, not 2.)

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: This week has been fairly uneventful in the diplomatic department. It has been quiet on and off the field. We have seen a decline in TAC interactions—somewhat by choice, somewhat by activity. A couple of battles occurred with 2142 and CS early week, otherwise, we have been focusing on unaffiliated groups. There’s no real particular reason. It just seemed to work out that way.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Operation Hammerdown is still ongoing and will continue for the foreseeable future. As such, we will continue placing a focus on the deployment of our air assets.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note: wow, even during school period starting, our activity is through the roof. That is really awesome, guys. Most militaries slow to a halt when school starts. Which reminds me I need to get that fishing thing done. Oops.

Divisional Reports

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports, ja?

[18:04] Keller Teichmann raises his hand, for Terra.

Terra

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Terra, go ahead.

[18:04] Agares Tretiak raises his hand, as well.

[18:04] Keller Teichmann: Fire isn't here, so I cobbled together the reports from each unit. First... From Cohors A;

[18:05] Keller Teichmann: Invictus - "As per the norm: Very high activity in Invictus, school doesn't seem to be a gigantic issue for us. On progress with thinking of a replacement for our aged X-AR9, we've been playing with a few ideas for replacements after getting the survey's back from each member of the squad and analysing them. On another note: We've been pretty hard at work selecting people to fill the vacant spots in our Roster. A warm congratulations our newest though: Kynnaria Merlin. As a general reminder: We've only got one(1) spot left vacant, and we've got a pretty big list of potential fillers for the role, if you think you have what it takes to get into Invictus, then contact either Eriksson Foxtrot or Zanndor Aeon and state your interest! That's all to report this week!"

[18:05] Keller Teichmann: Antesignani - "Bit of a light week training wise. Only one casual training held. Mostly due to a week of bad timing. Everyone seemed to be spread out over the days. Which really isn't a bad thing since that meant we had coverage on the line virtually at all times. We have a few people we are looking at to fill up the last remaining slots on the team and although the week has been slow training wise we are pleased to say that more of the squad has been getting active elsewhere in the Ordo. As of today, out of the nine members of Ante, eight of them are active in more than just the squad. With any luck we might fill the squad in the next couple of weeks."

[18:05] Keller Teichmann: Insidiae - "Insidiae's armor mod was released this week. Other than that, extremely slow week. Blame Starcraft 2."

[18:05] Keller Teichmann: Annnnd from Cohors B - "A great week for Cohors B, activity going up as well as new members being added to Ordo's roster. Century III has lost a CO, though Desereck will be the temporary CO (for those in B-III, Desereck's your temp go-to guy). We'll be looking around for a new CO, probably will have the apps on the forums, so keep an eye out for a command spot :]"

[18:05] Keller Teichmann: That's all I have. c.c;

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Tretiak?

[18:06] Blaze Wiles raises paw

Praetorian Guard

[18:07] Agares Tretiak: The Praetorian Guard has experienced a minor drop in participation, though this was not unanticipated, due to the beginning of classes. A step up in training will begin, when our streamlined infantry doctrine is finished. Otherwise, things have been quiet and we look forward to receiving our armor soon.

[18:07] Agares Tretiak: That's about it.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Wiles?

Astra

[18:08] Blaze Wiles: It's been a slow week in astra, we're definatly starting to feel the pinch of school starting up once more, but Training has been progressing at a steady pace, I'd like to thank Lysander for holding a session yesterday and to all those who turned up for it. Also to those who deploied to provide air cover for Mercz earlier this week.

[18:08] Blaze Wiles: We're made some progress with the Small bomb unit, but we are still in need of a texturer for the project, as well as a builder/Sculpter for several other projects, namely a replacement airframe for the Predator and the assult dropship project.

[18:08] Blaze Wiles: I apologise for the relitive inactivity of the apostles of late, IRL has been the bane of my existance as well of late, but fear not I have not forgot about those who are interested and will be contacting them soon. That ends Astra's report for this week.

[18:09] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

Tactica

[18:09] Corsi Mousehold shouts: For Tactica: Starting things off from Tactica, New Military hitting the grid named Accep. Amazingly enough they are open for combat! At the time of writing this report we have not engaged in combat with them. They are located in the sim SmallVille and have been added to the Tactica board in the Radar room. No we did not get this information from a tall guy dressed in primary colors. Sturmkorps have reopened again and our first assault onto thier base provided an abundance of information about tactics of assaulting their homeland. We have new reports in the folders and ... actually that's about it. If anyone would be interested in joining Tactica, we do have a great amount of work we have left to do and slots to fill. Contact myself, Huttser Ishelwood, or Kyra Vixen. This concludes the report for Tactica.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Movin' on.

Keynote Topics

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: > Disembodied Update

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Right on schedule, Disembodied has completed the Insidiae mod. That leaves the Guard and Apostles for variants. The Guard’s is currently under work—he expects to be done with it pretty quick. After which, the Apostles will be granted a special flight suit and headgear.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Some talk has been passed around that the officers should receive a variant of their own. I will look into that and see what we can come up with.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: After the Apostle mod, however, we are going to look at doin’ either the heavy project (mech, etc), or going back to add some miscellaneous stuff for the main set of the UCA—such as a normal helmet and the different boots for digi.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Also he plays Zerg on SC2.

[18:12] Disembodied Hand: jealous.

[18:12] Krin Redgrave: what a baddie

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: MMmm.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: > Raid Lead Opportunity

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: A couple days ago I posted a thread up, offering folks the opportunity to volunteer for raid leadership practice. The basic expectation is to be at least an NCO to participate.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: I will stop taking volunteers as of Sunday, so head on over and throw your name in the box if you’re interested in giving it a try.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: What volunteers can expect is this:

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: A series of elimination practices until no more then five candidates remain. After which, I will run the candidates through both classroom and live fire practices until I feel confident that they are strong raid leaders. By statute, at the rank [E-5], an NCO can begin volunteering to lead raids—that will remain, of course, but the purpose of the course is to empower folks to want to use that power.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: What I see a lot of is: 30+ folks on base waiting for action, but no raid leaders (or folks confident enough to lead raids) available to take out a force. Raid leadership is challenging, to be sure, so I am looking to build a large pool of folks who’re entirely prepared for that challenge.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: After this first round of tutoring, I will open a second round.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note to that—several folks have inquired about more armor courses. I will see to it! Sorry about the delay.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:14] Marc Gravois raises paw

[18:14] Mark Karlfeldt raises hand

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: . . haha. Marc and Mark.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Marc?

[18:15] Disembodied Hand raises self

[18:15] Marc Gravois: is it still possible for those of an NCO rank to lead a raid on an NCO target, without being an "official" raid leader, as long as everything ok's with you

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: It is. This isn't so much of . . "making you official," it's "teachin' how to do it if you wanna."

[18:16] Marc Gravois: if i may continue?

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Yes?

[18:18] Marc Gravois: why then limit the class to those who pass through a trial of fire, its understandable that having a raid leader who can kill stuff is good, but might exclude those who run on slower computers, but are very good and willing leaders

[18:18] Lyle Watanabe raises the dead

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Because the trial of fire is related to leadership, not your computer's speed. And, I don't have the time of day to teach all fifty volunteers. Batches of five is manageable.

[18:18] Marc Gravois: alright, thank you

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Mark?

[18:19] Mark Karlfeldt shouts: Where's the thread at. I can't find it. >:|

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: IEA main thread.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: . . which I am pretty sure you can all see.

[18:19] Lysander Serrari raises hand

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Cool beans.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Disembodied.

[18:21] Disembodied Hand: Will this oppertunity remain open for those who will be NCO's after the acception date? (sunday you said?)

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: I will continue teaching batches, yes.

[18:21] Disembodied Hand: ty

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Lyle, did you have a question?

[18:22] Lyle Watanabe: No sir everyone was raising something and I felt like being obnoxious

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: I see.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Last question, then. Lysander?

[18:23] Lysander Serrari: Is their a possibility if not many volunteers put there names forward or another reason, that the rank requirement of E-5 will drop, or will it definatley be E-5?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Scroll two posts down.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Someone begged for E-4 and I relented.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Then Acheron failed to ask for E-3.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: > All command positions invited to a dialog on Sunday, 4:00 PM SLT.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Tomorrow I am going to continue the “Aryte teachin’ stuff” tradition when he'd rather be sleeping. At 4:00 I will be hosting a little discussion for all command positions—XOs, COs, flight leads, cohors leads . . . all invited! We will be going over effective command practices, and maintaining order.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: It’ll be a formal dialog, so dress accordingly.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: > Dun bother the builders.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Per request of Munitorum: leave them alone. As in . . do not go up to the new build and ramp vehicles off the tops of the buildings, or leave clutter for the builders to deal with.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Nikki has my permission to grief you with admin powers if you bother her. Like freeze you and play hockey off the sim border (I love doing that to Kastrenzo).

[18:26] Nikki4 Aquitaine shouts: :>

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: > OIC

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Just a little remiiindeeer. Please make all efforts to keep the power of OIC in the hands of NCO+. Preferably an officer with an NCO (or enlisted) as SoG.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Although I totally think my Numerii are cool and have a good head on their shoulders, it's definitely a better idea that . . y'know, the old folks in their veteran wheelchairs take it.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Awesomecakes. Thanks.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: > Legates Change-Ups

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: As you are all aware of at this point (or should be), Firefox Breed was appointed the ranking Terra officer, Legates, a couple weeks ago.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: At this time, Astra's command is about to make the same shift. Sosarin Demar has been in the process of retiring for some months now, diligently staying on task to help Astra refine itself while the officer cadre situated.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Within the next couple of days, Sosarin Demar will be trading in his Nemesis for his retiree golfclubs. I will be holding the command role in Astra until an officer is groomed for the spot.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin Demar's time in service is one that has been marked with huge successess. He redesigned Astra when he was an E-2. His active participation will be missed, but, his presence will go on in an advisory role.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: The Praetorian Guard (happy birthday Kytec) will also be seeing a shift in command. Mr. Switchblade has made the difficult decision to step back in order to focus on his career off SL. He will continue his service as a Praetorian, but has signaled his desire to be replaced as Praefectus.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Agares Tretiak has been tapped as his immediate successor and will assume Praefectus status, effective immediately.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations, Prafectus Tretiak.

[18:34] Ron Bleac claps.

[18:34] Corsi Mousehold applauds.

[18:34] Typhon Perun golf claps.

[18:34] Achtai Coronet claps!

[18:34] Arokh Takakura bangs his standard in applause.

[18:34] Vinnie Lei hi5!'s

[18:34] Dascede Aluveaux applauds as wells.

[18:34] Dascede Aluveaux: well*

[18:34] Maverick Garfield applauds

[18:34] Fox Cheri applauds

[18:34] Lanny Ansar flails. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" dons football helmet.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Yaaay.

[18:35] Steeltael Lykin applauds rigerously

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: > Group Photo / Celebration

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: (Moving on.)

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: I'm kind of a sadist. In the sense that group photographs as of late have been used to terrorize other militaries as a "omg about to be attacked."

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: SO~ next Saturday. Right after the meeting.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: We're having our group photo for the year.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: We will be doing it in unit mix-- with all our new pretty gear. Officers lined up in attire coats, units in specific gear, flight suits, etc.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: SO GET THOSE FIT IF YOU HAVEN'T YET. 7 day notice!

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: We will also use the opportunity to celebrate promotions and have a little tech demo.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Our last group photo had /72/ participants.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Aaand last topic from me:

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: > September 11th

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: We're an international group. But I'm an American. And we've got a lot of military folks here. And, surprisingly, several folks who were directly effected by the tragedy. . I typically shy from making anything that could be politically charged as for a comment. Whatever your beliefs may be, or whatever your gripes may be about America following the event on this day in 2001. Today's just one of those days.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: I am calling a cease fire for the evening in honor of the 11th. You're all welcome to train and all that. I'll be around. But we'll get back to shootin' folks tomorrow.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Any of ya'll who care to, feel free to join me in my office after the meeting to gab about the 11th. It'll be nonpolitical. Just a "where were you" kind of remembrance thing.

[18:46] Ron Bleac shouts: It is with great pleasure that I can announce another campaign against The Anvil Coalition: For the next week, in addition to Operation Blacksmith and Hammerdown, we wiill embark upon another great crusade. In co-ordination with our Merczateer comrades, we will assault a select number of key targets at once. Air, infantry, tank and artillery assets will be utilized to full effect. We will be striking on a broad front, so I need everyone to be on their best game this coming week. They think of us as weak and complacent, we aren't such. We will show them the full might of our ground and air forces at once, and show them that an Irom Symphony soldier can take down ten of them. We are a quality force, and will continue to represent our ideology and influence the way the community works, by abiding to the doctrine laid out in the core of the Iron Symphony, and our own combat doctrine

[18:46] Ron Bleac shouts: I will personally be there to command most of the raids, and I will grab the assistance of a few officers to fullfill our mission. Yes, there will be lots of fixing bayonets and charging. My goal is to fill the horizon with waves of bombers, and watch the constant advance of iron spearheads formed by our armor, to be followed by the crashing waves of our infantry! Naturally, in moderation. Despite the black outlook, our goal and their goal is to have fun. We will provide them with that fun in a manner which pleases all. I am not seeking severe political repercussions. We will only assault targets that have the capability to respond in kind, and are available for some large scale fun battles.

[18:47] Ron Bleac shouts: The tip of the spear, gentlemen! Let us bury that spear into someone's side. Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A merciless, bloody war. But a fun and fair war, with pink pillows and pyjama parties!

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Rofl.

[18:47] Ron Bleac shouts: Oh, and the name of the operation?

[18:47] Ron Bleac shouts: Operation Bundle of Lovely Cute Kittens.

Meeting Closer

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions'll be posted by tomorrow morning. Feel free to drop me extra (or PRFS) until midnight.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Best wishes and have a great night. Thank you for a good meeting.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:45] Ron Bleac raises hand.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Edited by Dascede Aluveaux

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.