Clicky

Lanny Ansar

My recruitment - In Detail

Well, here it goes.

Hi guys. I'm Lanny. Currently an E-3 in Astra, still working on Armatura and finding time to log on so i can smash through my training. I was previously in Terra B-II, before i had realized one day after a large-scale battle involving some aircraft and armor, that Astra was rather short on Pilots. So i pulled a few strings, and made a bit of a swap. I enlisted sometime around May of this year, because i had seen that a buddy of mine from some past CCS and Osiris Sims was hangin' around on Titan, and had the Ordo Imperialis picks on his profile. I asked some questions, he told me to pop over for a visit (Probably got some scowls then because of my giant assortment of MTG gear and my Breach SCAR on my chest), and after a while, i decided to pop in an app, along with two people vouching for me. (I won't give out names unless those two decide they wanna hop up and post here.) Around this time was the giant Scandal with Aryte getting bogus lindens handed to him and LL handing him a temporary boot, so for a couple of weeks, i was stuck as a cadet. Schola was pretty sweet, since i got through all but maybe 1 or 2 classes in about a day (Thanks to Drasamax and Corsi, i believe.) and was officially suited up and ready to go in time for Aryte to return.

I've had quite a bit of fun so-far in my time at Ordo. You all over vent can be pretty rediculous at times, and some of the offenses and defenses have been a blast. (I admit, some tend to piss me off due to asshole sim tricks and obsessive lag, but hey, that's SL.)

Some background info:

Before the Ordo, i used to hang around ALOT at a few places. Mainly it involved CCS sims, with maybe one OSIRIS sim. It was there that i had learned quite a bit about SL combat, how physics work, etc etc. I was also taught how to fight in CCS there, and had gotten to a point to where i was capable of outlasting level 40-ish avatars as a level 15 in the system. It was also there that i met a specific Lycan that had just got into town. After a while, i had begun to teach him a wee bit about SL gunfighting, although he was a bit...sluggish. I could always beat him down, whether he had a Handgun, or an MGL. It's probably the reason why he had also vouched for me when he mostly abandoned that av and made his newer "Legit" av for Ordo. He also introduced me to Huttser, back when we all hung around at Jigsaw Lands.

Live Fire Schola test: was amazing. Most likely because i had managed to get Ron on my team, which turned out to be a dramatic tactical advantage. I had also learned that day that the term "Tactical combat" did not apply with the LL damage system, so i've begun to adapt to my old "Quake III Arena" style of combat. Although i do recall getting a compliment from Ron that day about my use of Cover and making it really tough to peg me behind sandbags.

Oxerall, you guys are awesome. I may be like a freakin' Unicorn in the Human / Furry ratio, but i still feel as if i fit in with the group.

(P.S, don't those tails make it easier for people to shoot at you? >_>)

My tail tends to draw fire. Or something about my avatar. Maybe it's my bright orange appearance, my glow-in-the-dark glasses, my tendency to put a LOT of fire downrange, or maybe just the fact I stand still a lot on high places. I dunno. I'm a bullet magnet. It doesn't seem to matter what game it is, I always tend to draw fire.

Of course, that can be a huge tactical advantage. Because the more the enemy shoot at me, the less they shoot at, say, Ron. And we all know what happens when people forget to shoot at Ron...

:plot:

And yea, I made the reflection about "tactical" and SL combat too. Although I feel most FPS games lack sorely in the tactical department. In fact, the Operation Flashpoint family is the only really tactical shooter I've played. (Then again I haven't played all that many shooters, always being limited by my low-end systems.)

People still ask me how I managed to single-handedly take down a whole platoon of USMC with just a hunting rifle in VBS1 and I still have no idea. I tell them Tyr guided my hand.

Anyway, good to have you with us. It seems everyone and their grandmother is more experienced with the SL combat community than I am.