Clicky

Drasamax Python

Script Time and how to De-script Objects Easily

Here in the Ordo we like to keep our script time as low as possible to reduce any unneeded issues with the SIM lagging or being slow and what not. How does one help reduce script time? Its quite simple remove all unneeded scripts from your avatar. When you are at Titan you are here for combat or whatever your role may be within Ordo. You really don’t need to have clickable scripts in your nose, ears, tail or wherever you have them. They are not necessary for use in combat or Ordo functions. Do you really need those resize scripts, color changing scripts, ear/tail movement or jaw talk scripts? No you shouldn’t you can easily resize to change the color yourself in edit mode and I’d doubt anyone would notice the difference if you took them out.

Some people may have already de-scripted their avatar of unneeded scripts but there may be some who have not because they are not familiar with how to figure out how many scripts they do have and what prims/sculpties they are in. Well there is a simple way to figure out how many scripts are on your avatar.

If you use a third party client such as Phoenix Viewer if you right click on yourself you can find something called “S. Count” in the menu. This will count the scripts on your avatar. But make sure you didn’t count just the scripts in one attachment on yourself, works best to right click on your default body not attachment.

If you do not have this feature you can always ask someone who does to count your avatar scripts for you.

Scount.png

EX:

[17:17] Counting scripts. Please wait.

[17:17] Counted scripts from 26 attachments on Drasamax Python: 28

Okay, so we counted our scripts total on our avatar and lets say it was a lot of scripts about 100 of them. Now your probably wondering wow were are all these scripts at? Well to figure that out start counting scripts in each of your attachments with the “S. Count” feature. You may happen to find many scripts in your hair, ears, tail, feet, hands etc. But since we counted we know what attachment has scripts and what attachment doesn’t.

Scount2.png

So How do I know what prim/sculpt the script is in on that attachment? Well you could go into edit mode select edit linked parts open content tab and click around on each prim/sculpt till a script pops up so you can delete it or you can make it much easier than trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Rez your object on the ground that you want to un-script. Then go to your view menu and click on Beacons. Check “Scripted Objects“, make sure “Physical Objects” and “Render Highlights” is checked as well.

Scount3.png

Now unlink your object, you should now be able to see parts of the object highlighted in a red color. These parts are parts that have scripts so go into edit mode go to content and delete the script till all red highlights are gone in your object. Yay, your object should now be de-scripted of unheeded scripts. Don’t forget to turn “Scripted” Objects” back off and re-link your object.

Scount4.png

Keep in mind its good idea to make a unscripted outfit folder for your ordo stuff and label them so you don’t end up putting on scripted copies again.

P.S. "S. Count" does not count your HUD scripts. You will have to S. Count each HUD by right clicking them then adding on to your total avatar script count.

It's also been my experience that this does not work all the time when removing scripts. Yes it will get most of them, but is not a guarantee it will remove all of them. The problem with this is that it only shows active scripts. If the object has a inactive script in it, it won't show about 3 out of 10 times. Here is a easier way to remove them.

With the item selected do the following.

Tools -> Remove Scripts in Selection

IE this is the short short version of the above even the non-builder can understand. And it will remove inactive as well as active scripts.

I have a script that will delete all the scripts in an object. it's just kinda of bitchy to use ;c

That thing puts a script into EVERY prim on whatever you're trying to delete, and then deletes itself + all of the scripts it made.

Unfortunately, it has a chance of malfunctioning and placing all the scripts in it, while not deleting them. This happened to me and my script time hit like, 2ms. The "Remove all scripts in Selected Object" works much better and way more reliably.

That thing puts a script into EVERY prim on whatever you're trying to delete, and then deletes itself + all of the scripts it made.

Unfortunately, it has a chance of malfunctioning and placing all the scripts in it, while not deleting them. This happened to me and my script time hit like, 2ms. The "Remove all scripts in Selected Object" works much better and way more reliably.

D; oh noes! When did they add that option in the 'Tools" menu? D; I don't remember it being there o.o;

I made a guide on an easy way to remove scripts a while back.

You can find it HERE.

Regardless of how you remove scripts, always make a copy of the item first.

I made a post along these lines a while ago.

What I do is I make a copy and add "(Scriptlesss)" to the object name.

Ex: "Fox Tail male (Scriptless)"

Edited by Tsume Xiao