Cyphre Iredell

Planetside 2

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preferred faction?

• Terran Republic
    • New Conglomerate
    • Vanu Sovereignty

I know next to nothing about this game.

What I do know is I like the sound of the TR.

I didn't know anything either and I'm still getting it down. You discover things about what you're pretty good at. I've found so far I'm good at luring aircraft off targets and sending them on a chase, getting the fighter down... I'm pretty good at sneaking up on people and being in the right place at the right and wrong time and I can dodge fire with a 4wheeler... maybe I should unlock infiltrator stuff instead of medic stuff...

I know next to nothing about this game.

What I do know is I like the sound of the TR.

all you need to know is that its massive combat that requires not only squad-level tactics, but will increasingly need higher-tier level tactics as well. Right now its a single continent that is fought over but eventually it will be several.

Consider it a mix between ARMA and Battlefield level tactics and strategy. It is entirely dependent on the force at your disposal. Currently we operate in a squad sized group that leans more towards an "organized battlefield" style but it is possible to have multiple platoons in operation under one unified command (that's close on 100 people for two full platoons), they are a sight to see.

The team dynamics are this: You can form a squad, then form two or more squads together into a platoon. I don't know if it gets bigger from there, but there's loads of tactical options. If you had a squad of light assault, you could send them to a cliff overlooking a base, and have them jetpack down into the base from it's "unattackable" side. If that's even a word.

largest I know of is 4 squad for platoon, which is 12 per squad (right? i dunno, its been a while since i logged in)

@krow "they can flank well" would have been better ;p

@agares: heres a basic breakdown of what to expect from equipment. high emphasis on "can be customized"

Classes:

Light assault: - medium armor jet pack equipped light assault with carbine

Infiltrator - light armor sniper that can go invisible

Medic - Medium armor, can heal, basic assault rifle.

Engineer - medium armor, repairs vehicles and MAX units, can deploy ammo packs and turrets and mines and c4 ect, uses carbine

Heavy Assault - Medium armor with a heavy shield that can be activated, LMG, Rocket launcher, able to deploy squad beacon, the main work-horse

MAX unit - a mechanized heavy armor power-armor. 2 heavy weapons available, one on each arm, starts with chain gun and grenade launcher for TR. Has a sprint ability, and can unlock other abilities (screen shots suggest return of jet packs for these things with unlock)

each class can be suited for any purpose with proper unlocked weapons or certifications into certain things such as suit modifications ect. Though obviously some will do better than others.

Vehicles consist of:

FLASH - a single passenger quad to get you from point a to point b more discretely than air travel. it can also mount a single weapon on the front for very small attack potential. you are still unprotected while driving

SUNDERER - mobile APC with 2 top guns and tons of armor. 16 total? maybe 12? iforget. a lot.

LIGHTING - very fast light tank, 6 round magazines. single passenger.

PROWLER - the TR heavy tank, double barreled for faster firing this beast is able to deploy into a stationary ultra-fast reload artillery point for totally Ffffing shit up. also can hold one top gunner

GALAXY - the primarily used air transport, it can get you and your squad from place to place very fast but also calls attention to itself because of its size. Often under fire the galaxy has 4 gunner spots to fend off air and ground attacks and is able to hold an entire squad, as well as deploy into a mobile spawn point and ammo station

MOSQUITO - the TR air superiority vehicle, single pilot and faster than any other air it default comes with afterburners and a chain gun on the front, can unlock dumb-fire AT missile vollies (16 rockets per volley) or lock on anti air missiles for air superiority

LIBERATOR - 3 man bomber. Pilot can control a helmet-guided (can look around and fire, not just straight fire) chain gun on the front to clear out infantry while hovering as well as its bomber crew of what amounts to a 10 magazine capacity howitzer and tail gunner.

like the classes, all vehicles can be fitted to serve a difference purpose. Each weapon can be swapped out for a different one. For instance the chain gun on the liberator for pilot can be swapped out for a tank-buster auto-cannon and the howitzer can be swapped out for quad-chain guns to Ffff up light armor and infantry. Or tanks can put AA turrets on their main cannons to defend air from the ground.

Your right Dis, it's 12 per Squad. 4 squads per platoon and an unlimited amount of members to an outfit. Using the various levels of organization, including unlockable command channels, selectable way point and objective mechanics (once those certs are implemented) the size of your combat force is merely limited by the numbers of personnel you have.

As for transports, both the Sunderer and the Galaxy have the ability to load a default of ten personnel, two of which can be MAX suits. This capacity can be increased to twelve on both transports via certifications (unlocked by default in the beta).