Clicky

Gunau Sodwind

Profile and Avatar Decency standards

So i wont' lie, i havnt' read the new handbook, but i would like to throw this idea out there. I know we have alot of sexual deviants in the Ordo, but sometimes, even i , the great destroyer, get bothered by some of the shit that is in members of this very group's profiles.

I do move to have a decency clause or section put into the handbook. I'm not talking about swearing or stupid shit like that, i'm talking about blatent sexual references.

Things that i think should be excluded from the standards (aka what you may have):

-Your sexual preference (for some reason every one needs to know so we don't accidentally have sex with you)

-Your relationship etc

-silly shit like "LOL I LOVE GUNAU >:D "

The purpose of these standards is not to kill creativity or your fun.

Things that must be removed (or hidden) to preserve an external professional image:

-Dick size

-Yiff related groups

-Sexual related groups (Human sluts for furry whores or what the hell ever)

The reason i brought this up, is that it is unbecoming of an officer or a NCO to have such things when we are allways trying to promote a professional atmosphere.

I shouldn't have to say this, but i will since we have so many new people, Do not scream fursecution on this thread. This is directed at "humans" as much as

"furries"

Keep in mind all the above is not policy but my opinion. Please feel free to post your critisisim or things you would like to add to the two lists.

It is not a personal moral issue, it is a matter of our external image. We allready have the reputation of being the furry purry yiff army.

Hiding things or removing them entirely could only help our image. Keep in mind, this is a social group. we have to be respected by our peers. To not have that respect simply leads to drama which lends itself to less shooting and killing and more bawwing.

As for "looking back at me" i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Thusely i won't adress it.

The most important thing to realize from this idea, is that something like it WILL be put in place in the near future at the company level, and possibly ordo wide.

This is not a personal attack on any one, just a simple attempt to professionalize our image.

Again, i don't think it is. Reguardless, giving your consent to abide by group rules also implicitly states that you are going to behave a certain way. While normally i am all about freedom of expression, we are talking about our Image. Besides, if hiding a group called "Tailfucking sluts" is such a big deal and will cause you to not be able to have fun on second life, well...i'm not sure what to say.

It's all about the image and the idea that, in one way or another, this is a "millitary" group. It should be presented as one. Especially since so many people work very hard to ensure group cohesion and prosperity.

I do not hide any of my groups(expect those whihc are already preset not to show). The thing is, you abide to the group rules WHILE on sim/deployment. Outside that, I really don't think the group has authority over what someone does and admits for things that do not apply to the group

Thank you phillip for your marvelous display of professionalism and maturity..

While what you said, karl, is true, i am only talking about being on sim or deployment. i would never hope to encroach on someone's extra-curricular activites. However, while on sim we do have to maintain standards.

Again the purpose of this thread is discussion.

Centurion Sodwind is right; albeit very personal in nature the argument that the directive of our profiles should never condescend decency in any respect is legitimate. Imperator Vesperia's profile is the uncanny apex of profile edification and it should be in the forefront of--as partakers of the Ordo Imperialis inclusive--our minds to contrive our own profiles on the same level comme il faut as our leaders.

Despite some privies many officers jest themselves on, furry yiff clubs and flamboyantly sexual sectorials aren't tantalizing influences to those outside our Order.

Any more personal shots and thread locked/forum account in question deleted. This is a discussion. Not a pending policy. State your opinions without flame and rage. Or don't state it at all. You make yourself and your perspective look poor when you take personal shots/lose your temper.

Well karl, upon looking at your pofile, i see no problem what so ever. You present a clear and professional image. As is your station as a praetorian.

I will make this clear, the standards are not targeting furry groups. Just things that are not "befitting of an officer (or nco or soldier) and a gentleman (or lady)".

Alot of people change their profiles for when they're on duty and when they're off, they police themselves because of how they feel the Ordo is. Some take it more seriously then others, while others just don't give a fuck and will fight tooth and nail for their freedom to do whatever they want on Titan and not get yelled at for it.

I'm not saying we should make a rule in regards to people's profiles, I just think that it's fairly obvious some people take it more professionally while others don't. That's how things have always been. The Ordo has an amazing way of making sluts and tailsale veterans put on a suit and act decent because they want to - Not because we say 'Clean up your profile or else'.