Clicky

Deadmon

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

well COD:MW3 is a good continuation in the MW story, and some of the locales like london and ramstien are interesting, but to be honest its no different to MW2, the graphics, game play, physics and particle systems are all exactly the same. This would of made the best expansion to a game ever, but as a stand alone game it really does fail. As you play you realise a team of modders could of done this as a conversion mod for MW2.

However with that being said, it does have one good thing going for it....but sadly only one, and that is big time players of MW2 will be able to fall into this with total ease as the control and combat system is exactly the same, so you wont have any trouble getting into the fight quickly.

This is one of those title's that if you like the MW series and story your going to love this, but if your after hard realistic graphics....stick to BF3

I give it 4/10 bunnies

Probably most telling is that the PC version lacks Metacritic data on launch day, but the console versions do - and even then the game's not even in the 90% range.

Explanation;

One of Activision's common 'tactics' is to prevent bad reviews from coming out prior to launch by simply threatening to withdraw future advance copies from publications which give them poor scores prior to launch.

The PC edition doesn't have a single review from a major publication yet.

Having just finished the single player campaign on 360 after 8 odd hours, I'm pretty happy with it. MW3 won't stand up to BF3 when it comes to multi-player and game engine quality, but it's single player, I found was a 100 times better. If you want a good first person shooter to occupy yourself with for a while, the single player campaign and subsequent special ops missions will quite easily do that.

Whilst I wont deny that there were moments where I paused for a second, looked at the game and said "That looks rather familiar to MW2" in regards to the games environs, but even still, MW3 looks much better then MW2.

Maybe it's not Battlefield 3 but honestly, it's a pretty fun single player game.