Clicky

Cygna

Poll 01

Application to the Ordo Imperialis  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many opportunities should someone have to apply?

• Once
    • Two or Three
    • Four or Five
    • Six or more

I think it would really depend on the person, for example if someone applied and they were a known greifer/copybotter/whatver then you probably wouldn't want them to apply again. But if they were legitmate but too young and did't realise, then would they have burned an application chance? or say they were in another military and didnt realise they had to leave that first.

But for those who are sort-of hard decisions then 3 times with maybe a 2 month cooldown might be wise.

I think it would really depend on the person

I agree, it's pretty dependent on the situation. If someone is declined for something that isn't about to change or due to a reputation that will never go away (like copybotters) they should probably not be allowed to reapply. But I think as a general rule which might be bent under some circumstances, 3 tries or some kind of cooldown period seems pretty reasonable, especially if they're declined for the same reason repeatedly. For example if someone is declined due to avatar age, informed of that fact, and tries 3 more times before their avatar age qualifies, they're wasting your time. A database of troublesome applicants and reasons for denial would be good, if there isn't already one.

Personally Quantifing it, three times, but shouldn't be a hard and fast rule, more of a guideline, if some one applys and say is refused on grounds their account is to young, that shouldn't count against them if they listen, understand, and act upon it (IE for the example, wait the 1-5 month period before applying again). If for instance they kept applying and not listening as to the reasoning why their application was deneyed, then all the failed applications should count towards a three strike rule, after that point there applications should be thrown out without consideration for serial stupidity.

Although, people do change sometimes, so say reset minor 'offences' after say 3 to 5 months after their last application they are reset to 0 of 3 and allowed to apply again.

put in a clause that allows known Greifers/Copybotters and other undesirables to be perminatly barred from applying.

Two or three times has been a general rule of thumb since the Ordo's inception. It's unwritten but we always tend to give individuals two or three times to apply before cutting the cord. Purpose of this poll is to see what everyone else thinks, and apparently the majority of the voters agree.

Well from my experience do we generally allow people to reapply once after they decided to leave the Ordo. In case of ejection it means they are prohibited from applying unless stated otherwise by Aryte. It happens quite often that people leave the Ordo and find out later that it was the best place to be anyway. Applying a third time happens quite a lot but the chance to get accepted without aryte's approval is about 1% that time.

So yes, i go with twice because i believe people can realize that they made a mistake and maybe 3 times in really rare occasions.