Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

As of Dec 2nd 90% of the actions anyone could do in a guild were taken away. So it may be a case of you will have to join when you play. Also due to this im not even sure if its possible to join a guild through the guild HQ now as from the 2nd guilds were starting to be placed on their server's.

wouldnt do him much good Vain.......due to the following:

ALL GUILDS ARE CURRENTLY FROZEN AS WE PREPARE THEM FOR DEPLOYMENT INTO STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™.

DURING THIS PERIOD, GUILDS MAY NOT BE ALTERED IN ANY WAY. THIS INCLUDES:

• Creating/disbanding guilds
  • Adding/removing guild members
  • Promoting/Demoting guild members
  • Adding/removing Allies and Adversaries

• Adding/removing pre-orders for your guilds
  • Changing guild to opposite
  • Changing guild's server type, time zone, and language preference.

YOU CAN STILL SEARCH FOR GUILDS AND POST ON THE PUBLIC FORUMS AS WELL AS YOUR GUILD'S PRIVATE FORUM.

ALL GUILD MEMBERS WILL BE EMAILED THE STATUS OF THEIR DEPLOYMENT AS THE PROCESS CONTINUES. GUILDS WHICH ARE DEPLOYED WILL BE ABLE TO MANAGE THEIR GUILDS IN-GAME. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CHECK THE GUILDS FAQ.

SEE YOU IN THE GAME!

We we all be sticking to one server, even on both sides? Or... we going to span across two?

I'm not really fond of spanning across them myself... Just means you'll have to deal with different traffic loads, and have to switch servers when you switch characters, thus a possible que time, because you don't log out of the server when you switch characters, but you have to log into a server and que up if its full.

I'll be honest, I've never really played on a "PvP" server, I did have some fun as a Jedi in SWG when they were permaflagged, and played a few games that were PvP only anyway, but really that was it. I don't mind trying PvP, in the past I've avoided it because I've been more into the single player story aspect. I also prefer an RP server over regular servers just because there seem to be less noobs and more respect between players. We should add a poll to this thread just to see where everyone is leaning.

In Order my preferences

1. RP-PvE
  2. RP-PvP

1. Republic
  2. Empire

All in all though, I'll likely end up following the bulk of everyone else as I really don't care THAT much. But I do want to stick with a server that I can enjoy, and not go hopping around, that's stupid.

I wouldn't like going hopping around either. I agree we should stick with the RP servers to avoid any noobs about, but we might seem some that will lack the skills of rp. I am going to possibly stick with two servers and that will be extent of it. I have my republic character and imperial character on the other RP-PVP server and that will be it.

I agree, RP-PVE is the best choice. It allows us to chose when we want PVP, and if WoW was any indication, while there is prehaps less RP than we get in Ordo on Titan, there is a certain level of maturity among 99% of the players in these types of servers, not to mention naming conventions (though I'm not sure how TOR will impliment that, WoW had it easy, no numbers as they were inappropriate for the setting. BUT they are appropriate for the setting sometimes in SW, so we'll see)

I DON WANNA, I never uninstall anytin unless I never intend to play it again! Seriously though, do we HAVE TO? It wont re-install overtop the old one? I don't want to loose my settings, not that there are many to set anyway... FINE

Earl access E-Mails are starting to be sent out

earlstart.png

Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.”

On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

If you participated in our recent Beta Testing Weekend between November 25th and 28th and still have the game client installed, you will be able to patch this client instead of re-installing by simply launching your client, logging in and allowing the download to complete. If you did not participate in the November 25th – 28th Beta Weekend, first uninstall the Game Testing Client and then re-install to ensure your game client will function correctly during Early Game Access.

Learn more about how to get ready for Early Game Access!

If you haven’t pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic yet, you still have time. Visit our Pre-Order Page, secure your copy of the game and redeem your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center to pre-load the client and qualify for Early Game Access.

If you have any issues installing or patching the game client for The Old Republic, check visit theCustomer Service Support section for information and assistance.

*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

Hello everyone,

We're happy to finally announce today that Early Game Access begins December 13th, 2011. This means that everyone who has pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeemed their pre-order code will have up to seven days to play the game early.

As before, when your Early Game Access begins will be determined based on when you redeemed your pre-order code. You will be emailed on the day you are being admitted to Early Game Access to confirm you can now access the game.

Early Game Access was extended to seven days to allow us to gradually ramp up the number of people in the game over a longer period. This allows us to ensure maximum stability and a good population across servers. It also allows us to have more flexibility on exactly how many people we admit per day.

With that said, we're still planning on allowing a large number of people into Early Game Access on a daily basis. In our final Beta Testing Weekends, we had hundreds of thousands of players on the game servers - and we have additional server capacity for launch. However, we still need to remain flexible during Early Game Access, and this led to the decision to notify people on the day that their Early Game Access begins.

We know many of you expected and wanted advance notice on Early Game Access, but we made this decision to ensure that we could remain flexible and react to unforseen issues during launch. Our number one priority has always been a smooth launch, so this decision was a necessity.

The good news is that effectively everyone is being given two 'extra bonus' days as the EGA program is now up to seven days long. The bad news is unfortunately we cannot let people know on an individual basis when they will gain access until we are ready.

We do understand that you are concerned about when you will receive the email. To save your F5 keys, as well as being notified by email, you will also be able to check the Launcher for Star Wars: The Old Republic. When you have been granted Early Game Access, your Play button will be enabled. (You will need to restart the Launcher on occasion if you're still grey.) Finally, you will be able to login to your account page here on SWTOR.com and check your status.

We absolutely understand (and appreciate!) everyone's eagerness to play, but this plan will ensure that we don't fall at the final hurdle - bringing people into the game at launch. We hope you'll bear with us as we gradually grant Early Game Access to everyone who pre-ordered.

--------------------------------------------------

Our sales and marketing teams are working closely with retailers in the US and Europe to ensure that copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic will be delivered in time for launch day.

In Europe, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 15, 2011. For those of you in the USA and Canada, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 20, 2011. For those of you who pre-ordered digital editions of the game from Origin.com, you will be emailed your Game Codes starting December 16, 2011.

As soon as you receive your Game Code (AKA 'product registration code'), be sure to enter it on your account under Code Redemption, because as soon as you enter the code you will receive your digital entitlements in-game (i.e. digital items included with the game edition purchased). Remember, your billing cycle will not start until official game launch, on December 20, 2011 at 12:01am EST.

There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the game. In order to continue playing past the Early Game Access period, you will need to enter a valid launch game code and payment method. Please read our FAQ for more information. We apologize for any previous messaging which may have led you to believe otherwise.

Edited by Rykiana Ferina

Yep, even though I registered my code in the summer, I wont be able to play it till I get hte cd's from the store, as the DL is way too Ffffing large for my ISP to allow without dollar signs in their eyes. And this is what.. the first game EVER where Europe is getting the CDs before north america? More incentive for me to live there.