Clicky

Kellervo

Modern Weapon Revival

This topic was brought up at the meeting, albeit briefly, and as a result I'm taking it upon myself to rebuild some of our current modern weapons line up to bring them to a 2009 standard in terms of builds.

The FN P90 is, as of March 12th, nearly prepared for uploading into Second Life. The current prim count is a meager 20 prims (19 not including the silencer), all sculpted in 64x64, save for the grips which are at 128x128 (the Maya exporter viciously refuses to export torus sculpts at any lower resolution without horrific detail loss).

Aside from the tiny pieces to add in (which will only tack on roughly 5-10 prims at most), the build itself is done.

All textures thus far cap out at 128x64, hence the blurry skin in the current model. The main goal for textures is to cram it down to 2 or 3 larger textures to save on rez time, since the SMG already has a fair number of sculpties.

FNP90BuildC.png

I'm debating on redoing another weapon after the P90 reaches a scripting/animation stage (if anyone can / wants to have a go at it, let me know!). Does anyone else have any ideas of what old modern Titan weapons (mossberg, SiG, Tavor, etc.) should be revived, or suggestions on what to replace them with?

Well, since no one else has responded, I suppose that would put the Tavor second in the list. I'm also looking for other modern weapons to add to the line.

If you suggest the AK-47 or M16A4, I will... come up with a witty retort, because there's already about fifty thousand of them on Xstreet and I don't think it'd be in our best interests to add to the flood. D:

I think you should sculpt the body of the P90 in a few more segments. That and the texture wrapping needs a bit of work. Another thing, the box mag on it doesn't really need to be sculpted as it can be made with three prims. And though it's an ugly model, TI's current P90 is the P90TR (Triple Rail), which I personally think should continue to stick with. Since you can technically add your own sight and other accessories to it. IE Aimpoint, or EOtech sights, flash light, ect. Though I like the standard P90, it's realistically limiting.

And I agree, a properly sculpted F2000 would be just beast. :Q_____

Keep in mind guys, this isn't a thread about what weapons that you want to see Titan Industries produce, it's rather a thread about reviving the modern weaponry that Titan Industries already produces with more modern standards in Second Life building (like sculpties).

Working on the Tavor. And Intus, those kinds of suggestions are appreciated, I intend to do more then just rebuild what we already have. :D

I think you should sculpt the body of the P90 in a few more segments. That and the texture wrapping needs a bit of work. Another thing, the box mag on it doesn't really need to be sculpted as it can be made with three prims. And though it's an ugly model, TI's current P90 is the P90TR (Triple Rail), which I personally think should continue to stick with. Since you can technically add your own sight and other accessories to it. IE Aimpoint, or EOtech sights, flash light, ect. Though I like the standard P90, it's realistically limiting.

Thing is, you can't really do -anything- with the current P90 build. It tops out at 250 prims. The main goal is to hack off a ton of those prims (just sculpting the clip and grips has hacked off around 150 prims right there!), then see what can be added for the sake of detail. If there's enough prims left over to make the triple rail system with whiz-bang add ons, then they'll be fit in, but right now making the overall builds efficient yet desirable is the key.

As for the texture, it's a basic trial run testing out Maya's projection system, there will be much better textures on the final build.