Clicky

Samia Perun

Ordo Radio!

Hello there,

As some of you may have noticed now and then when im around music suddenly appears on Titan. After getting sick of the constant silence, its been linked up to my rented shoutcast server.

Anyway, I cant have my winamp hooked up all the time to it so im just looking for some volunteers who wouldnt mind streaming their own tunes onto it. Nothing like, Gangster Rap or Death Metal, its only fair to keep it fairly middle of the road so the majority can enjoy it rather then a minority. So good ol dance, indie, classic rock, techno, pop and the likes are more then welcome.

So please just reply if you want the details for it, ill hopefully have a web front end up soon so you will know who is on the stream and when so no one starts crossing each others streams.

I dont want to make a schedule or anything, its not -that- serious, it just a bit of fun to break up the silence.

Not sure how streaming music works but I have always been interested. Just as long as people don't have to hear me talk. I got Winamp 5.5 Full Edition, but I don't have Shoutcast or know the method of setting that up. I'd gladly play some music as long as I don't have to go 'THIS IS DJ X-RAY, PLAYING THE TUNES I DID YOUR MOTHER TO.'

Edited by Xayvien Rau

Sign Me up, I DJ on SL alot so am used to it, hell I have My own DJ Fan Group and My own theme song, Running with the Devil by Van Halen which is what may group is called.

"This is DJ Diablos the Devilish DJ, welcome to Ordo ROCK!!!!! Radio, So loud it will wake the Dead"

DJDiablos3.png

DJDiablosRWTD.png

Edited by Diablos Korobase

Diablos stop taking it so seriously please... its not Ministry of Sound, its just a server for something to do to break up the wall of silence that Titan usually has.

Just middle of the road, generic stuff, that people will hum along too and isn't intrusive. No retardedly heavy metal or of that sort, there are places that cater for that in SL.

Anyways, making a list of people interested, thanks for the replies thus far <3

Edited by Samia Perun

Having streamed twice now, ive been getting some IM's of people who wish to join the group. Ive sent them to yah Samia, but if you need a second hand at managing new additions, i wouldn't mind taking up a second ownership rank with you, im one at most hours of the day and with much thanks to Das for setting me up, i can help new additions set up for streaming too

I rarely use the music because it eats bandwidth.

By 'eating bandwith' you mean 128kbit or 16KB/sec ;)

Anyways, i think i made a stream changer at some point which is where i nabbed that sign from which is in the vehicle bay .. or used to.

the actual thing has operators so people can change the land stream, but i'd need a list of normal radio stations too for when people arnt shoutcasting.