Clicky

Aryte

Curious Hypocrisy: New Jessie War Journal

I'm sitting here thinking to myself while scrolling through a thread, and I notice a post by Zrazor that brought up a great point.

So the Ordo ejects a few Chaos members from a group and we get a whole article, with over a hundred comments about how evil we were to.

Meanwhile Chaos phys unlinks the EU base yesterday and gets 3 sentences on the NJWJ as part of another article.

:yeahyeah:

Here's my stance on the NJWJ:

I think it's a bunch of hokey bull-. Personally, It's like reading Weakly World News in my opinion, with it's banner headlines of "Bat-Boy gets breast implants to stop doomsday comet." or "Titanic not sunk, found circling the Artic after 80+years".

Alot of what I see in the NJWJ just seems to be a bunch of made up stories to sensationalize stuff that many of us know to be false and untrue. I pay the NJWJ about as much attention as the Doomsayers that plague the corners of downtown Portland and those Harry Krishnu or however you pronounce it that harass you at the airport trying to convert you to vegetarianism.

New Jessie is a nice place to get some "no holds barred" (and I use the term loosely) combat, but at the same time it seems to be a melting pot for the dredges of the SL military community. The washouts, burnouts, and utter failures of the other SL militaries all collected in one little spot. It's no wonder these stories often seem a bit fishy.

Besides, as far as the NJWJ goes, I do believe that most of it's "staff" (if you can call it that) are the above mentioned rejects of Ordo, and thus bare some kind of grudge against us for their short-commings, so it's quite easy for them to point out what appears to be the fault's in others when they can easily overlook their own.

Well to that, I put a spin on an old phrase: "Don't try to point out the thorn in my eye until you remove the board from yours."

The JWJ is the closest we have to press, and like it or not, most of the military community reads it at least now and then. It is kind of disheartening that a couple of the JWJ reporters are Chaos or ex-Chaos, but meh. Caine's been comparatively good to us and is at the very least fair in admin dealings.