Clicky

Aryte

Armor Upgrade: IMPORTANT

This is somewhat pertinent to the rules posted here, what is the call with regards to new Jessie. switch to old armour before going there or stay in uniform ?

Yeah I spend alot of time in New Jessie myself shooting and getting some practice in. What are the rules on attire there? I see many other factions wearing their uniforms there, Are we allowed to show our Ordo pride while blasting heretics in New Jessie?

I always thought New Jessie was a "free for all" sim using Linden desighned combat meter, and was unaffiliated with most of the organized groups. Both the new and old rule pretaining to Ordo armor state the weapons and armor are owned, copywrighted, and reprisentative of Ordo. Thus, to prevent the possibility of copybot or primripping, that it is prohibited to wear the armor out side of Ordo unless one has express concent? Am I wrong, in then assuming that, no, unless instructed or given permission to do so, that we can not wear our armor and use our weapons in New Jessie?

Persoanly, I would assume the answer is "no" The reasonb being is that the armor simply changed shape and look. Not like we had a completly Ordo turn around. We just look sexier now. In all honesty, the answer should be "no" simply base don the fact that we'll blind innocent civilians with the sheer awesome of our armor...thats not very sporting thing to do...now is it?

Yes, but it's much more difficult and time-consuming then ripping things off of the ground.

Copybotting from avatar involves ripping code into XLM and is extremely difficult and you really do need to know what you're doing. No one should ever, ever wear this armour outside of approved combat zones. EVER! >:o

I understand that we want to maintain our uniqueness and not fall victim to copybotters but us not being able to wear our armor outside of approved combat zones kind of makes me feel like we're hiding something or that we're too afraid to attempt to show the world that we are Ordo and we are proud.

You've never been allowed to use Ordo attire outside of official duty.

It's been that way since I've joined. Ordo armor was always disallowed except during Ordo functions. This means being on base, on assaults, or in defense of an allied sim. There have been only a few other exceptions, such as the rare recruiting run or various social functions. The only difference between back then and now is, we have a nice little database that tells us where it's being used, instead of having to keep our ears open for any reports.

Furthermore, what's the point of wearing a suit of Ordo armor for non-sanctioned, unofficial purposes? It's a uniform, and a symbol. Wearing it to a singles club or some RP sim is disrespecting the uniform. As long as you're wearing it, you're a representative of the Ordo Imperialis, so any actions you undertake wearing, it reflects directly back on the Ordo.