Clicky

Emma Roy

Should people leave or log off when going AFK for prolonged periods(comments activated)

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should people leave the sim or log off when going AFK for prolonged periods

Leaving the sim would reduce the numbers of people on base, but also lower the lag for people entering the sim, as the person has to load that person too, as well as the script time that person is putting out, yet is not using it. People like vinnie (not calling you out) go afk in the hangar, and thats a-ok. But people like Faril (calling you out) stand outside the wall, in the middle of the open and afk and most likely get yourself shot if a hostile comes on base.

I do think though, if you're going to AFK on the wall, leave the sim, but if you AFK in the base, go right ahead.. as wierd as that sounds, its frustrating for a lot of people, like schola/armatura training so it makes it easier if you're inside the outpost than out on the wall or somewhere along our side of the ridge.

Anly- We have single retards attacking us all day with 45 people on sim... Its not going to change if its 50 or 5, they'll probably stay away because fighting 2 people is just boring.

Edited by Desereck Creeggan

honestly if ther should somethign start like if your afk leave sim you will damage your group and moral in many ways cause titan is a home for many people and they spend there entire day

on sim afk and active and something like he if your going afk leave the sim is like kicking them out that nothing moral supporting also what is more lag 5 ppl afk on sim or 5 ppl wich tp

back into sim and attach there entire armor casue they needed to take everything off before leaving . and beside that it willl create more and more tp lags cause ppl stop to hang around

on titan cause if your afk leave sim will end in a if your not active leave sim and ppl will use it as excuse like im semi afk so im of sim cause im afk and ppl would complain if i dont

leave you will get less ppl on def cause they wont even notice that we are under attack all in all something like sending people of sim is pure negative and gives the feeling your only

welcome if you defend the sim and if your done get the hell

out of here ...

as example im half afk verymuch myself but i got my sound on and hear the alarm and return to my pc and help to def if not ppl start yout afk leave sim im definitly 100 % out of

defence 50 % the time im normaly on or you get a phone call wich could take 30 minutes should i tp of sim cause ppl would start even if its only 20 min he hasent moved in an hour

D: complain complain ot making somethign to eat you cant really send everyone off sim i would be needed to reequip my stuff 10 times a day would kill my fun totaly and in the end ppl

just start to stay away

thats my statement about it sure ppl should not go afk on the wall or in open field but for that we got regulations right now let them run laps for longtime afk outside of the outpost

or curia punishment but nothing like sending people of sim

what I'm trying to get at is, if you are on you're computer doing stuff, no problem.. but if you are walking away from your computer for prolonged periods of time, I feel that it is better to log off (it also gives a better count of how many people are available at a moments notice).

the reason I suggested leaving the sim, is because once you are out of the region, the rule would no longer apply and you could stay AFK for how ever long you wanted.

Omg lupus, lmao. Soo hard on my eyes.

What Emma said though- If you're semi afk, its fine to just hang around.

This isnt like Aryte is going to come in all seriousface and crash your client if you go afk on base (I lol'd at the thought of it though), its more like a suggestion, since there's no way to enforce it.

Dont get offended by the following, because I'm not picking at you, just providing some good arguable material;

1) Leaving the sim if you go afk, could not possibly damage the group, because you are not there to do anything to begin with, so you wont make a difference whether on or off SL while AFK. Unless Anly's point of illusion in numbers comes into effect.

2) Yes, this is peoples home, and all are welcome to stay here 25/8 if you are so inclined to, I go afk to eat sometimes (emphasis on sometimes) too, and I occasionaly QWERTY face unintentionaly (fall asleep on my keyboard). Essentialy I'm not saying if you're going to go to the bathroom, log off, but if you are going to bed or something, its a good idea.

3) It really is a pain to take off and reattach armor, but for it to lag that much, it would have to be all 5 people, TPing in at the same instant, putting on all their gear at the same rate. People go off sim all the time (with everyone on my friendslist, I know) and yes it does lag, but unless you're planning on returning within 5 seconds, its not that bad, the real lag is for people coming in, and the server having to send all that information to that person, but there cdould be less of it, if the afk people werent there.

4) Going to emphasise on the very last part of 2 for the next one. Things like going to get something to eat, taking a phone call, trip to the bathroom, quick trip to do something outside, ect. You could stay on sim for, since you'll probably be able to respond if something big comes up like a giant ork raid. Other things like going to sleep, going into town (if said town is a good drive away), a trip to the moon, ect. You should probably log off if you're not planning on being here for an extended period of time (over an hour and a half or so).

5) Wrapping it all up, these arent facts, or new rules. They're soulely opinions, and suggestions to make it enjoyable for the people who are active. What I have stated above has no grounds whatsoever right now to come into a new policy and is entirely arguable ect. ect. I'm not so sure about people getting punished for going afk on sim in some place like next to the bridge warrants a curia report, and probably doesnt. But like I stated at the very beginning, its not like Aryte is going to go around crashing your client if you go afk, lol. The worst that could happen, is that I find you, and push you into some random room/place.

6) And just so my longass reply is worth it, if you /are/ planning on going AFK for an extended period of time, you /should/ do so in the outpost. This makes it easier to distinguish who is here, and who isnt. I am going to be a hypocrit and say, if at you're not going to go off sim, at least go into the outpost or something.

Now to reverse course:

Your issues with going off sim are entirely valid, and was just saying ways they could be proven invalid, but in the end, its just different opinions on the same matter. Everyone here makes the experience they get, for themselves. If you want to afk outside because you can, go ahead. I'm not trying to force my opinions on how it should be on other people, so feel free to do it your way, unless Aryte chimes in and crashes all of our clients just for the lolz. (<3)

But just think, if before I left for Denver, what if I turned on my computer, left my SL running, and left Desereck out on the wall for two entire weeks? haha.

**Edit** Re-read my reply, to clarify: the way I'm defining leaving Titan, is by logging off of SL, but could also apply to going to another sim, and let you idle for however long you want there.

Its because people dont follow his word unfortunately, by afking out on defense in the middle of the open :durr:

its not questioning his word, its /suggestions/ which havent been clarified or someone said "no" to discussing this further, and everyone has a chance to pitch in on what they think about it.