Clicky

Aryte

Christmas Tree Armor

Heeey, I do hate to point it out . . but several of you are a bit too fluorescent to be in uniform. I do not mind accents, but I do mind glow 80% with pink flashing sides. Please look at yourself and consider. If you've questions whether or not it's cool, nudge me.

Tuomy Boa wrote:

Finally my biggest gripe with Ordo is being addressed *cries* Im so happy.

Excessive amount of glow lags rest of us.

1) Its been addressed before. Multiple times. Unsuccessfully.

2) If you are worried so much about lag, you shouldn't be running around with basic shaders on! If you turn this off, you won't see the glow, and BAM! no graphical lag. And no, glow does not cause server lag.

I don't mind the argument against glow, but I hate the "it lags" logic which does not work. Consider: it's not uniform, it makes you an easy target, it demoralizes some comrades, it gives ordo a bad look, et cetera. Not saying I support these, just giving youj all ideas so the "it lags" argument can be dropped.

It demoralizes some comrades ALOT, is easy target, it's very unmilitary like...call me homophobe if you want (hopefully most of you knows me better) but we're an army, not a gaypride parade.

What I support:

-Only dark colors with uniform

-Not more than 0.10 glow per item

-dear god no animated name tags on shoulder armor.

Why...BECAUSE WE DRESS UP IN OUR UNIFORM TO BE PROFESSIONAL. IF YOU WANT TO DRESS UP LIKE A FRIGGIN EPILEPSY INDUCING CANARY BIRD YOU CAN GO TO THE YIFF FACTORY.

dark color has its downsides.

I would prefer us as a grey, or ACU color. Even white with a snow field would be good. Black, actually sucks. yes, it blends in to Titan. Titan can be changed. Also, this is completely defeated when people stand on the pipe, hill, or volcano, as their silhouette is then transposed over sky blue, making them an easy target. Also, EVERYONE else is black, except AN. They actually have a good idea, it keeps teamkilling to a minimum, and makes it so target checking is less necessary. If we did it though, I would prefer not to look like a lego man, in shape and color.

Trevor Russell wrote:

dark color has its downsides.

I would prefer us as a grey, or ACU color. Even white with a snow field would be good. Black, actually sucks. yes, it blends in to Titan. Titan can be changed. Also, this is completely defeated when people stand on the pipe, hill, or volcano, as their silhouette is then transposed over sky blue, making them an easy target. Also, EVERYONE else is black, except AN. They actually have a good idea, it keeps teamkilling to a minimum, and makes it so target checking is less necessary. If we did it though, I would prefer not to look like a lego man, in shape and color.

Obviously, no matter what color we wear we will not have an effective camouflage. Glow just makes one stand out even more and it draws the eye

I can't actually see the majority of Glow due to My graphics card not letting Me, I only can see it in some degree atleast on My armour when I set the sim to Midnight.

I can see where this discussion has come from, and the need to address it as I wasn't fully aware of it till I saw the most recent Ordo vid on YouTube, though I'm sort of sitting on the fence on this one as I can see both sides.

A solution to this would be to revoke the ability to personalise our armour bar making it fit our avatars, as in all of us in default colour armour with only the rank insignias and department logos making the difference to each.

Ofcourse the ultimate solution would be include as suggested Demo's shape along with the armour and make us all wear that.

Making the only way to tell us apart would be the differences in our avatars as in hair, skin and species aka Human, Furry and so on.

The question is, would Aryte goto that extreme limit or not and would we as a group be willing to accept it in order to remain members of the Ordo Imperialis?