Clicky

Ron Bleac

World War One: Source

So I downloaded this mod on Thursday, expecting to immediately find players to fight. Turns out, there were none, all the servers were empty.

Check out the website: Clicky

This weekend, I tried again. Boom, 31 players in one server. I joined, and turns out it's a realism event. A realism event in World War One source is basically where a side picks a commander, who then picks the country he's playing as. It can be either the British, or the Germans. Once their commander has his team set up, they will move into defensive or offensive positions on the map that is pre-selected. From there, the commander must operate and instruct his troops in order to win the battle. With up to 15 players on a team at a time, it can be great fun, but also extremely frustrating. Most often, it turns out to be extreme fun, gritty and violent. I think the Mod does a great job at portraying World War One.

Watch this video.

This really does have some great potential, and if you guys have HL2, I'd recommend you to download this and give it a try! Do it on Weekends, those are peakdays and there's a load of players on available servers. Try the Realism ones, those are more organized than the pub ones.

Also, I played on a game today, and it got recorded. Hope you guys will get to see me in action soon, will put the vid here if it's upped to YouTube.