Clicky

Aryte

Your Top 3

Gunau Sodwind wrote:

-Sim re-design, there is a reason we NEVER get attacked and the Mercz CONSTANTLY do ( i have Ideas)Chronus being part of the sim etc etc

-Give the NCO's the squads, in the real army OFficers dont' run fucking squads, they run goddamn platoons and battlions.

-Stricter Uniform standards, the uniform is an Honor, not a sexual attractant. I'm so fucking sick of modded armor .

(Today i was wearing my patrol cap SLIGHTLY too high and i got reamed. That kind of dedication to uniformity is important to moral.)

I agree with the sim redesign. Our current sim isn't a bad design, it's just that it gives the attacking team NO chance. In truth, it's how I'd construct an outpost irl given the terrain, but in SL, it's just no competition.

Make the current squads bigger and call them platoons or whatever the latin word is, and give qualified NCO's their own squads in the platoons. The NCO role would be more respected in this scenario.

I agree with this, but I'm the meanest guy on SL (And the least informed on Ordo regulations) if I try to enforce uniform standards in the handbook, which people knew prior to completing Schola. So I don't know how this one is going to play out. I like having a little orange in my armor, though, and being able to see my "No Step" reminder on my avatar's back.

Overall, I agree with Gunau. But is the Platoon > Squad thing too dynamic for SL?

Tuomy Boa wrote:
Jayce Iredell wrote:

Vanguard has sculpted armor, and look at the lag they create, but then they have impulse rounds and all that shit, so...

Sculpt armor is actually less laggy in most cases, atleast most sculpt items give out smaller ARC than their prim counterparts.

ARC is not necessarily an accurate projection of "lag inducing factor".

1) better sim build: I like the look of titan and all ,but the sculpty megaprims I'm hating due to I logg in and the areas on the ground coveredin large balls. Plus the prims tend to lag me alot during defense of the sim.

2)More futuristic equipment: Yes I love the guns we have ,but it is were we are a sci fi military with mechs, Gunships, and VTOL aircraft yet we still use 20th century weapons [except the Ajudicator] I was thinking the guns more of a 21st or 22nd century look to them

3)Ground Vehicles: As of now we have the Velox and the punisher and that's pretty much it. I am working on a APC ,but just waiting for a time to get the new wheel designed to be checked on and the whole thing approved before scripting can start. I am thinking of other ground vehicles to make for terra ,but it will be a while since of college taking a good number of my time.

As for krow's idea of a 2nd attempt on power armor I'm still looking for a sleek design. and no I am NOT making Space marine type power armor and the person that ask will get there mouth nailgunned shut XP

1) New sim; efficient with prims, scripts, and textures. Utilize Chronus more.

2) New armor; efficient with prims and textures. Perhaps sculpty.

3) Drop most--if not all--armor modifications; this does not include supplied attachments like packs, pockets, et cetera.

Krow Ames wrote:

If we're doing a change of scenery, let's go tropical, with a storm on the horizon. Mmm, who's up for fruity drinks with little umbrellas?

Yes. I like this idea. Complete with island-green camo versions of the armor.

we need something that is not only defenseable, but fun to assault. Multiple places to enter from, points the enemy can capture so that they would be able to actually GAIN something from their efforts. I'd like to see something unique, no snow, no mars, no faggy castles, we need something that symbolizes the Ordo. While many of you will not remember, the first sim (when the ordo was re-actualized) it was a grand city. that was awsome.

Moy Loon wrote:
Krow Ames wrote:

If we're doing a change of scenery, let's go tropical, with a storm on the horizon. Mmm, who's up for fruity drinks with little umbrellas?

NO

SL HAS ENOUGH SHITTY TROPICAL STUFF ALLREADY

Aryte Vesperia wrote:

Go for it. Just state it. Don't argue with others.

Gunau Sodwind wrote:

we need something that is not only defenseable, but fun to assault. Multiple places to enter from, points the enemy can capture so that they would be able to actually GAIN something from their efforts. I'd like to see something unique, no snow, no mars, no faggy castles, we need something that symbolizes the Ordo. While many of you will not remember, the first sim (when the ordo was re-actualized) it was a grand city. that was awsome.

Amen brother, Problem with current sim is that it's defenseable, but far from fun to assault.

Streak Bender wrote:

I updated a lot of the features on the model making it equally balanced for assaulting forces and defensive, but added optional defensive structures to give us the upper hand if we need to. After all, it is our sim ;). Tried to make it as Imperial Roman as I could. But futuristic as well.

It's awesome. The Astra hangar IN the building is pretty smooth. And Navis gets like an underground looking base or something. And there's room for lots of offices and stuff. :D

What I would like to see apart from Chronus becoming more useful is NCO getting greater powers to do things like lead squads and missions, aswell as seeing them actually having to go through some sort of training to earn the right to be Staff members.

That training is currently be worked on, but I feel that once its completed and taught, it should be a source of future promotions and abilities.

Hell I'm an E-5 and am not a Staff member, yet there are people in the group who are a lower rank than I am and not as active who are Staff and I think thats wrong.

Loyalty should be rewarded with more than just promotion to a higher rank, plus the abilities of said rank should have a clearer outline which should be something that everyone in the group is made aware of and understands.

As in when if I come on sim and make my presence known via the comm, should I outrank those on sim, I should be offered command of the sim and have the ability to take it or decline it allowing the person who is in command at that time to retain command thus making them feel that their judgement and ability is valued.

I know this may sound like I'm just complaining because I wasn't chosen as a member of the Terra Staff and You'd be right, but I'm complaining because right now I feel my rank is nothing more than a texture on my armour.

After all it not like I've been called on to lead a group of people in an assault, or that it provides me with a seniority that would guarantee that my name be on the list to lead people in an assault.

I would also like to see more opportunities for people to prove they have the ability to lead without needing to be a Staff member of a Schola Instructor.

Now that thats out of the way I'll get off my soapbox and move on.

It seems everyone would like to see Chronus being used more and I agree, I also like the idea that many have mentioned where we adopt a similar idea to the Mercz where we have on sim dedicated to the base and the other sim being sort of a no mans land that would give those attacking a place to better launch an attack from making combat fairer to both us and our enemies.

After all, with how it stands now, the only thing stopping us from wasting the enemies upon their arrival is our sense of fair play, as in not standing above the spawn and raining down hellfire and brimstone.

I also like the idea of giving the enemy their own trenches, as it would make combat last longer if like us, they could drop down behind the trench wall and re-think their stratergy.

For those of you that were here when we had that 6 hour siege of Titan, you'll remember it lasted that long cause they had a place to launch the attack from aswell as protection from our weapons.

Plus if you remember we were attacked on mass but if I remember correctly four different militaries that had called a truce to hostilies to attack their common enemy, which is something I haven't seen since.

Lastly weapons and armour modifications, while I agree it needs to be adressed, I don't feel its a subject that should take priority ove the issues I've mentioned plus issues that other have brought up like sorting out Navis.