Clicky

Crash Silverfall

Ordo Lava Fishing

I just want to mention some thing.

Even if this fishing is so much, and you get alot of fun stuff by it.

We should not forget that defending titan is still our major thing to do.

So if some hostiles pops up, everyone should immidiatly run to the Defense line.

Also prefer that you are active when you are fishing, that way you wont rage for getting shot when you were afk at the lava pool autocasting (>:| ) and the oic wont rage at you for thinking you are awake and not joining the defense line.

I also saw this in comms from somebody: If you put the rod to quiet catch its less spam, its allready horrile with the channel 1 cast.

Feel free to add your own stuff about this. (also correct me if wrong)

I agree that the fishing game can become a distraction. I hope that we can all be responsible and mature enough to not abuse this new feature to our daily lives in Titan. If it becomes a problem, I can definitely see that policy may need to be established for potential abuse.

My proposal to everyone is to keep in mind some of these things.

• Don't put music objects on the ground. This is pretty much the same thing as gesture spam, and it's not tolerated or allowed via our handbook.
  • Don't leave your chairs of sitting objects laying around. We have policy on building and littering. I already see that there are many objects laying around. We are still working on a sim build and these prims need to remain free. Aside from the docks and the vendor, we don't need anything permanent on the ground. Pick up your things if you haven't already, please.
  • The text spam in this area is pretty high with all the messages from the fishing rods and people typing on channel 1 to cast. Check the manual, and make sure you enable the quiet catch option. There are many other options that will decrease the amount of spam as well. This is mainly a consideration of others in your area.
  • Try to keep the fishing to the area around the lava pond. I've seen a few people fishing away from it -- such as the armory and underneath the base. If you go too far the fishing system doesn't even work since it is restricted to certain areas dictated by Aryte in the system.
  • Don't AFK fish. You're technically on the line, and therefore you should be aware of what is going on around you. If a hostile arrives in the sim, you need to immediately switch out of your fishing gear and back into combat gear to defend the base. You are also going to miss out on important information from the current OIC and potential raid leaders.

Hopefully this will be of some help to you all. While this is a new and exciting addition to our daily activities, please don't abuse it to the point that restrictions must be placed on it. Do the right thing and moderate yourselves rather than forcing the Administratio staff or the Imperator to create policy surrounding it.

I agree that the fishing game can become a distraction. I hope that we can all be responsible and mature enough to not abuse this new feature to our daily lives in Titan. If it becomes a problem, I can definitely see that policy may need to be established for potential abuse.

My proposal to everyone is to keep in mind some of these things.

• Don't put music objects on the ground. This is pretty much the same thing as gesture spam, and it's not tolerated or allowed via our handbook.
  • Don't leave your chairs of sitting objects laying around. We have policy on building and littering. I already see that there are many objects laying around. We are still working on a sim build and these prims need to remain free. Aside from the docks and the vendor, we don't need anything permanent on the ground. Pick up your things if you haven't already, please.
  • The text spam in this area is pretty high with all the messages from the fishing rods and people typing on channel 1 to cast. Check the manual, and make sure you enable the quiet catch option. There are many other options that will decrease the amount of spam as well. This is mainly a consideration of others in your area.
  • Try to keep the fishing to the area around the lava pond. I've seen a few people fishing away from it -- such as the armory and underneath the base. If you go too far the fishing system doesn't even work since it is restricted to certain areas dictated by Aryte in the system.
  • Don't AFK fish. You're technically on the line, and therefore you should be aware of what is going on around you. If a hostile arrives in the sim, you need to immediately switch out of your fishing gear and back into combat gear to defend the base. You are also going to miss out on important information from the current OIC and potential raid leaders.

Hopefully this will be of some help to you all. While this is a new and exciting addition to our daily activities, please don't abuse it to the point that restrictions must be placed on it. Do the right thing and moderate yourselves rather than forcing the Administratio staff or the Imperator to create policy surrounding it.

This is exactly what I was trying to point out earlier, thank you Nrom.

Pro-tip: Attach the invisible rod to the hud in the top left. Wear regular gun as normal. Run around killing stuff with auto-cast on and announcements off. Profit.

Okay, why are we worried about fishing anyways... If were under attack by 2142 everyone should STOP fishing, detach all of the hud objects that are pointless for combat, and protect the base. NO ONE should be fishing while we were under attack, NO ONE. And Acheron, I didn't like one bit that you ran around with a fishing pole with a gun attach in your left hand, unacceptable. The 7Seas fishing game is suppose to be used when nothing is going on. Not when we're in combat. just be prepared for the fishing to stop if this continues.

Never said you did get things out of hand.

I meant that there are so many people fishing. and goofing around while they do it,

Worst thing is it's a massive distraction from what we're really supposed to be doing. I really hate to badmouth an allied group, but it's starting to look like the Merczateers, or at least when I was in it. People getting obsessed with acquiring gear and nothing else

Also I swear that fishing server is scripted to never give me the Assault pack.

I honestly dont mind the fishing for down time.

Keywords: Down Time

Last night, the first day of the fishing, We had 2 attacks while I was OIC.

The first one, one person stopped fishing because "oh it's just one person".

The second one I had to fight to get people to stop fishing.

This is unacceptable. Regardless of how many attackers are present, as soon as that alarm sounds, you get up off the docks, detach your fishing pole, and get a gun ready.

Pro-tip: Attach the invisible rod to the hud in the top left. Wear regular gun as normal. Run around killing stuff with auto-cast on and announcements off. Profit.

This is also not acceptable. The fishing thing is to give you something to do during down time. When combat starts, all fishing gear comes off. Aside from extra scripted objects, its also defeating the point of the fishing during down time.

If there's an attack and I see people ignoring it, I will be exceedingly displeased. As will superior officers, Curia, AiR, and anyone else who receives a list of names from me, should the misfortune occur.

Fishing is cool.

But never, ever, at the expense of sim defense. I will not brook it, nor should any officer or OIC. Neither should any enlisted.

[Ask for pictures)

Aah yes. Leaning back and tossing out the hook with the bait attached, aiming to catch the biggest catch of the day. Kicking back with a cold beer, a nice rod and just enjoying the acidic smell of sulfur from the lava underneath. Titan isn't all that bad when it comes down to fishing, the old manly sport of fishing...

Edited by Fox Cheri

[Ask for pictures)

Aah yes. Leaning back and tossing out the hook with the bait attached, aiming to catch the biggest catch of the day. Kicking back with a cold beer, a nice rod and just enjoying the acidic smell of sulfur from the lava underneath. Titan isn't all that bad when it comes down to fishing, the old manly sport of fishing...

Lava fishing is all well and good BUT BACK IN MY DAY WE FISHED FROM A LIVE GODDAMN VOLCANO!