Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Big tip here: Free to play players will have limited character creation options, limited inventory spaces, no access to the cargo hold unless you purchase it, etc etc. Virtually every facet of the game is limited in one way or another to achieve EA's version of "freemium".

It may be limiting, but that's what it is when it's F2P. I may just go free always and purchase enough crap to keep me happy enough to continue free... Overall though you can still easily create characters, join guilds and level all the way to 50 with all classes.

I've played a Sith Warrior/Marauder, and 2 Sith Warrior/Juggernauts to 50.... (was becuase of the server merges and them not willing to move my first Jugg to the server I wanted) Though I since deleted the Marauder.... felt too squishy, and the Jugg was just EPIC.

Though right now my account is inactive. The game gets stale pretty fast..... when you play it as obsessively as I did... and tend to do when I reactivate my account.

I'm quite disapointed at ALL the limitatinos of FPS , but oh well i shouldhave expected since it's a EA game.

So far ONLY NCSOFT has made a TRUE FPS experience with their games. Ex: Lineage2 and Aion.

And it works... Kinda saved Lineage and Aion. Tons of new players.

Edited by Chris Peckham

For the empire :]

Never returning to this game. Once I hit Battlemaster, Bioware decided it was a good idea to make it easy to hit Valor level 60 a week later. So much for grinding valor for a month.

Still a wonderful experience.

3rd Image down, they were absolutely terrified of me, despite being higher geared and number. Operative was awesome to play. 4th image was when I collected the last (and most difficult) datacron. :D

swtor%202012-02-04%2011-03-13-34.png

swtor%202012-02-06%2023-53-27-57.png

swtor%202012-02-07%2016-33-21-79.png

swtor%202012-02-08%2020-42-44-02.png

swtor%202012-02-28%2022-19-41-78.png

swtor%202012-01-10%2016-49-33-06.png

swtor%202012-01-13%2017-43-38-23.png

For the empire :]

Never returning to this game. Once I hit Battlemaster, Bioware decided it was a good idea to make it easy to hit Valor level 60 a week later. So much for grinding valor for a month.

I believe they gave everyone Valor 60 of level 50 players who started at a certain time and had played so much PvP to just about equal the amount through the changes. As it stands now, it's still quite difficult to get to 60 much less max valor... I think I'm 30 on my BH? When I was leveling her I PvP'd regularly. They have made it easier to grab gear, but with all the higher tier gear in PvP running around like that Intus person, you really need it or you don't get anywhere.

Besides the constant 'bitching' about PvP, they've still improved quite a bit aside from that. PvE, grouping, gear acquisition and Flashpoints (instances) have had major improvements. Achtai didn't like the game much when she hit 50 because of how difficult getting gear and grouping for end content was and wasn't a fan of PvP. Back then the best way to get into some of the larger operations were by wearing PvP gear.