Clicky

Scarlet Flaks

Medal of Honor

EA GOES TO WAR WITH ALL-New ‘Medal of Honor’ EA Reinvents Franchise with New Development Teams, New Soldier, New Setting

LOS ANGELES, California – December 2, 2009Medal of Honor™ returns to the front lines, this time in today’s war. For the first time in the franchise’s 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed that in2010, Medal of Honor, an all-new first-person shooter game, will introduce the Tier 1 Operator:a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle. The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S.Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience. Medal of Honor depicts modern military operations through the lens of a small band of fictional characters. Inspired by real events, Medal of Honor reveals the mission of today’s most elite American soldier – his will, his mind set and his uncompromising professionalism.

Medal of Honor is being built with a best-in-class single-player campaign. The Medal of Honor development team at EALA has been hand-selected by the studio leadership of General Manager Sean Decker, Executive Producer Greg Goodrich and Senior Creative Director Rich Farrelly. To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set the franchise for a new generation...

Anyone else excited for this? Battlefield Bad Company 2 also looks to be good, both of these games are being developed by EA DICE, and unlike Modern Warfare 2, both will provide dedicated server support, which sounds promising.

Hopefully It'll be good, I know I'll probably end up buying it because I'm a long time MOHAA fan. Following in the footsteps of either MW1 or MW2 is going to be a tough road, though.

Keeping in mind that the original Medal of Honor development team, are the same people who started the Call of Duty franchise, and I am a huge Medal of Honor fan, I have no doubt that this game will atleast give MW1/MW2 a run for their money.

Unrelated however, I'm greatly impressed with how DICE has matured since Battlefield 2. Their current game engines looks to be much more impressive, more so than Crysis even. I'm pretty ecstatic that both the new MoH and BFBC2 are being made by DICE. 2010 seems like it will be full of great new games.

Good news still is, the new MoH isn't full of "OSCAR MIKE, OSCAR MIKE, OSCAR MIKE, RAMIREZ DO EVERYTHING".

i didnt liked MOH so much ...... shooting germans isnt that fun :< you know .. they did evil thingys back in the time but ... germans and sexy uniform .. QQ :< at least a good thing they move away from the WWII theme lets see how the game will be like ^.^

The German race itself wasn't a problem. But it's safe to say they had some badass stuff. >_>

This will make a great competition with CoD6... If it offers a better online experience than CoD, they've hacked it.

Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Yeah, it's Treyarch (Call of Duty: World at War) but they've hopefully learned from their mistakes.

EA DICE is cool and all, but the only games they've ever really did server support for were Battlefield-related from what i've seen. I mean really, Battlefield Heroes is EA DICE, and all it is is a tiny-scale Battlefield Game with cartoony cel-shaded graphics and a system where you have to pay RL money to get anything worth a damn.

MOHAA was EALA's first and only real masterpiece. Seriously. The game that arrived after MOHAA was MOH: Pacific Assault. And nobody could play that game the first year of release because it was SO buggy, and SO awkward.

EALA had their chance, and i still will not have any hopes for them making a good game again.

I just tried the multiplayer beta, and I actually got bored after about 10 minutes.

The atmosphere is severely lacking...

Running animations look canned,

Reload anims are simply switching magazines (no charging the weapon),

Sounds are no-where in the league of Bad Company 2,

Ragdolls are pathetic (at one time my guy died, but it looked like he was just stood there)

People are poorly modeled as are guns.

Overall it reminded me of CSS as far as atmosphere goes.

Gameplay wise it was pretty standard FPS stuff... loadeouts offered no flexibility to start which was kinda lame.

US forces have M16 with M203, M4 and AT4 (I think) and M24 with an inaccurately styled EOtech.

Taliban (yes they actually are) Have and AK with under-slung GL, some other AK variant with an RPG7 and an SVD with some nasty looking red dot.

I did see some guys with LMG's, presumably they unlocked them by scoring points or something.

One thing that pissed me off was the game seems to be balanced more towards MW2's style of one or two hits kills you sort of thing. Although this works well in MW2; in MoH you can barely see enemies beyond a certain distance, so if they have an acog or scope you're pretty much fucked. I dided countless times without even seeing my enemy, i'd just be creeping along the side of a seemingly empty street and a hail of bullets would come from nowhere.

Must say that overall it was pretty disappointing, I'd reccomend BC2 or MW2 over this any day. However it's still in Beta, so there may be hope yet. The release date isn't till october so they may change some stuff before then. So far it's not looking great though.

Edited by Niiya Narayan

I played it too yesterday.

Textures were alright, the animations (especially reloading) was choppy and a but static. I don't like the "Medal of Honor" style of aiming, which is the gun becoming vertically perpendicular with your screen therefore impeding much of your vision. Hip firing was just as effective as aiming down the sights. Sounds were good quality but they didn't feel like they blended well, although there were some that fit alright with the situation. The interface was good though, I think it was a little smoother and easier to follow than the BC2 one. Not as good as MW2's interface though. I don't like the short supply of weapon options from the get-go, needs more starting options. Shooting people was too easy, point and hold click, most of the time no need to adjust or anything. People die fast. It's always hardcore mode so be prepared for quietness, then instant splatter of bullets and noises then dead-- and you don't even know where it came from. Hopefully since it's a Beta things may lighten up.

TL;DR -> Was a lesser polished version of MW2.

P.S, the Medal of Honor franchise has sucked since Pacific Assault came out back in the day. EA games uses the franchise as an emergency cash cow now.

I don't expect it to be good. Never did.

EDIT: Just played the Multiplayer Open beta. They've fixed quite a few things from what i've seen, and the fast-paced action definately enhances the feel.

The weapon options are limited, i agree. But the reason why is that EA / DICE wanted to depict Modern Warfare as realistically as possible. So yeah, you won't be seeing any Tier 1's or Army Rangers swingin' RPD's around.

All of the classes have two seperate variants.

Rifleman gets the M16 / M203 as a start, and as you level the class, you unlock updated parts, like the EoTech, an extra mag, and supressor. At level 4, you unlock the LMG (M249 or the PKM.) where the sight and mags are included.

Spec Ops gets the M4 and the AK-74SU to start. (Krinkov AK-74. Tanker Model.) At level 4 you get Combat Shotguns (Remington 870 or some other Russian Shotgun.) Same mods apply.

Snipers start with the M21 or the Dragunov SVD, which is classified as a Battle Rifle. AKA: They come stock with an Eotech or the Russian variant. Level 4 unlocks Bolt-Action Rifles.

I like it. I might get it by Christmas or somethin'.

Edited by Lanny Ansar

Ok i recently bought the new Medal of Honor. So i was wondering if anybody else bought it aswell, so we can play multi together and be like real tactics (unlike in COD where they spot you to fast by that minimap, which happens less in MoH)

Anywho if you have it, please say your Multiplayer Username or something.

from me

username: Craillow