Clicky

Aryte

Combat Standard Reminder

Just a quick reminder for all of my favorite, heavily armed minions.

The Ordo is really heavily scrutinized, so by any means . . if it can be afforded, lay off bringing out the rocket launchers for small scale attacks. Do not sacrifice victory for the sake of being "kind," but try not to nuke a single attacker with fifteen Adjudicators. Just, be nice. :D Ish. Be . . reasonably nice.

Use enough force to remedy the situation, but not so much as to crush their spirits--unless told otherwise!

aye... ive seen this situation quite a few times when anything explosive is pulled out because of one or two attackers come with nothing explosive of their own... however i feel that Scylla and Geodan are an exception to these...

infact... they should have stayed on ban due to their guns that kill sims and other weapons... period... i am still at a loss as to how they havent been put back on after several calls for it...

I thought Gunau attaching miniguns to every point on his body and attacking the next hostile that came in was pretty close to Artemis. All he had to do to fulfill the role was to be dropped from orbit onto the unsuspecting target while firing full blaze all the way down.

But seriously, don't shoot at someone until you know you can kill them.

For example, if a guy is hiding behind a hill, and you cannot see his little noggin poking out, don't fire at the hill mindlessly unless provided permission to lay down suppressive fire. Some little ION twit ambling up a hill and then seeing the wrath of god explode 8 meters ahead of him on the ridge he was struttin' his stuff to kind of sends a message of "We're psychotic bloodthirsty monsters <3" instead of "We're professional, ruthlessly efficient monsters who don't waste shots <3".

I'd be completely dissuaded from attacking anywhere that deems every threat as warranting the instant deployment of the flaming hot piss of God raining down inches from its face, before any hostiles have even gotten into range of the effective sphere of the explosives that shower the terrain, or the wall of bullets pounding into the mountain they're standing behind.

I mean, in all honesty, we don't need six miniguns, four charged adjudicators, nine grenades, three artillery shells, two Pilums, a rocket barrage, flak rounds, and a tidal wave of standard semi-auto and automatic small arms fire pounding into a target to take it down*, especially if the target can't even be hit by any of it until they show their face in the crosshairs.

*Unless it's either Nanao setting his sights on a playground, or Kanaki persuing a buffet.

If an attack drags on for hours, I tend to allow the entire arsenal to be used against whoever 's left to keep morale up, its always fun to see some poor sob being engulfed in explosives and 20 different colors of tracers.

Usually when theres just a few persistent buggers who keep coming back.

If an attack drags on for hours, I tend to allow the entire arsenal to be used against whoever 's left to keep morale up, its always fun to see some poor sob being engulfed in explosives and 20 different colors of tracers.

Usually when theres just a few persistent buggers who keep coming back.

See, to me this shows our enemy our impatience. When we raid someone, like TCG, and they start pulling out bigger gins in the end, it really makes things not fun. We are in this for our enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of others, and if we intentionally use overkill just to keep our morale high, they won't come back as often. What's more, if soldiers are so weak-minded as to need such behavior to keep morale high, another game would be advised, like TF2. We are in a community, and we must be mindful of how every action affects others.

See, to me this shows our enemy our impatience. When we raid someone, like TCG, and they start pulling out bigger gins in the end, it really makes things not fun. We are in this for our enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of others, and if we intentionally use overkill just to keep our morale high, they won't come back as often. What's more, if soldiers are so weak-minded as to need such behavior to keep morale high, another game would be advised, like TF2. We are in a community, and we must be mindful of how every action affects others.

Are you calling us all weak minded and should piss off to another game?

Thats a bit offensive.

From what i see, it is indeed overkill to use a SRAW, Pulim, Adjud or any other heavy weapon against a single attacker on Titan, but there are not many cases on raids were we have faced big guns. The most notable annoyance I've seen is just wall shooting, grenades and the occasional mini-gun, but never have ive seen or even needed to use a heavy weapon of sorts, the most i ever pull out is a SAW, but that's a Automatic Rifle (A squad based MG, like a MG42L). And even still, Aryte mentions that missiles are not permitted unless told otherwise. In fact, when we did a raid against 39th at one point and the Mercs came in to assist, no one, not even the 39th had missile or heavy weapons draw.

I believe this is, like Samia put out, offensive in the fact that your saying everyone in Ordo is just trigger happy for big guns and weak minded of how to keep moral high. This is wrong in every sense. Indeed it can be rather excessive to have seven Adjudicators out and firing at an enemy, but it doesn't tend to do very much against the enemy's decision to attack, they still keep coming. From recent attacks, the only true heavy ive seen was Ruins Pulim, but that was the "end all" weapon when the attacker was being a dick wad and abusing cover (then again, Agares Feild gun was another that helped kill "cover hordes")

Frankly, Aryte is right about limiting heavy weapons against single attackers, like sandblasting a soda cracker, its a bit over the top. Then again, the enjoyment of blowing a rather annoying enemy up with mass fire is always pleasing in its own right, besides, we don't need big guns when several thousand rounds of ammo from assault rifle's, snipers and shotguns are tainted on one enemy.

There are certainly exceptions as well, such as the more recent Hershey. When absurdity is followed by futility and outright annoyance, there is no purpose in entertaining the single attackers that prove nothing and gain nothing.

Well put. And yes, I agree.