Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Main Asset 7 Error!

There has been some issues with Star Wars: The Old Republic's latest patches, as I know a few of you have experianced problems with the download I thought it might be helpfull to put what BioWare is saying about it here in hopes it helps some of you.

BioWare Recognises the Problem

Hello everyone. We’re tracking down the exact issue here so we can ensure we have a fix, but in the interim we have a workaround. As many of you have realized this will involve re-downloading a portion of the game client.

If you have an error when attempting to install main assets (regardless of number), follow these steps:

1) Exit the SWTOR Launcher if it is already running.

2) Navigate to the following folder (assuming a default install): C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

3) Locate and delete the ‘assets_swtor_main.version’ file. Do not delete any other file.

4) Re-launch the SWTOR Launcher.

5) You should re-download the main assets file; this is approximately 13Gb in size.

If you still have persistent issues after you have re-downloaded your main assets, please contact Customer Support via [email protected].

BioWare recognises Asset downloading out of Order

Hey there, we are aware of some instances where this happens. To help us diagnose, if you start to re-download Main Assets 1 after re-installing Main Assets 7 (see this post for details on that), please check your launcher version and report it to Customer Support via [email protected].

To find your launcher version, follow these steps:

1) Start the SWTOR launcher if it's not already running

2) Open the settings dialog (click the 'gear' icon on the lower left)

3) Look in the lower left corner of the dialog for the version number (it's small and in grey text!)

Email [email protected] with your username, an explanation of the error you're seeing and your version number. This will help us diagnose and fix this issue for all. Thank you!

Some other Solutions

We've had our launcher team look at some of the logs posted here and I was asked to reach out to a few users directly.

Please note, if you're not in this list it does not mean we're not investigating for you. Please follow the instructions in my two previous posts (here and here) and see if that helps you.

Do not follow the instructions below unless you are the user indicated. Thank you.

That said here's what I have to pass on:

Arctrurun - Your launcher log indicates you are not yet able to play. That's normal. Check your email; you may be part of the testers getting in tomorrow (11/26).

CanuckJedi, Necrophobic and Blewitt - Your logs indicate that you probably need to delete assets_swtor_main.version - as detailed here. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Syben - Your logs indicate an issue with your patcher, itself. Re-download the installer from www.swtor.com/tester and re-install over your existing installation. This should fix your patcher and let you continue to install.

Akione - You need to delete a version file, but not the one previously indicated. Your movie assets are probably corrupted. Follow these instructions:

1) Exit the SWTOR Launcher if it is already running.

2) Navigate to the following folder (assuming a default install): C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

3) Locate and delete the ‘movies_en_us.version’ file. Do not delete any other file.

4) Re-launch the SWTOR Launcher.

5) You will need to re-download the movie assets - probably about 2Gb.

Finally as a word of warning to everyone (but particularly Crighten, who apparently did this) - if you have these errors do not delete your entire SWTOR directory. This will ultimately cause more issues than it fixes. If you have deleted your directory, you should completely uninstall the game and then re-install from scratch for best results.

For everyone else not named above, please continue to follow the advice given here and here.

BioWare apologises for the continued occurance of this

Hello all,

Apologies again that some of you are still experiencing this issue, even after multiple downloads. I know it must be highly frustrating - as it is to us, as we want you in the game.

If you've experienced this issue a couple of times please do send your latest launcher logs to [email protected] along with your username. It'll help our investigation.

Thanks again for your patience. This is a high priority issue for the launcher team right now.

Will post with any new Information as it becomes available.

Current MAJOR Bug List

Known issues:

1) Player may not be able to logout back to the character selection screen normally and may appear 'stuck' on the loading screen.

- Workaround: Please use Alt + F4 to manually close your game client. You may need to wait up to an hour before re-logging in with the same character.

2) Players may not always be able to loot. This may occur after a recent player death, or during gathering.

- Workaround: Press X twice to have the character sit and then stand up, then try to loot again.

3) Map icons can sometimes become offset and overlapped. Refreshing the user interface will not resolve the issue.

- Logging out of the affected character and logging back in should resolve the issue.

4) The "Show Coverbar" icon on the HUD does not function:

- You can still use the hotkeys to show cover, and this issue does not affect the functionality of cover itself.

5) Using Reverse Engineering on a stack of items will reverse engineer the entire stack.

- Workaround: Remember to split stacks of items before you Reverse Engineer to make sure that you only change the number you want.

6) The process “launcher.exe” can leave a ghost process in the task manager, and players are unable to open the launcher with it running.

- Solution: If you double-click on launcher icon and nothing happens, go to your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Del), look for “launcher.exe,” and end the process if it’s there.

7) After refreshing the UI, the "Crew Window" button may disappear from the top of the HUD

- Workaround: Completely restarting the game should fix this issue, but you can still open the crew skills window by pressing "N".

8) A large change to the items system may have invalidated some of the items from the previous build. Pre-existing characters will gain no benefit from wearing these items.

9) When sending Companion Characters on a mission, their name has been replaced by the time Companion Character will be gone. (For example, the chat window will display "60 is currently deployed on a crew skill task.")

10) Tooltips for items in the Repair tab will appear with as "Null".

11) When dueling with the opposite faction, the losing player can continue to be attacked by the winner of the duel without consequence. This does not have any effect on gameplay out of the duel and is only applicable between the two players dueling each other.

12) When using the Round Robin loot ruleset, if another group member attempts to loot an item that is assigned to you, neither player may receive the item(s).

13) The Friends list does not always update online status dynamically.

14) There are no engine trails for player spaceships in Space Combat.

15) Viewing another player’s Crew Skill list will incorrectly display both your schematics and the other player’s.

16) ATI video cards may experience some graphical inconsistencies such as blank icons (separate from the known issue above), blank character portraits, or flickering shadows.

17) Defeated enemies will sometimes remain standing and may not display loot indicators when loot is available.

18) Commendations vendors do not give confirmation dialog when players purchase items.

19) Any taxis other than the cab / speeder bike style do not resummon companions after the player reaches their destination.

20) Legacy titles do not display properly when players first enter a zone.

21) Using crafting recipes can cause them to disappear from the Crew Skills window.

22) The Galactic Trade Network does not properly refund bids for closed auctions.

23) The Operation "Karagga's Palace" is temporarily unavailable for play.

24) Character and companion portraits may not always be visible.

ADDITIONAL INFO

Please do not report the issues below. They are not bugs.

The Anti-aliasing option is not functional yet.

The Combat Log is disabled.

Some chairs and benches cannot be interacted with.

Conversation rolls are intended to be over 100 at times. This allows players to "crit" on a roll!

I've noticed two actual bugs / glitches whilst playing last night, that i'll pool up over a log or a bug report for these guys later.

1: There is a consistent "Dead Pixel" effect that appears just below the chat box on the top-left of my screen that vanishes when I alt-tab to something else or exit the game. I've heard that other people have this issue as well. It's not game-breaking, it's just a bit annoying to see that little orange dot in the corner of my eye.

2: I've had instances where my character will simply continue to blast the living dogshit out of an enemy, long after it has died. And he'll get stuck that way for a few minutes until I either run far enough away and go after a new target, or flail at my escape key for a solid 20 seconds. Now, this could either be caused by lag (Lol 300+ people in one instance) or something fundamentally Ffffed-up, but i'll see if things change a bit by the end of the weekend.

2: I've had instances where my character will simply continue to blast the living dogshit out of an enemy, long after it has died. And he'll get stuck that way for a few minutes until I either run far enough away and go after a new target, or flail at my escape key for a solid 20 seconds. Now, this could either be caused by lag (Lol 300+ people in one instance) or something fundamentally Ffffed-up, but i'll see if things change a bit by the end of the weekend.

Thankfully it's just a cosmetic issue. Me and Ryk have seen this one happen a lot, even in instances. It will eventually go away by itself. Still though, nothing more annoying than trying to listen to dialogue while Ryk is going goddamn rambo in the background with his twin blasters :P

Guest Ruin Nefarious

After checking the game out, I can speculate I am more than likely not going to buy it. It doesn't impress me as being something that will keep my attention more than a week.

well if you guys want a Ordo Imperialis Sith PvP guild for early access, someone needs to mek it and have 4 pre order members before Friday as thats when the guild program ends, anything past that you will have to wait till you have 4 members on droumnd kaas and 5k at early access or launch.