Clicky

Aryte

A Letter from Jayce Iredell

I didn't want to be melodramatic about it sir, but when I mentioned my hiatus that was soon, I chose tonight to be my last day online. I honestly admit I do not know if at the end of six weeks I will want the return or even have the capacity to. Which is why I wanted to atleast say something to let everyone know, exactly what this organization and all in it mean to me.

When I joined and was made E-2, (a fact not well known because of the Venuma Coalition collapse) I had the aspirations and delusions of graduer that I know many of our new members have today. When Xang Xiao sat me down in his then makeshift office at the Levitas Outpost in Congrua, I was asked for more than personal gain, or merit could ever pay for. The request of excellence, to which I can say in most cases I did as told.

Hard times and mess ups marred what would have otherwise been a stalwart career for a veteran of an organization such as our divine order. However it is not my accolades or merits I care about, eventually everyone has earned the same rights. Time is all I can boast about, that and the people I have seen through it.

I am most proud of all of you, the old and the new, I have watched and saw the first steps of people I now call sir when they began their first phase of schola training, people like:

Soulbinder Wolfstein: who heeded my every command and always saluted properly as a legionnaire. Only to take command over my own head, the irony hit me hard but I realized eventually that it was not because of my failings but my strengths, I was needed in my low position so those above me could rely on someone. In Centurion Wolfstein I take great pride.

Rei Kuhr: A tiger that when he first wore a schola uniform everyone thought, he talked to much and could not see where he would go. Look at him today, a Centurion who has earned the right to be saluted, for reforming and making Astra into what we know it as today. I will always fondly smile at the memory of walking in on Rei and a group of legionnaires while they defaced, an effigy of an Alliance Navy Mairne.

Sosarin Demar: I wish I had gotten the time to know this man better, for even in his laid back demeanor he was briliant for the things he did, even if they were the simplest and none had thought to do it before he did. Sosarin still succeeded, and he sacrificed, day after day he trained our recruits, our pilots, organized, and also helped to reform Astra. As an integral portion of what the Ordo has become, he defines what we all crave most, to progress beyond what we were yesterday, and dream of what we can become tommorow.

Lestat Umarov: You never once asked for respect or power, but the first thing I recall of you as fresh faced Legionnaire, was a hard worker. You desired to serve, to create and make more out of this group and of yourself than what they were. Schola, Terra, and the group as a whole, has been changed and shaped by your hands. The Terra Handbook, The Adiutors, and NCO school are just a few of your long list of services to us. Though to me you were a brother, and tyou had words of encouragement and strength in times when I would have broken and gone mad. Never lose these qualities you have, they are worth more than gold.

Gunau Sodwind: How can I describe one of the most genuine and kind hearted people I know? When we met, I was a stuckup self righteous stick in the butt. You showed me how to be chill and take life easy, taught me that having fun is just as important as being the best at what you do. Most of all you put up with me when I was at my worst, and hlped me back to my feet so I could be at my best. A more true friend I can't say I have anywhere else. The greatest lesson of all, is that this is the internets, nothing matters on the internets.

Heather McKay: There is no one that is on this list that has forced me to look inside myself and challenge my character as much as you have. If there is such a thing as selfless, loving service, it is in our friendship. Time and time again you have seen some of the most dark places in my life, and you still had the strength to tell me to keep going. All as I have suffered with my personal battles you were there to give me the kind words, and strength of encouragement that today allow me to face the toughest decision I have had to make in years. I go down a path of uncertainty, into a future where I have to give up my places of security and comfort, to confront the realities of life. I could not have and would not be doing so if you and I had not met.

Aryte Vesperia: For a long time you have seemed to me unbreakable, and unwaivering; a man who is determined to make his future come to pass; and spares nothing to see it through. Your time, your money, and even you heart are in the Ordo, to call you Imperator is a great honour. Though as time has drawn on I learned to see you not as a God head on a pedestal, but as a man who labours hard in all his work because he is expecting to reap a great harvest. Always remember, that when these people salute you, they do so not because you are their Imperator, they do it because you have taken that extra step to make sure they can grow and stand upright. I respect you far beyond what words can convey, even if we have not always been on the same page.

To the rest of you I say this: Whenever you see the Cross of our order, do not think of it as a great and glorious thing, for it is but a symbol. Look upon it instead and see the fruit of all the effort we have put in, see the bright fire that burns not because we are great, but because once upon a time we were not great. This groups is not a culmination of any one single person's effort, but of all of those who down to the lowest Numerii, chose to give of themselves when they did not have to. Always be reminded, that when you look upon the colourful merits and shined medals of the officer over you, do not say to yourself "I wish I had that." Instead my lowly brother, think not of what the Ordo can do for you, but what you can do for the Ordo.

Maybe someday, when I am in a better station in life, I'll come back and see that we have not forgotten what makes us, and I'll rejoice that each of you has continued to do what he can, to improve, progress, and move on.

Optio Jayce Iredell,

Commander of Cohors B, Century 2.

(If you feel like sharing this with everyoine, you may, I just wanted to let everyone know truly how much this has meant to me.)

It has been a sincere pleasure having had the opportunity to not only . . conscript Jayce as Nasarati some time back, but to have spent the better of a couple years as his officer and friend. As I conveyed to Jayce: you will be missed, very much so. Professionally, few have committed so much as you. Personally, you've been a confidant and a bud through thick and thin.

Jayce, I understand that, in life, sometimes you have decisions to make that aren't always so easy. I respect your choice and understand it be for the better. You'll be left in the Ordo groups as a honorable retiree, without exception. You'll always have a place here! I look forward to you someday returning. Until then: good luck and take care.

Jayce Iredell, you have been a close friend of mine throughout the year and a half I've served in the Ordo. We've had many good times, you're a courageous soldier and a dedicated friend. I hope you overcome swiftly and easily whatever comes your way in life. There will always be a place for you here in the Ordo, we're your family, the community that you helped build.

Good luck Jayce, you've been around since the beginning and never wavered in your loyalty to the Ordo. We've had many talks and discussions that I always enjoyed, and you have proved to be a great friend and someone always available to talk to. I hope your future endeavors are full of success and that you find what you are looking for in your life.

Let us know how you're doing someday!