Clicky

Aryte

Combat Courtesy (Defense Specific)

I'd like to ask that people don't start deploying mortars to "flush people out" instead, as the same thing apples.

It's cheap.

I usually ask to deploy the mortar when it's actually needed. For a group of mechs or a tank, for example.

Flushing people out "becuz dey steyed der 2 logn lol" is pretty cheap, I agree with Niiya.

Lemme restate that I don't like venturing past the walls. Though, I've done it and probably will do it again on occasion. Doing so, creates a sort of competition among Ordo for the kill. Even when it's just one guy attacking, and maybe for 3 hours. I know moving beyond the walls keeps things from feeling static on our end, but I can't help but think that giving the attackers more space would encourage more attackers and hence more pew pew, which is why most of us got into this.

As for mortars, insofar as they're supposed to be Antesignani, I'll keep an eye out for this sorta thing. The only time I agree to open fire with these are if some guy is launching some sorta missle from behind cover and we can't return fire. Or, if they idle behind cover for an exceedingly long time. Else, small arms should be the norm.

I'd like to second/third/whatever this. The jetpack is NOT a portable 40 meter tall sniper tower. If it's abused too much, we'll have to lower its max height significantly.

You can use jetpacks for combat maneuverability... they are very convenient for quickly getting on top of the terraformer or the primary wall, among other things. But please don't use them to vertically "flank" enemies taking cover in the red zone.

On the mortar: you have to clear mortar use with the OIC, but my rule of thumb is that we really don't need them unless an enemy is engaging us from out of line of sight (in other words if they're using a grenade launcher, mortars, or whatever themselves.) If they do that, they're asking for a hail of explosives. No mercy. Otherwise, we're good enough to beat them with the same thing they're using... bullets.

I normally deny explosives unless we do not have the man power to deal with a threat (4 or less on sim) Or they use cover as a way to lob grenades over the hills or use weapons that are not allowed etc. But the only explosives I allow are C4 or grenades. Maybe one Adjudicator at most. Also mortars are OIC discretion along with most ordo gear of that nature

As for the jetpack im guilty of this too most of us are witch is why im no longer using it. gets me used to fighting in conventional means, removes temptation

Edited by Hunter Abrams

I do not want to get off topic, but jetpacks are just one facet of the overall issue. The problem with combat is, of course everyone wants to get the advantage. In real war, that's the point. To kill the enemy without getting killed yourselves. The problem is, this is not real war. Now, can we make it as close to the real thing as possible? Sure. Do we want to? Of course not. Do you want Curia writing an email to your parents that you were shot on an online game? Sounds stupid, really. So keep in mind, it's a game. We do this to have fun. To have fun, we have to make concessions to the people that come to Titan to battle with us.

Keep this in mind. All we need to take out a hostile is a single bullet. We do not need anything else to do the job. However, we have an arsenal in place to be able to match firepower with firepower. If they bring a jet, we bring a Praeda or a Nemesis. If they bring a mech, we bring ours. If they decide to use a RPG, we have our pilum. Match force with force. I'm not asking anyone to handicap themselves for the enemy. But keep in mind, the object here is not to obliterate all hostile forces so they never return. If we did, then we would have no enemy left to fight. And no enemy to fight means we will come to Titan every single day to have nothing to do but sit around watching an empty spawn.

So if you want to flex your e-muscles, then dont think of how to best a hostile with firepower. Use what you got already in a better manner. Trust in your teammates to help you out. And do not get frustrated because you got shot. We all have had it happen to us. It's not a big deal.

I do not want to get off topic, but jetpacks are just one facet of the overall issue. The problem with combat is, of course everyone wants to get the advantage. In real war, that's the point. To kill the enemy without getting killed yourselves. The problem is, this is not real war. Now, can we make it as close to the real thing as possible? Sure. Do we want to? Of course not. Do you want Curia writing an email to your parents that you were shot on an online game? Sounds stupid, really. So keep in mind, it's a game. We do this to have fun. To have fun, we have to make concessions to the people that come to Titan to battle with us.

Keep this in mind. All we need to take out a hostile is a single bullet. We do not need anything else to do the job. However, we have an arsenal in place to be able to match firepower with firepower. If they bring a jet, we bring a Praeda or a Nemesis. If they bring a mech, we bring ours. If they decide to use a RPG, we have our pilum. Match force with force. I'm not asking anyone to handicap themselves for the enemy. But keep in mind, the object here is not to obliterate all hostile forces so they never return. If we did, then we would have no enemy left to fight. And no enemy to fight means we will come to Titan every single day to have nothing to do but sit around watching an empty spawn.

So if you want to flex your e-muscles, then dont think of how to best a hostile with firepower. Use what you got already in a better manner. Trust in your teammates to help you out. And do not get frustrated because you got shot. We all have had it happen to us. It's not a big deal.

VERY well put, Rei, I wholeheartedly agree.