Clicky

ribena Homewood

Should I buy a ferret?

Ferrets!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy a ferret and do they make good pets?

Two things to consider:

1. Ferrets are sneaky little shits and love to explore, so if you don't keep them under tight security, they will escape and end up in all kinds of weird places.

2. They smell.

Other than that they are lovely and very cute, go for it.

Thanks. I smell . . So I can deal with that. As for exploring.. Let it explore. :3 I have a parrot who roams the house anyway. xD No going outside though.

If you have a recliner, sometimes they crawl up into the insides of those and get squished when you try to recline it and then you sit there jamming on it trying to get it to actually go back all the way and all the while you're slinky little buddy is down there getting his delicate little neck crimped shut between two steel bars and then you realize you just slowly and brutally murdered your ferret and is that really what you want Ribena?

If you have a recliner, sometimes they crawl up into the insides of those and get squished when you try to recline it and then you sit there jamming on it trying to get it to actually go back all the way and all the while you're slinky little buddy is down there getting his delicate little neck crimped shut between two steel bars and then you realize you just slowly and brutally murdered your ferret and is that really what you want Ribena?

I lol'd. So hard.

They can smell if you dont provide them with stuff to clean themselves and open air around their habitat.

They will find a way into everything. If you want to let them roam, only do it ina room you are in, with all electrical things secured (or no cords at all) and all other crevices that you cant widen (Bed = Fine, Refridgerator =/= fine) sealed. The love to crawl through things, so mailing tubes ect make great toys.

They chew on things. Mailing tubes, chew toys, carrots, fingers. They dont bite to be malicious unless given reason.

They like/need companionship /attention.

Just cause they are in the small mammal family does not mean they have the requirements of a hamster. They can be almost as time consuming / needy as cats.

They are made of epic and win, but if you cant care for it, dont get it.

i got terrets in our old tools house in the garden and for the smell .. it smells like a death person mushus kind and a bit sweet like very old onions if your house smells like that you .

1. wont get a girlfriend .

2. your girlfriend will leave you.

3. you will run low on friends.

4. furries ringing on your door to come for some cuddles

honestly you should not let them run free in your house maybe a special huge room where they cant sneak out kill them selfs and you can clean very easy.

btw for my opinion ferrets smell worse as foxes ! and i dont only say it becasue my fursona is a fox ... they does smell worse . beside that they are cute and fluffy and if they bite you GOd help you with that infection