Clicky

Sosarin Demar

Builds in Outpost Main Hangar

I took the liberty of returning everything in the outpost main hangar today. It had gotten to be ... ridiculous.

Forgive me if I was rather presumptous in a fashion, but when you have a baneblade sized tanks, guns, airplanes, and all sorts of large builds taking up space to the point where it's claustrophobic ... bad jujyfruits. :c

I would like to encourage people to pick up their builds when they're not working on them if it's in an open public space, or leave them in a more secluded area of the base where it may not get in the way.

Many thanks, it's much appreciated!

We has a big empty floor above the radar room if thing need to be left out over a period of time >.> it's not like it's being used for anything else, as far as I know no one has their home point down there, or a regular flow of people running though it, and it's not that far to jog up the stairs or jump in the elevator is someone attacks is it?

Not directing at any one person, but yes, it was annoying having to see a bunch of half built, half textured, sound spamming, etc projects in our home points. Again, isn't there a designatd building area for these kind of things? and if that doesn't work, you can always try a skybox, or even do it off sim.

And even then, people shouldn't be leaving them on "display", That's a good way of risking something getting copybotted, and frankly, it's a waste of prims to have a bunch of stuff idling around. Not to mention the added rez time in Desereck's case.

I am going to build somthing very large at 3000ft.... a big warehouse where you can build your shit and perhaps leave it there for X period of time before it gets returned. Astra dont usually go that high unless on the RARE occasion we get attacked by script heavy lagg monsters with wings.

We already have enough shit clustering the sky, I remember in the lava sim where there were HUNDREDS of random ass skyboxes with half completed shit and random builds, when we had a build zone in the VV where half of the crap up there could and should have been. If you want to work on a large build which isn't subject to a TON of detail such as a gun or intricate part, build it on the moonbase, no one goes up there anymore.

Having the ability to pick up after yourself when your goIng offsim/offline or otherwise not working on your build anymore should be well within the grasp of most people, especially when coupled with the understanding that if you leave your shit lying around it's getting returned. It's not rocket science after all.

This way the hanger can still be used for large stuff, and be kept clean and tidy as for th' benefit of others as well.