Clicky

Aryte

Training Academies

It could be said that diversity and situation preparation can attribute greatly to the everday standard of our organization. I definitely believe that the Ordo could benefit greatly by having randomized "training academies," by offering up unique skills and courses periodically that would not necessarily be practical for the day to day combat (or perhaps it is and the academy would be frequent?). If anyone is particularly interested in this concept, feel free to throw down some ideals and if you so dare, volunteer to head up a class.

We'll work out scheduling and sign up lists later! :)

I can teach all kinds of things that a practical in the real world but not in SL. =\ From large scale tactics to small squad construction and assignments. Field craft and basic field medicine, shit like that. =\ Nothing particularly useful in SL, but folks would take knowledge away.

Whoever's over this, hit me with an IM in SL and we can discuss it if you want.

I'm thinking of possibly doing a military ettiquette class. For those that want a better idea of how soldiers act in a military. Not as a way of saying "omg this is how we do it in Ordo" but to give a better understanding to how military soldiers communicate and interact with each other.

Tsume Xiao wrote:

Actually, aside from the long range sniper thing, I'd love to work with a Terra Person to put together a Terra/Navis Training Program.

On the Terra Side: Let Terra troops learn to use the turrets in case of an emergency, Work on their parachute accuracy from a moving fleet ship, ect.

On The Navis Side. Covering fire, flying with a full load, flying while Terra is jumping, Covering fire from turrets, teleporting Terra to the ship without having them drop through it, ect

:D

I think Terra and Navis make a good mix. We should train together. In theory you should be a launch platform and we need to train with you!

Xang Xiao wrote:
Tsume Xiao wrote:

Actually, aside from the long range sniper thing, I'd love to work with a Terra Person to put together a Terra/Navis Training Program.

On the Terra Side: Let Terra troops learn to use the turrets in case of an emergency, Work on their parachute accuracy from a moving fleet ship, ect.

On The Navis Side. Covering fire, flying with a full load, flying while Terra is jumping, Covering fire from turrets, teleporting Terra to the ship without having them drop through it, ect

:D

I think Terra and Navis make a good mix. We should train together. In theory you should be a launch platform and we need to train with you!

Done, last night. 3 mixed division soldiers practiced being TPed in and jumping from an eternity, in rapid sucession. This was mostly focused on training the Navis pilot, though, not the soldiers. Also, we did not use parachutes, for simplicity (see previous sentence).

Also, jumping from a moving ship is a BAD idea. As the ship is non-phys, it will move while you don't and you may fall out before you want to. We experienced this last night. Kind of a shame.