Clicky

Hunter Abrams

Why did you join Ordo?

/me points accusingly at Yoko

I knew yoko from SWG and she fasttracked me into the VC a few days after comming on SL when they pretty much fucked that game over in every hole possible plus some newly created ones.

Acted like the total SL newbie that i was at the time but made some friends, and I'm still here :-)

Inoue Katsu wrote:

/me points accusingly at Yoko

I knew yoko from SWG and she fasttracked me into the VC a few days after comming on SL when they pretty much fucked that game over in every hole possible plus some newly created ones.

Acted like the total SL newbie that i was at the time but made some friends, and I'm still here :-)

:o So you are.

i was pulled over to AN II from the AN becuase i follow Flaids around and then was in VC for alittle and after that got really pissed at flaids and join back up with Aryte becuase i miss his business in a white furry avi

I decided to join after bumping into Sazuka at Fynist Island home of the then Slavic Union Armed Forces who I been spending time with doing combat training.

I knew Sazuka from when I was part of the United Federation Starfleet, which is where we met and got on pretty well.

Anyway she had just arrivd on sim in her Schola uniform, which at the time I assumed was something to do with Star Wars since I knew she was into that from seeing her in her Mandalorian Armour over at UFSHQ.

I saw her again afew days later after she had graduated from Schola and was a full member in her Medium Armour and decided to ask her about it since I was having second thoughts about it being something to do with Star Wars.

She then explained what it was and gave Me the links to YouTube vids, which as soon as I watched them, I was hooked and knew I wanted to be part of it.

When I contacted her to tell her I was interested she told me to contact Yoko, which I did and was sent the application form, I filled it in and was accepted, and have been in ever since.

I'm glad I did apply to join as its was as though I found My calling so to speak on SL, even though I've had My share of arguements with both Enlisted and Officers, I'm still here and still love it.

I guess what grabbed Me the most about the Ordo from what I saw in the vids wasn't just the excellent choice of background music, but the armour and the Military Tactics seen in the vids.

The other thing was the shot of Gunau in Aelus's video in his Armour holsding his weapon on guard duty, the whole look of it was so cool and inspired Me to My first look.

I also liked how Aelus added the text section in the video, as his choice of words just grabs hold of the Warrior within us all and inspires You join and be great, maybe the US Military should contact him and ask him to do their next recruitment video. :D

Being in the Ordo is like being in the real Military, there at good times and there are bad, times to laugh and times to cry, Friendship, Comradeship and most of all Family, its a honour to be a part of that.

I was promised cake, I still haven't recieved any and i start to think the cake is a lie.

No serious ehm...where to start..probably in the merczateers.

I joined the merczateers when i was one month old and apparently the ordo disbanded around my original birthday. I never really knew the Ordo and i grew up with the rumors of the Ordo in the merczateers. Several Ordo's joined the mercz and were my comrades at the time. Ordo was a myth for me. I jumped trough the ranks up to Infantry Komdiv ( and i got offered General later but aside from that..). This is the moment where i finally found the guts to IM aryte with a request if he would like to join the Merzateers. Suprisingly enough he was willing to consider it. Not much later after a few meetings he had with lurdan was Aryte and his staff recruited in the Ordo.

This was the first time i got to meet the Ordo's and the tech, discipline and atmosphere they brought. I always liked a roman theme, my Titan industries sig was my standard weapon and Ordo gained my respect trough the months of hearing thestories about them even tho some of them have been colored by the AN. AN was my enemy and they considered Ordo as the root of all evil so i basically considered Ordo as the opposite at that time.

When The ordo's left due that incident they had with proteus i noticed a complete downfall in the Mercz. Mercz was left again without AD or proper weapons. When i heard the rumors about Ordo restarting again i decided to resign from the merczateers and IM aryte if i could be adopted into his crew.At this time it wasn't even certain that the Ordo would ever see the daylight but i was willing to take the risk.

Aryte appreciated this ( at least i think he did) because he immediatly hired me in Titan industries and allowed me to enter Titan wich was closed for the main public at the time. Only the senior staff and builders were allowed to enter.Well from that moment forward i have been with the Ordo and i am still very gratefull for the warm welcome i have been given.

My story begins in January 2006. I met a guy named Raye Carducci, he liked my AV, i sent him to Luskwood. 3 months later, he invites me to TCG. There I meet Dantee Eliot. When drama ensues and TCG dies in June, the three of us form a noob army called UPA. Dantee joins AN, and since he was in charge of external affairs, the group failed in that regard, and we never attacked anyone. Then Dantee joined Ordo, and I heard how cool they were. I wasn't sure, since they allied with the Merczateers, whom I fought in TCG. Then the MDF thing happened, and afterwords, I merged UPA into the NOI. After rising to the glorious rank of E-1, Ordo died. A few of us tried to restart it in NIL, but that failed; Dantee was elected leader, and then decided to go off and play BF2142 instead. yeah...Anywho, around April 2007 I joined the merczateers, along with Dantee. This is right after Crucifix, and right before the ordo mass-joining. I /almost/ went back to ordo right then, but I was on my way up, and Proteus wanted me to stay. After attaining the rank of O-3, the politics that run the group became too much, and I quit in November 2007. After being inactive, I rejoined Ordo April 2008, and here I am!

(side note: april06-nov06, april07-nov07, april08-present; I am not planning this, but i see a trend.)

I joined Ordo as a Praetorian so I can cause an uprising and create a rip in reality where legions of warp tainted and demon infused furry's will pour out of that will spread corruption and taint across the land while they slaughter their cute cuddle cousins and their weak ways.

... Yeah.

>:| seriously. old topics are old.

It's not a bad topic for discussion though, so this is a rare instance in which I'm okay with bumping a topic from almost two years ago.

I joined Ordo because I was sick and goddamn tired of being in a shitty ragtag griefer military like Vanguard 1.0 and wanted an actual legitimate military experience, so I told Christoph to go fuck himself, went to Titan, and humbly asked to atone for my past misdeeds. The Imperator, in his immense mercy, granted me this, and here I am over a year later with some much better privileges, namely the privileges of surrounding myself with a much more savory class of people, having a fancy tag over my head, and some really fulfilling duties and responsibilities.

Some guy lured me out of my TF2-filled hiatus from SL with "I know you like shooting things, but here you can build things to shoot people with! Oh and you'd look awesum in the armor."

I TP to Titan, and I promptly get humped by Keno, run over by Lestat in a tank, and stepped on by a Punisher. It made me regain faith in Second Life, and well, LOOK WHERE I AM NOW.

met aryte in my days when i was in the AN in early 2007, since then i have always held much respect for him, occasionally visiting the old macaroth sim to see him and chat... march 2008 i teleported him to one of my old houses to have a 1 on 1 chat with him about considering joining... since then i got an application and applied to join, along with my goals set to become one of his guard... now here i am...

well after leaving the AN I sat on a friends beach and enjoyed the sun and surf for a while. Members of Ordo have been extremely nice, helpful and supportive before, during and after the issues with the AN. I got my hands on the ordo handbook and started reading and realized that this is exactly what i was trying to make the AN into. It was only natural that i put my app in. I have felt at home from the time i got my schola invite.

For me I guess it started back in the early 90s before SL even really existed. I helped found one of the first Furry RP MUCKs, a fantasy one and after working on it got to found my own empire on it. It's ideals oddly enough match up with Ordo's, although it had a more fantasy based one the basic looks was very Romaneque and even used the old roman rank names and such.

When a freind told me about Ordo I saw so many similataries between what I loved and missed about that old place that I just had to sign up... and right now I don't regret it, and I hope it endures better then my old fantasy based one did, and I work hard to keep it that way.