Clicky

Typhon Perun

OIC and SOG behaviour and Vent/Comms

Lately, and I'm not alone on this it's been like this regarding OIC/SOG behaviour.

OIC: Look it's a hostile lets kill it

Random person: What if there here to visit?

OIC: I'm OIC I say it's hostile so kill it.

MIND you I am not point out anyone specific, so don't get that idea, but it seems to be a growing common with that and similar issues. Same with off topic stuff being continued on vent & comms after a call to clear then they just continue anyway.

Now where is what I was taught.

Treat all visitors as hostile, but do not actually fire on them unless it is clear there attacking. To me this means that give them a chance, even if a known hostile to make up there mind if there going to visit or attack. He have had known hostiles visit before when everyone wants to attack them automatically due to past behavior. Heck one of them is in Ordo now. Heck I even ran in to a Silverhawk and a CATI that just wanted to say hi once.

When clear the comms is called for, everyone is to shut up. That simple. It doesn't matter if you got drunk, or what lol moment you had. Something important is going on and we need everyone to concentrate on it.

Now these are just my thoughts on the whole thing, and I just wanted to post them so we can talk about the whole thing.

Straight out of the handbook and sim covenant, anyone in a hostile group is automatically treated as hostile unless OIC says otherwise. If OIC says nothing, a hostile is to be shot. If they are an unknown, and unarmed, unless there is just cause (blank profile, noob AV, troll, copybot, etc), opening fire on them without just cause would be killing a civilian, and thus punishable.

As for off-topic during combat, we are all guilty of it a little. If the person ignores the legitimate order, IM the OIC about it. If you are OIC/SoG, IM the person. When I am OIC, I wind up globally muting the person for a minute when they do it. It solves the problem, and gets the point across without being an administrative punishment. It also keeps me from having to call them out on it.

Treat all visitors as hostile, but do not actually fire on them unless it is clear there attacking. To me this means that give them a chance, even if a known hostile to make up there mind if there going to visit or attack. He have had known hostiles visit before when everyone wants to attack them automatically due to past behavior.

Visitor status for hostiles is solely at the discretion of the OIC at the time. It is entirely within their power to declare a person hostile and call for their removal. There may be underlying reasons for it that you are not aware of, then again, there may not be. But it is up to the OIC to decide.

When clear the comms is called for, everyone is to shut up. That simple. It doesn't matter if you got drunk, or what lol moment you had. Something important is going on and we need everyone to concentrate on it.

I agree with you here. Every point.

It should, the person could still have hostile intentions even if they detach a weapon. Like attaching a gun once you enter the green zone then shooting people in the back. But as said before, it all depends on who the OIC is. If they won't allow them to visit then IM him/her and try to reason with them.

The OIC, (I wish to emphasize the Officer, rather than NCOIC) position is to be followed. If you wish to pose an objection, do so, politely, in an IM to the OIC at the time.

However, I can tell you, and anyone else who may be asking me, when I say something, as a commanding officer, I expect it to be carried out, regardless of any differences you may have with my decision.

The commands of officers are not open for debate, unless they are in open and explicit defiance of stated Ordo Policies and Rules, at which point the wisest course of action would be to contact another officer, and inform them of the activity, preferably officers of the Agentes in Rebus, the Praetorians, or the higher officers of the Curia.

My thoughts are generally along the lines of:

Hostiles:

Shoot them. Don't IM them asking what they want. We've seen what they want, previously. They want to shoot at us. Even if they're unarmed, even if they're out of uniform. The handbook says this. It's pretty clear-cut.

If they go out of their way to make their intentions to not-get-shot known, it's STILL up to the OIC to decide this. I do believe the visitor guidelines or the handbook also state the OIC has to be minimum rank of O-1 to allow visitation of hostiles.

Randoms:

The SOG or someone directed IMs them asking what they want. Then decisions are made from there. The OIC is perfectly fine to say to shoot them or not allow them to visit. It's all up to their personal thought on the person: how they look, how they act, etc.

There was an update to the NCOIC command that I recall a while back that OIC/NCOIC can approve or disapprove of people visitation regardless correct me if this was updated again as the standing orders is not pinned. Most people choose to disallow visitation after the people attack because there has been instances in which people visit and will suicide bomb the line, arm up and try to kill everyone on the line or the such. So the NCOIC/OIC Disallows their visitation because they don't know them and it is their responsibility to keep Titan secure. So below is a quote from the handbook.

IX-902: Hostile entrances are hostile entrances through and through. A lack of uniform or claims of being unarmed does not change their status, unless the individuals in question are cleared under very specific criteria:

----- a. The individual must be disarmed (they may be uniformed) in all manners.

----- b. The individual must be cleared with the standing OIC (O-1 and above in ranking equivalency). NCOs may NOT clear hostiles for visitation rights, unless acting as NCOIC.

----- c. If criteria are met, the individual must be accompanied at all times by Ordo personnel. They may not be given tours or access to restricted areas without explicit permission by the Office of the Imperator.

----- d. Members of opposing factions do not qualify for "Civilian" status.

If a hostile is already marked as hostile in Mercury, then it would be correct to invite them up to the base /only/ after they have contacted someone, when their request reaches the OIC, and when the OIC approves, and nowhere before. Hostiles come to kill, not be friendly with us.